Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reflection On A Dream

edited November 2021 in Creations

The final track for my next jazz album. I stopped at 500 tracks for a few weeks. Maybe the fantastic trip was over. But no, it seems to go on. Strangely, even better. I don’t say this to praise my efforts, but to encourage you all to find the original musical feeling within yourself. After all, I’ve been doing this for almost 65 years. One could say it’s about fucking time!

I wish my departed teacher, Connie Crothers could hear these new tracks. I think it would gratify her for all the time she spent with me. You know, when I was in my twenties (and broke) and even into my forties, she gave me two hour lessons and would only take payment for one hour. I never really understood why because she could ill afford it. Rest assured I found ways to thank her, as I became more successful, for her generosity and confidence in me.

Many of you, like me, do not necessarily get support from those around you who matter most. It’s hard for loved ones, outside the deep commitment, to grok what it means to grow musically. To surrender to the feeling (not the feelings) of universality that energizes our creativity. So, even more, we have to find the affirmation within ourselves. There is no dollar sign attached to it. No promotion or sexual gratification for nearly all of us. There is only the inner contentment to be gained. To know that you’ve done your best and never gave up. In that we can share what the great jazzers, rockers or synthesists feel…. the satisfaction inherent in the journey itself.

It was my dream to play jazz… specifically to play fast… like the greats. To be soulful and heart connected to the chi of music. Now, for me, as life runs statistically towards “E”, I think of those who have gone before and those players who are yet to arise . We share the same consciousness. If not in me it will blossom in another. Others who will access the very same feeling and experience the same joys and face the same difficulties.

Ravenscroft 275, BeatHawk Total Bass, SWAM Tenor Sax and two tracks of Trumpet an octave apart. Thanks very much for listening.

Comments

• Another great track and lovely words to complement it… the piano and sax put me in mind of this from a Mike Westbrook.
    If you haven’t heard it before PLEASE listen to it as John Surmans Sax is inspiring. A great album overall.
    To say that @LinearLineman is one man and Mike Westbrook had an orchestra full of some of the greatest British jazz musicians of the time … he’s doing an amazing job.

• “We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.
    Through the unknown, remembered gate
    When the last of earth left to discover
    Is that which was the beginning;
    At the source of the longest river
    The voice of the hidden waterfall
    And the children in the apple-tree
    Not known, because not looked for
    But heard, half-heard, in the stillness
    Between two waves of the sea.

—T.S. Eliot, from “Little Gidding,” Four Quartets

Welcome Home, Mike! A Jazz Album indeed.

• I can see where my improv would remind you of Westbrook. The repeated piano motive is very close in expression. His piece reminded me a bit of Sun Ra’s Arkestra. I’d like to go for a sound like that, but hard to accomplish, I think,

That’s a beautiful verse @McD. Very apropos. Indeed.