Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bristol Manor "Going Nowhere" new album live

Hey everyone - I'm very pleased and excited to announce my new Bristol Manor album was released today on streaming and bandcamp. Please have a listen & let me know what you think - links below.

A tiny bit about the album: All ios as usual (except for some minor mastering in Adobe Audtion on desktop). This one marked a bit of a turn in that I used Nanostudio2 to produce 9-10 of the tracks. (4 others in Garageband, & 1 Gadget track). I've really grown to like Nanostudio2 over the past several months. I used alot of the built-in effects and synth - but there's also a bit of Synthmaster 1 & 2 and a few other ios synths. (Factory, Reason, Groovebox).

@richardyot, @SpookyZoo, @Daveypoo - would love to hear your thoughts as usual. (no early release for you this time @Daveypoo :)) And @richardyot - I used a couple of your Factory presets, and a few of your Obsidian presets on this album ... so thanks! Your presets are great!

streaming links:
https://open.spotify.com/album/69GaJX1rTz3KicYSTrChWh?si=RiBy14BWSpmc85mUGzGReg
https://music.apple.com/us/album/going-nowhere/1591925979

https://share.amuse.io/aFshHncTHo_I

https://bristolmanor.bandcamp.com/album/going-nowhere

Comments

• Congratulations, I can’t wait to give this a listen as I really like your stuff!

And yes, NS2 is awesome. If only it had audio tracks though, because as a singer it’s a bit of a pain to use without them. Having said that I do still like to use it for composing.

I’ll listen to the album and report back tomorrow (hopefully).

• Damn - I liked being the only guy out there with the sneak peek at your latest album.

Jamming the first track now - great stuff, as per usual but it's what I've come to expect from you. As I'm sure I've mentioned ad nauseum here - this isn't the style I typically reach for, but I do really dig your stuff. