Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

-=52 November=- [Rate my drums!]

This piece started as another small experiment with ZOA, but quickly grew into something else. I don’t know what genre to call it, but I added several improvised parts around the ZOA sequence including a set of 4 hand crafted drum patterns using Atom 2 to sequence Hammerhead Rhythm Station’s acoustic drum samples.

This has been my go to for drum tracks. Whatever style of drumming this is, I feel more comfortable writing drum lines and parts this way, vs using some kind of Drum app. I feel like I have complete control over my “Drummer” and feel like he can play anything!

All parts improvised and played by me (except for the small ZOA sequence!)

Comments

• Who cares about genre? Lovely track.
    I rate your drumming very highly 🥇

• @GeoTony said:
    Who cares about genre? Lovely track.
    I rate your drumming very highly 🥇

Thank you Tony! I appreciate you having a listen!

I’ve been thinking about creating a “Playbeat 3 drum challenge” thread, where the challenge would be me trying to recreate drum lines people create with the new Playbeat 3 app that everyone (besides me!) seems to be all gaga about.

I’m saying that I’m pretty sure I could recreate any drum lines that can be made with Playbeat 3, using only a single instance of Atom 2, and some choice drum samples like the ones in Hammerhead or FAC Drumkit.

Got the idea while reading through the recent Playbeat 3 thread, while realizing that I do not need it, as I already own the Ultimate drum line composition tools: Atom 2!

• Cool track.. some great melodies here.. I really like the main line from GeoShred.. tasty.. 👍
    Electric had a beautiful dirty-ish tone..
    Your drum track works quite well with this track.. not overpowering.. blending in.. there’s space.. you can hear the other instruments using that space.. I love hearing the diddles + drags you’ve got going on with the snare.. it fills out the groove.. like any ghosted notes in between hi-hat strokes..
    Genre? Who cares man.. it’s good music..

• @royor said:
    Cool track.. some great melodies here.. I really like the main line from GeoShred.. tasty.. 👍
    Electric had a beautiful dirty-ish tone..
    Your drum track works quite well with this track.. not overpowering.. blending in.. there’s space.. you can hear the other instruments using that space.. I love hearing the diddles + drags you’ve got going on with the snare.. it fills out the groove.. like any ghosted notes in between hi-hat strokes..
    Genre? Who cares man.. it’s good music..

Thank you so much for having a listen! I really appreciate the detailed review!

• Yep, the drums pass the Turing test. More importantly, they don’t stand out or apart. I like the synth add in at 3:00.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Yep, the drums pass the Turing test. More importantly, they don’t stand out or apart. I like the synth add in at 3:00.

Thank you Mike! I’m finding this Atom 2 way of composing drum lines the most flexible.

Also, I’m trying to give the saxophone a rest as suggested.

This is one of about a dozen different projects I have in the oven at the moment. All in various stages of completeness.

• Great melody. Love the drums... especially that snare. Yeah.
    You don't own the ultimate composition tool. You have had it all along.

• I rate it very nice indeed!.
    Is that drumkit standard from (included in) Hammerhead?. Sounds good.

• @Paulieworld said:
    Great melody. Love the drums... especially that snare. Yeah.
    You don't own the ultimate composition tool. You have had it all along.

Thanks Paul! Yeah many apps come and go, but there’s only a couple that can get the job done without compromise.

• @tahiche said:
    I rate it very nice indeed!.
    Is that drumkit standard from (included in) Hammerhead?. Sounds good.

Thank you! Yes, these are the “Acoustic” drum samples included in Hammerhead Rhythm Station. (Go to Presets/ Templates).

Use Atom 2 to sequence the drums while utilizing Atom 2’s velocity controls to give them the realistic, human feel.