Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zephyr

Ravenscroft 275, BeatHawk Total Bass, SWAM Double Bass.

Comments

• In all seriousness - this reminds me of a tune I've never heard before. It tugs at my memory, as if I should know it's name, it's identity, but it escapes me the moment I put thought to it.

Pensive, moody days, a twinge of hope, perhaps? Calming. Thanks for this one, Mike.

• Glad you’re listening @Daveypoo. I kept it simple. Have a great weekend, bro.

• What an excellent tune! 🙏🏽🧔🏼👍🏽

• That is just so lovely. This hit me. Thanks Mike.

• Beautiful LL. I kept expecting Tom Waits to start singing in the mid 70’s iteration of his vocals.
    Like @Daveypoo suggested.
    Familiar then not.

• Very nice, great piano playing and beautiful bass and piano sound, outstanding LL!

Greetings, frenq

• Fantastic track! Perfect for a grey Friday morning where I am. Makes everything really cozy.

• Just incredible! Love it!

• If it's not too much trouble could you also publish a "Zephyr Rhodes" for me... I think it would make me melt in a puddle of "Ahh...". Like my other rhodes fav of yours... The impeccable "Glistener":

• Many thanks to @kinkujin @Satie @Ben @Frenq @peanut_gallery @Edward_Alexander. You just never know when you’re gonna hit the nail on the head😉🙏🏻

@McD, why don’t you pick a patch from NeoSoulKeys 2 you’d like and I’ll plug it in. I tried a couple and it does sound good.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, why don’t you pick a patch from NeoSoulKeys 2 you’d like and I’ll plug it in. I tried a couple and it does sound good.

Cool... re-installing Neo-Soul Keys Studio 2 now.

• @McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

Cool... re-installing Neo-Soul Keys Studio 2 now.

"Suitcase -> Fusion Suitcase" would work for me. Adding some additional Rotar and AutoPan Effects would make it really dreamy and let me loft away for 3:31.

It also doesn't require a 2nd download which reminds me why I tend to avoid MIDIculous apps. I have this issue with storage so apps unload without frequent use. A smaller app that hits the right features tends to hang around. Of the 12 MIDIculous app I have purchased none were installed.

After I get a 1-2TB iPad I'll use them more often and get out of this storage constrained nightmare.

• Ver.1 was great, but I love the Rhodes. Sublime.

• Love some of the inverted chords. Really good one. +1 for a Rhodes version.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Here you go @McD.

Where's the BeatHawk Total Bass and SWAM Double Bass? They help support the harmony.
    The Rhodes bass end is a weak point for me.

I guess it requires the use of a "split point" and more work. I could also use a little movement on the Rhodes rather than the static tone: chorus, Rotar, and/or Auto Pan.
    I re-listened to Glistener and it has this type of tone but the bass seems better EQ'ed
    and comes through cleaner and more resonant. There's nice synth mix in Glisterner that
    also makes it special.

• Thank you @Paulieworld and @mjcouche.

@McD, BeatHawk and SWAM still there. I think the sonorities muddy up cause the EP is more sine wavy than the piano.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you @Paulieworld and @mjcouche.

@McD, BeatHawk and SWAM still there. I think the sonorities muddy up cause the EP is more sine wavy than the piano.

Really? Needs a mastering mix: EQ'ing, compression and volume adjustments. Maybe the "Bark Filter" Triple Band/Limiter secret mastering would fix it! It's on sale at 70% off.
    @rs2000 could fix it.

• @McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

Really? Needs a mastering mix: EQ'ing, compression and volume adjustments. Maybe the "Bark Filter" Triple Band/Limiter secret mastering would fix it! It's on sale at 70% off.
    @rs2000 could fix it.

Just use a parametric EQ to pull down about 280..300Hz by around -4dB I would say.
    The Rhodes sounds slightly distorted at a few spots, not sure if there's any clipping in the audio chain or if it's the sample set itself. Not a biggie though, there was plenty if distortion in the early Rhodes days so let the audience swing and sing with it and enjoy 😇

• @rs2000 said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

@rs2000 could fix it.

Just use a parametric EQ to pull down about 280..300Hz by around -4dB I would say.
    The Rhodes sounds slightly distorted at a few spots, not sure if there's any clipping in the audio chain or if it's the sample set itself. Not a biggie though, there was plenty if distortion in the early Rhodes days so let the audience swing and sing with it and enjoy 😇

I don't think Mike's heart is in mixing/mastering. It was a nice gesture to entertain a 2nd version of an excellent project.

He already has another work up for our consideration. And it's a doozey.