Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8.6 and 3.3.3 Maintenance Updates available & Cyber Weeks Sale started

LFSLFS
edited November 2021 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

First of all, I hope you are all well!

Today, we are glad to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 3.3.3.

Cubasis 3.3.3 adds support for Apple's latest iPad mini 6 2021 (same for Cubasis 2.8.6) and includes several iOS 15 and iPadOS 15-related improvements and fixes. This update is recommended for all Cubasis users.

Download Cubasis on the App Store

CBT-2754 Resolves a problem, where several Audio Unit plug-ins fail to work as expected with iOS 15.
CBT-2789 Addresses an issue, where the toolbar is covered by the undo info popup on some devices.
CBT-2654 Resolves a rare problem, where the snap grid popup is partly off-screen when being opened for the first time.

In addition, Cubasis joins the Steinberg Cyber Weeks sale, enabling you to save 50% on Cubasis 3 and selected in-app purchases until December 13, 2021!

If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating it in the App Store!

Enjoy making music
& stay safe and sound,
Lars

Comments

• edited November 2021

Fantastic, my reported bug is fixed! Now Bram Bos Perforator, FAC Envolver and I think some more AUs now work as expected - no blacked out UI anymore. Also recording the Midi output of Cykle to a track is working. I just tested it - everything fixed. Thanks to @LFS and the whole Cubasis team. As we heard from Bram the problem is on Apple‘s side - so thank you very much to work around it. 👏👏👏

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2021

@krassmann said:
    Fantastic, my reported bug is fixed! Now Bram Bos Perforator, FAC Envolver and I think some more AUs now work as expect - no blacked out UI anymore. Also recording the Midi output of Cykle to a track is working. I just tested it - everything fixed. Thanks to @LFS and the whole Cubasis team. As we heard from Bram the problem is on Apple‘s side - so thank you very much to work around it. 👏👏👏

Hi @krassmann,

Thanks for the update and the message. This is great news...

We're glad to read that the reported AU instrument issues are resolved with the update.
    Thanks to the team who made this happen... :)

Thanks again
    & stay safe,
    Lars

• @Lfs does this update add trackpad support?

• Can confirm my M1 running smooth. @LFS thank you for all the hard work on this. I really love Cubasis. I have to ask and maybe I did not see it. I get a lot of audio tracks or tracks in general.. do you know if we will be able to hide those at some point to make more screen visible?

Thanks and stay safe!!!
    Charlie

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    @Lfs does this update add trackpad support?

Hi @ipadbeatmaking,

The update adds iPad Mini 2021 support and other iOS 15/iPad OS 15 related improvements.

Best,
    Lars

• @onerez said:
    Can confirm my M1 running smooth. @LFS thank you for all the hard work on this. I really love Cubasis. I have to ask and maybe I did not see it. I get a lot of audio tracks or tracks in general.. do you know if we will be able to hide those at some point to make more screen visible?

Thanks and stay safe!!!
    Charlie

Hi @onerez,

Thanks for the kind message, which the team will be glad to read!

While it is not possible to hide tracks, does pinching above the track list helps to zoom in/out for better visibility?
    Of course, the same goes for pinching above the tracks to zoom in/out the other way...

Nevertheless, we try to make Cubasis better with every update...

Thanks again
    & stay safe
    Lars

• Might be worth noting Cubase is the Stupid Deal of the Day today: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=210190

• @krassmann said:
    Fantastic, my reported bug is fixed! Now Bram Bos Perforator, FAC Envolver and I think some more AUs now work as expected - no blacked out UI anymore. Also recording the Midi output of Cykle to a track is working. I just tested it - everything fixed. Thanks to @LFS and the whole Cubasis team. As we heard from Bram the problem is on Apple‘s side - so thank you very much to work around it. 👏👏👏

Couldn’t have said it better… thanks SO much @LFS, and thanks for supporting Cubasis 2. What a great great app!

• @LFS said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Hi @ipadbeatmaking,

The update adds iPad Mini 2021 support and other iOS 15/iPad OS 15 related improvements.

Best,
    Lars

So I’d guess that’s a no. Is this even possible to add to Cubasis 3? Is there a coding/language limitation that prevents it? I’ve heard about this with Juce for instance. If it isn’t possible, I’ll stop asking/hoping for it to come.

