Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth/Instrument plugs with easy midi learn ?!

Hey friends

I am considering to buy one of these cool midi twister fight controllers during the Black Friday extravaganza.

I was wondering though, which plugins do we have which habe an super quick accessible midi learn department?

I came up with all of the SWAM instruments and Zeeon.

Let me know if there is already list or name your favorites with midi learn. Thanks in Advanced.

If you like: share your Midi twister use cases if you have one and are happy with it ;)

Comments

• At last my turn to say it - Drambo!

• @Agatha_aga said:
    At last my turn to say it - Drambo!

Inspired by your Drambo: Sunrizer
    (So all from Beepstreet)

• Standalone apps? or AUv3?
    Planning to use in a host? Which one(s)?

• edited November 2021

@wim said:
    Standalone apps? or AUv3?

Hey Wim, actually I am having all of them except Auria. ;) standalone not too much since I prefer the AU version of plugins. If I don’t have it i could buy it (hey, its Black Friday, right)

Please, let me know your favorites or any ideas. I pulled the trigger on the Midi Fighter btw. Excited to find a way to implement it in my setup. I am feeling it will compliment the Launchpad in a cool way. Thanks man!

• @david_2017 said:

@wim said:
    Standalone apps? or AUv3?

Hey Wim, actually I am having all of them except Auria. ;) Please, let me know your favorites or any ideas. I pulled the trigger on the Midi Fighter btw. Excited to find a way to implement it in my setup. I am feeling it will compliment the Launchpad in a cool way. Thanks man!

Well, what I was going to say is if you mainly use AUv3s and one host such as AUM, Audiobus, or Ape Matrix, it doesn’t matter as much because you can just use the host AUv3 parameter mapping.

But that’s not applicable to your workflow. I rarely use hardware controllers so I don’t have a lot of input for you. Sorry.

• edited November 2021

Hey Wim, thanks for your reply. Ok I was not communicating well.
    The assigning of midi controls inside hosts is not what I meant with „easy midi learn“ - lesson learnt. I will provide a screenshot to make it clear.
    Some plugs have a button right in the main GUI which enables super quick midi learn (without menu diving and stuff)

Sunrises for instance. Anyways, thanks for your input mate!

• @david_2017 Imo, synths that support MIDI Learn make it easy. For example, the AudioKit synths, KQ Dixie, DRC, Pure Synth Platinum. PSP is exceptionally easy, just tap/hold a control. Some, like Model D, require making a Settings menu selection, but then you can learn multiple parameters with no other "menu diving". But you may not always want a fixed MIDI setup for an app, since you may be using multiple apps in a DAW, and you may want to adjust parameters on multiple apps.

Also, be careful what you wish for. Synths have a lot of parameters, but they're not all suited to dynamic adjustment. Some sound creation is easier with the screen GUI. Needing to align hardware controls is a distraction; most synths don't support pick-up. And it can be hard to remember a plethora of control assignments.

• Was about to post Zeeon before I opened.
    In the same ease, there is DRC.