Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Sakura" by JWM (made 100% in Korg Gadget, mastered in Cubasis 3)

edited November 2021 in Creations

I was on a hiatus from music creation after producing many tracks from late Spring to mid-Summer, suffering a burnout of epic proportins. Yet, this melody kept persisting in my head. Late last month, I finally started work on "Sakura" and turned it into a Trancy piece. Here's how the instruments break down.

The sidechain is driven by CHat Detroit in Recife, like usual. The kick, clap, hats, snare fill during the second buildup, and crash are all Recife. The big booming taiko drums are "KaPro Epic Drums" in Glasgow. The transitional white noise sound is driven by Montpellier, and the riser during the second buildup is Brussels.

Now the tonal instruments. The subbass is Chiangmai, and the MidBass is Warszawa. The main melody is carried by four patches in Darwin, the main sound being the koto. The koto tremolo, shamisen, and Asian flute are also Darwin.

The backing trance synth is Wolfsburg, and the Trance Lead is Montpellier. The choir, strings, and brass are all Glasgow.

Mastered in Cubasis 3 with the usual suspects: MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter Tripleband preset, and TB Barricade.

I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I enjoyed making it.

Comments

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The sidechain is driven by CHat Detroit in Recife

oh nice.

the reverb is the send fx? I always find it too bright.

this was a great song, congrats.

• When @jwmmakerofmusic makes a new song

Jokes aside, this was great. I always learn a lot more about Gadget 2 from your productions.i might even switch to it as my main Groovebox application soon.

• edited November 2021

Oh wow. That was epic and fun. And the perfect energy boost to carry me through the rest of my afternoon.

Edit: Finds self putting it on repeat on Soundcloud.

• @cokomairena said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The sidechain is driven by CHat Detroit in Recife

oh nice.

the reverb is the send fx? I always find it too bright.

this was a great song, congrats.

Thank you. :) The reverb I used was the IFX one. I don't like how little control I have over the send effect one. :)

@seonnthaproducer said:
    When @jwmmakerofmusic makes a new song

Jokes aside, this was great. I always learn a lot more about Gadget 2 from your productions.i might even switch to it as my main Groovebox application soon.

Glad you enjoyed. :) Gadget 2 is perfect as a groovebox. So many choices for instruments straight outta the box before you even purchase an IAP or Gadget-compatible synth. Meanwhile, Module IS AUv3 and can work in any AUv3 host like NS2, Drambo, Beatmaker 3, AUM, Drambo, Cubasis 3, and even Drambo.

But yeah, about six months ago there was this thread... https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45189/anyone-else-a-bit-sorry-for-ditching-gadget/p1 ...and boom, it sparked something within me to pick up Gadget and overexplain what I did in each track so that others may want to pick up Gadget 2.

@peanut_gallery @LinearLineman @Edward_Alexander

Thank you all so much. :) Cheers mates. Looking forward to producing my next one.

• Awesome return, mate!
    Can totally imagine this playing in something like Mortal Kombat movie or the Tekken games

• Glad you're back! Great track and as always interesting arrangement, it keeps you going.

• Yeah! Sounds great.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Awesome return, mate!
    Can totally imagine this playing in something like Mortal Kombat movie or the Tekken games

Writing videogame music would be an interesting endeavor, but I'd probably have to use an actual computer. :lol:

@Bob said:
    Glad you're back! Great track and as always interesting arrangement, it keeps you going.

Thank you so much. :)

@iansainsbury said:
    Yeah! Sounds great.

Thank you so much.