In any case, it’s always good to see Cubasis get an update, so thanks, and congrats.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    So I’d guess that’s a no. Is this even possible to add to Cubasis 3? Is there a coding/language limitation that prevents it? I’ve heard about this with Juce for instance. If it isn’t possible, I’ll stop asking/hoping for it to come.

Will check back on this with our engineers, might be a limitation which held us back from doing it.

In any case, it’s always good to see Cubasis get an update, so thanks, and congrats.

Appreciated, thank you!

Best,
    Lars

• @musikeer said:

@krassmann said:

Couldn’t have said it better… thanks SO much @LFS, and thanks for supporting Cubasis 2. What a great great app!

Hi @musikeer,

Thanks for the kind words, surely the team will be happy to read this!

Best,
    Lars

• Cubasis is now SOLID. No glitches here. Thanks Lars & team.

• @LFS Thank you and the team for another update! :sunglasses:

Hopefully a Tempo-Track and (fingers crossed) Sampler-Track (Based on the Cubase Sampler Track) is not to far away?

For 'vertical track zoom' a 'solo track view mode' could be really handy. ie. all tracks except the selected one are 'minimized'?

Sorting in the Media Bay can't be 'rocket science', and while the developers dig into that a 'Project' tab in the Media Bay with all the project audio and midi-events as objects allowing quick re-use of project resources (ie. drag to time-line or 'sampler track') without duplicating them could be handy?

I have absolutely now clue on how much stuff the to-do list has and how the priority is handled and I do hope some new 'features' (It's perfectly ok with IAPs) pop up!

Take Care & Stay Safe
    /Samuel

• @Samu said:
    @LFS Thank you and the team for another update! :sunglasses:

Hopefully a Tempo-Track and (fingers crossed) Sampler-Track (Based on the Cubase Sampler Track) is not to far away?

For 'vertical track zoom' a 'solo track view mode' could be really handy. ie. all tracks except the selected one are 'minimized'?

Sorting in the Media Bay can't be 'rocket science', and while the developers dig into that a 'Project' tab in the Media Bay with all the project audio and midi-events as objects allowing quick re-use of project resources (ie. drag to time-line or 'sampler track') without duplicating them could be handy?

I have absolutely now clue on how much stuff the to-do list has and how the priority is handled and I do hope some new 'features' (It's perfectly ok with IAPs) pop up!

Take Care & Stay Safe
    /Samuel

100% agreed. This would make the day-to-day use of Cubasis so much smoother.
    I would also add that the tempo track could also allow change in time signature.
    @LFS

• Thanks @LFS and the Cubasis team for a solid maintenance update. Looking forward to more features being added, and I’ll also add my vote in support of more advanced features as IAPs.. you guys have earned it 👍👏👏

• @LFS
    As always I’m also happy to see stability updates, but I always have that feeling that my workflow stuck if I use apps which I control mostly direct in the apps itself. It would be soooo nice to play & record alongside the running track in cubasis and move some knobs and use the touchscreen. Isn’t that what makes iOS so great.

Animoog…Another app like TC-11, MiRack, all Lumbeat apps, Beatcutter, FRMS, spacecraft, SoundScaper, SynthScaper, Nave AND imo ALL touch expressive apps would benefit from audio routing to record directly inside Cubasis.

Please give us some more freedom with audio routing. Thank you for reading and listening 🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

• Well I am finally onboard. I expect I will still do most of my production in AUM and BM3. But for mixing, Cubasis looks like it is the best of the three. Those looong faders, easy automation, track colours, channel strip accessible on each track, nice modern UI. I’m really looking forward to this!

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Cubasis is now SOLID. No glitches here. Thanks Lars & team.

Thank you @NoiseHorse, greatly appreciated... :)

Best,
    Lars

• @Samu said:
    @LFS Thank you and the team for another update! :sunglasses:

Take Care & Stay Safe
    /Samuel

Hi @Samu,

Thanks for your feedback!

Tempo/signature track options are on our list for quite some time, but will not come easy.
    It remains on the list but might not be added sometime soon.

The next update is already in the making...

Best,
    Lars

• @GrnEgz_N_Hm said:
    Thanks @LFS and the Cubasis team for a solid maintenance update. Looking forward to more features being added, and I’ll also add my vote in support of more advanced features as IAPs.. you guys have earned it 👍👏👏

Hi @GrnEgz_N_Hm,

Thank you very much for the kind feedback!
    The team is already in the preparations of the next one... :)

Best,
    Lars

• @gusgranite said:
    Well I am finally onboard. I expect I will still do most of my production in AUM and BM3. But for mixing, Cubasis looks like it is the best of the three. Those looong faders, easy automation, track colours, channel strip accessible on each track, nice modern UI. I’m really looking forward to this!

Thanks @gusgranite!

Glad to read that Cubasis seems to be your tool of choice for mixing!
    We try our best to make it better and better... :)

Best,
    Lars

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@LFS said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Hi @ipadbeatmaking,

Best,
    Lars

Hi @ipadbeatmaking again,

Checked back about this with our engineering:
    Currently, a limitation in a UI development tool that Cubasis uses prevents us from supporting the feature at this time.
    Nevertheless, we hope to be able to offer mouse wheel and Trackpad track list scrolling at some point in the future.

Best,
    Lars

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @DarkAum3o said:
    @LFS
    As always I’m also happy to see stability updates, but I always have that feeling that my workflow stuck if I use apps which I control mostly direct in the apps itself. It would be soooo nice to play & record alongside the running track in cubasis and move some knobs and use the touchscreen. Isn’t that what makes iOS so great.

Animoog…Another app like TC-11, MiRack, all Lumbeat apps, Beatcutter, FRMS, spacecraft, SoundScaper, SynthScaper, Nave AND imo ALL touch expressive apps would benefit from audio routing to record directly inside Cubasis.

Please give us some more freedom with audio routing. Thank you for reading and listening 🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

Hi @DarkAum3o,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis fully supports Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.
    Plus the app comes with additional routing options.

Please describe your usecase more in detail, to let us know about your exact feature request.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@DarkAum3o said:
    @LFS

Hi @DarkAum3o,

Thanks for your message.

Please describe your usecase more in detail, to let us know about your exact feature request.

Thanks,
    Lars

I will fill in here so it’s clear once and for all…

Allow direct audio recording of an AUv3 instrument to an audio-track without the freeze work-around. (Similar to using and recording an IAA Generator on an audio-track).

In short a Cubasis Audio-Track should be able to use any track in Cubasis as the audio input source for recording.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:

@DarkAum3o said:
    @LFS

Hi @DarkAum3o,

Thanks for your message.

Thanks,
    Lars

I will fill in here so it’s clear once and for all…

Allow direct audio recording of an AUv3 instrument to an audio-track without the freeze work-around. (Similar to using and recording an IAA Generator on an audio-track).

In short a Cubasis Audio-Track should be able to use any track in Cubasis as the audio input source for recording.

Cheers!

Thank you so much for stepping in Sam😊
    That’s exactly what I mean. There are a lot of work around, but always critical. Routing With AUM f.e. we didn’t have link start stop, same with Audiobus as I remember. Solution was ApeMatrix which covers sync start/stop, but it’s soooo heavy on cpu in that combination.

The routing options are great and useful in many cases, but what’s missing, like Sam describe, is the option to create a midi instrument track, which can be rout to an empty audiotrack.

That’s why I mention miRack as a good example. We can sync the tempo & start/stop like the most apps. But many apps doesn’t need a „real“ midi input to play, as they have their own sequencers or will be play directly through the touch interface.

I hope the explanation of Sam & my description of use makes it more understandable 🙈

• edited November 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:
    C3.3.3 can’t stop crashing here every minute
    Just 1 wav track, no external anything, it crashes
    Am I alone ?

Edit: now fixed by opening a fresh new project

Hi @BCKeys,

Thanks for your message, including the "Edit" update.
    So, things are working as expected with Cubasis 3.3.3 for you again?

Thanks,
    Lars

• Hello @LFS .

I have a question about piano roll side: Will we be able to see the light and dark colored notes (the notes in the scale and out of the scale we picked) on piano roll in the near future?

• Hi,

Many thanks for the updates and maintenance,much appreciated.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to help with a volume issue.I’ve just downloaded Drum Computer Full Version and the volume in standalone mode is much louder and bassier than when I run it as an Audio Unit in Cubasis 3.It’s a significant bass and volume drop and doesn’t sound very good at all.Any help would be most appreciated.Thank you.