Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How embarrassing!

2»

Comments

• @sigma79 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I actually discovered the perfect solution for “app switching” without buying a keyboard or two button controller that nobody mentioned here. There’s an accessibility feature in iOS called “Assistive Touch” where you can create a button on your screen that you can assign to different things (up to 8 things/gestures).

I have it setup with just one function: the App Switcher!

Cools beans.

Yup, It works. I’ll sometimes forget to turn it off though, when doing a screen capture. End up having a button on the screen in my visual productions. shrug

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@sigma79 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I actually discovered the perfect solution for “app switching” without buying a keyboard or two button controller that nobody mentioned here. There’s an accessibility feature in iOS called “Assistive Touch” where you can create a button on your screen that you can assign to different things (up to 8 things/gestures).

Cools beans.

Yup, It works. I’ll sometimes forget to turn it off though, when doing a screen capture. End up having a button on the screen in my visual productions. shrug

Moonscaper.

Thanks Edward.

@sigma79 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Cools beans.

How do you not get audio crackles, when app switching?

I need to think if I will use drambo for drums using drambo or aum. With drambo. I can maybe use a controller so everything will be recorded ( including effects ) and not app switch, then maybe work through a linear amount of patterns and edit. Or use aum and just apply effects after ( and still be able to edit drum pattern ) Seeing as it might just be for ideas to maybe a chorus point. Might be better to use aum. I think Im still at the point where I try to see how mad/glitchy a beat/tune can be. Instead of just chilling and thinking of a track in advance.

• Shame how hosts are closed to other hosts. Aum can route to aum. Using 2 ipads. Can drambo route to drambo. Or aum route to drambo as an actual input?

Is there a better way to switch apps besides the swipey gesture thing?

I use the assistive touch button for this. Two taps on it to call the app switching, you need to set it up before on general settings though.

• @Atlesbe said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

I use the assistive touch button for this. Two taps on it to call the app switching, you need to set it up before on general settings though.

Is this not the circle. So you press circle. Then choose from aum and drambo. The circle is like the home button. Then you choose app?

• @Atlesbe said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

• @sigma79 said:

@Atlesbe said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Is this not the circle. So you press circle. Then choose from aum and drambo. The circle is like the home button. Then you choose app?

No no, sorry my English is a bit limited. I did a screen capture on my settings (in Spanish) but edited with English equivalent (I think 🤔)

• @Atlesbe said:

@sigma79 said:

@Atlesbe said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

No no, sorry my English is a bit limited. I did a screen capture on my settings (in Spanish) but edited with English equivalent (I think 🤔)

Can you make a screen record? Think it will be similar to my video anyway.

• Apple magic trackpads are great for gestural switching (four-finger swipe left or right and three-finger swipe up). They’re pretty hardy in a live situation too, although like with any touch interface, sweaty finger moisture can occasionally glitch the gestures if you’re in a hot sweaty environment.

• @sigma79 said:

@Atlesbe said:

@sigma79 said:

@Atlesbe said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Oh sorry, didn’t see your video before. Yes, is the same thing, you can change the shortcut for the same behavior. In my case two taps but you can chose long press or even one tap.

• @Atlesbe said:

@sigma79 said:

@Atlesbe said:

@sigma79 said:

@Atlesbe said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Oh sorry, didn’t see your video before. Yes, is the same thing, you can change the shortcut for the same behavior. In my case two taps but you can chose long press or even one tap.

Cheers Atlesbe