Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Find and play interesting chords with SoundPrism and Tonality

A little tutorial I made with SoundPrism PRO and Tonality to show how I find chords on SP and how you can save them on Tonality to perform them later:

Comments

• This is amazing stuff! Thanks for sharing, mate :love:

• Cool video. Thanks!

• Good tip - thanks!

• Cool! I haven't seen SoundPrism in forever but remember using it back on iOS 8 before I even considered development.

• @cokomairena said:
    A little tutorial I made with SoundPrism PRO and Tonality to show how I find chords on SP and how you can save them on Tonality to perform them later:

>

Whoa. Coolio.

• So I guess this is using virtual midi/core midi in slide over?

• @cokomairena Thanks for the great idea + the demo.. 👍

I just tested out a similar scenario using Audanika (SoundPrism’s successor) in slide over mode in AUM.. used Chord Pads as an AU MIDI FX on one side of the screen + Audanika on the other side.. 👍

• @royor said:
    @cokomairena Thanks for the great idea + the demo.. 👍

I just tested out a similar scenario using Audanika (SoundPrism’s successor) in slide over mode in AUM.. used Chord Pads as an AU MIDI FX on one side of the screen + Audanika on the other side.. 👍

Yeah with Audanika it's much easier, however you don't have the level of control of chord voicing you have on SP...

I've commented about it to @gatzsche, I would love to see the SoundPrism way on audanika or to have slide over with SP PRO.

• @cokomairena said:

@royor said:

Yeah with Audanika it's much easier, however you don't have the level of control of chord voicing you have on SP...

I've commented about it to @gatzsche, I would love to see the SoundPrism way on audanika or to have slide over with SP PRO.

As far as I know he Chord Pads in Tonality's Chord Pads AUv3 can be made velocity sensitive? (tap the 3 dots next to velocity and select vertical, radial etc, you can also add CC#1 for modulation by swiping on the pad).

@TonalityApp What could be a nice addition would be to split the pads horizontally or vertically for quick access to all the inversions? (Think GarageBand's Chord Strips).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@cokomairena said:

@royor said:

As far as I know he Chord Pads in Tonality's Chord Pads AUv3 can be made velocity sensitive? (tap the 3 dots next to velocity and select vertical, radial etc, you can also add CC#1 for modulation by swiping on the pad).

Yeah you can make the pads velocity sensitive and "arpeggiable" manually or automatically, but I didn't talk about that. I'm referring to voicing as in 7th 9th 11th, you can't control that the same way on audanika, you can't even make a 7th.

That CC modulation per pad, I had no idea! I want it.

@TonalityApp What could be a nice addition would be to split the pads horizontally or vertically for quick access to all the inversions? (Think GarageBand's Chord Strips).

For inversions I prefer the way https://www.onemotion.com/chord-player/ manage it, you select a range, and all chords fit that range, having a range bar in the lower part of ChordPad would be ideal for me.

SP is more flexible tho.

• you can't control that the same way on audanika, you can't even make a 7th.

It just ocurred to me that I'm using audanika wrong, you can do extensions, but they are horizontal and not vertical like in SP

• @Samu I was actually just experimenting with that!

@cokomairena Also still considering your suggestion

• We are planning to bring the features of SoundPrism step by step into Audanika. Thus also the dock as well the SoundPrism playing modes will be part of Audanika.