Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:
    FF creative fx bundle is out. Showing $35 for me but I have Saturn 2. So it would be $17.50 each for timeless and Volcano. Been buying fx lately but I’m gonna have to do this…. If you bought two already you’d get the third real cheap. Maybe someone could chime in with full pricing?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app-bundle/fabfilter-creative-fx-bundle/id1596286291

Damn that was quick. I guess I could have waited one day and got it for much cheaper. Do people ever have luck requesting refunds on these? 😅 not that it’s really that big of a deal

• @Poppadocrock said:
    FF creative fx bundle is out. Showing $35 for me but I have Saturn 2. So it would be $17.50 each for timeless and Volcano. Been buying fx lately but I’m gonna have to do this…. If you bought two already you’d get the third real cheap. Maybe someone could chime in with full pricing?

If you have Timeless 3 and Saturn 2 already the new kid is $3.01

• @charalew said:

@Paulo164 said:

@orand said:
    If I could get just one VirSyn additive synth, which would you recommend? The diversity of overlapping options is kind of confusing. Also, I’m a little hesitant due to the typical VirSyn UI/UX issues, so I’m also open to “get something else entirely.”

AddStation

I'd have said AddStation before Cube Synth Pro was released but now definitely go for Cube Synth Pro. Would pay good money for a desktop version @VirSyn - absolutely brilliant Synth

Got me Poseidon a while back because stupid me thought I could analyze and use my own samples like in the desktop version.
    Only preset models though.
    Is there any additive or wavetable iOS synth from Virsyn that lets you import and work with your own samples like in Nave etc.?

• @rs2000 said:

@charalew said:

@Paulo164 said:

@orand said:
    If I could get just one VirSyn additive synth, which would you recommend? The diversity of overlapping options is kind of confusing. Also, I’m a little hesitant due to the typical VirSyn UI/UX issues, so I’m also open to “get something else entirely.”

AddStation

I'd have said AddStation before Cube Synth Pro was released but now definitely go for Cube Synth Pro. Would pay good money for a desktop version @VirSyn - absolutely brilliant Synth

Got me Poseidon a while back because stupid me thought I could analyze and use my own samples like in the desktop version.
    Only preset models though.
    Is there any additive or wavetable iOS synth from Virsyn that lets you import and work with your own samples like in Nave etc.?

You can import and use your own samples in Poseidon Synth for iOS. You need to press the plus button in the name of the wav, near the keyboard.

At least in its IAA standalone app, using AudioShare to import the samples.

Even more, you can create randomized patches using your library of imported samples.

Amazing synth, amazing developer.

• Audiolayer for 8.99 ! Bought right away. Been waiting for this to go below 10 for ages

• @Poppadocrock said:

Wow, Volcano for £4.01! Thanks Poppa.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Poppadocrock said:

All depending at what prices you got them as my bundle was ‘free’ :sunglasses:
    Best deal of the year…

• @Poppadocrock said:

I don't have any of the 3. Bundle price for me is $54.99.

• edited November 2021

While it's a time consuming task, it's feasible to import your entire EXS24 instruments library from Logic Pro into AudioLayer.

Even more, if you have a Mac and don't want to invest in Logic Pro because you're more into Ableton Live, you can purchase MainStage for 30 euros, which includes the entire instruments library from Logic.

The caveat is that you need to export in Logic/Mainstage each instrument, one by one, selecting the option of also including the audio files.

Then, put the EXS24 instrument file into the folder with the samples. Import this folder into AudioLayer, and voila.

Other consideration is that instruments in which all the samples are included in a long single file, they require a lot of processor power. So there was some audio skips in my iPad 2020 with these large audio files. But they work perfectly on my iPad Pro M1.

So for 8.99 euros, and investing some hours importing separately each instrument, you can have your whole collection of Logic Pro instruments in your iPad.

• @Pynchon said:
    While it's a time consuming task, it's feasible to import your entire EXS24 instruments library from Logic Pro into AudioLayer.

Even more, if you have a Mac and don't want to invest in Logic Pro because you're more into Ableton Live, you can purchase MainStage for 30 euros, which includes the entire instruments library from Logic.

The caveat is that you need to export in Logic/Mainstage each instrument, one by one, selecting the option of also including the audio files.

Then, put the EXS24 instrument file into the folder with the samples. Import this folder into AudioLayer, and voila.

Other consideration is that instruments in which all the samples are included in a long single file, they require a lot of processor power. So there was some audio skips in my iPad 2020 with these large audio files. But they work perfectly on my iPad Pro M1.

So for 8.99 euros, and investing some hours importing separately each instrument, you can have your whole collection of Logic Pro instruments in your iPad.

i'm a Windows user. Are there exs24 instrument collections online, or to purchase?

• @MAtrixplan said:

@Pynchon said:

i'm a Windows user. Are there exs24 instrument collections online, or to purchase?

They are included in Logic Pro and in MainStage as free downloads. To export the samples, you need to to access the plugin loaded as an Audio Unit.

I don't know if someone has prepared the instruments ready for iOS importing online, but if they exist, we're talking about piracy.

If you only have Windows, there is still an option. That it's to create a Mac OS virtual machine. Create an Apple account. Purchasing MainStage for 30 euros. Installing the app in the virtual machine, downloading the instruments. And then, loading the sampler Audio Unit into MainStage, exporting each instrument one by one as I described. It's incredibly time consuming. And creating a Mac OS virtual machine is also tricky. But there are a lot of good tutorials online. The performance of this virtual machine will be awful, but you only want this to export the instruments.

• @MAtrixplan Oh, and I also forgot to mention that of course, there are EXS24 instruments to purchase online.

But if you only have Windows, I don't recommend this. Because it's tricky to prepare the instrument to be imported into AudioLayer without the Sampler Audio Unit included in Logic/MainStage.

This John Cage's prepared piano is superb, for example:

https://bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?325&fb_comment_id=10150315286034409_25661856

But I needed to export this with Logic, because I wasn't able to import the instrument into AudioLayer, at least with my limited knowledge of the format.

With other instruments maybe it will be feasible.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Oh boy, you just have to live FabFilter :)

• Hey friend,

https://www.pianobook.co.uk/packs/

Sort for EXS24 - some great sounding instruments are over there (hope you didn’t know already about this site ;))

@MAtrixplan said:

@Pynchon said:

• Hi
    I have a problem which prevents me to purchase FF creative fx bundle with the sign “the item is currently being modified”
    Does anyone knows a way to fix this

• @Bujar said:
    Hi
    I have a problem which prevents me to purchase FF creative fx bundle with the sign “the item is currently being modified”
    Does anyone knows a way to fix this

Only way is to wait for a while...

Don't know if it was 'intended' or a 'glitch' that my bundle update was 'free' (Previously I had punched both Timeless 3 and Saturn 2 at their initial launch-prices).

• I also have the Timmeles3 and Saturn2 purchased at their initial launch prices.
    I had the same problem with other bundles from FF

• Maybe its the appstore restriction for specific region

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey friend,

Sort for EXS24 - some great sounding instruments are over there (hope you didn’t know already about this site ;))

@MAtrixplan said:

@Pynchon said:

Wow, thanks. I forgot about this website. I see that exs24 files are not so heavy. Good!

• Great information @Pynchon, thanks a lot! I wonder how I've missed that.

• @Pynchon said:

Do I understand correctly that this is a way of indirectly having Mainstage on iPad? How flexible is instrument browsing in AudioLayer?

• edited November 2021

oh man, iOS music making is just great, I felt like I've completely lost myself on a sale shopping spree, throwing money left and right, buying plugins on a hunch without even exploring the previous buy, and then I look at my bank account, really scared, and it's like... ok that was less than the cost of a 2nd hand volca.

• @wawelt said:
    Do I understand correctly that this is a way of indirectly having Mainstage on iPad? How flexible is instrument browsing in AudioLayer?

No tagging, but you can organize the instruments in folders.

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey friend,

Can the pianobook EXS24 be imported and used in AudioLayer with little to no hassle? Unlike the DecentSampler downloads that seem to end in all sorts of crashes. If yes, then I should pick up AL in this sale:)

• @Pynchon I created a breakout thread to discuss how to import Logic‘s instruments into AudioLayer more deeply

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47907/import-logic-instruments-into-audiolayer

• edited November 2021

@bleep said:

@david_2017 said:
    Hey friend,

Can the pianobook EXS24 be imported and used in AudioLayer with little to no hassle? Unlike the DecentSampler downloads that seem to end in all sorts of crashes. If yes, then I should pick up AL in this sale:)

I can confirm that this works but I did it only for a few instruments. I also imported all the SFZ files from Loopop’s contest into AudioLayer with very good results.

The only thing that was troublesome for me is the iCloud instrument sync. Importing EXS24 instruments via the iCloud import folder resulted in unreliable AL instruments when iCloud had deleted them locally and downloaded again. I turned iCloud off in AL and switched to copying them over to the iPad and then move them to AL‘s local import folder.

Get AL now during the sale. I think it’s the most advanced iOS sampler for instruments. It has great envelopes and filters, including a ladder filter. You can really do some serious sound design with it.

• Thanks @krassmann, sounds promising. I suppose the BM3 sampler is still the most powerful on iOS, but it's good to have AUv3 and EXS24+sfz import.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.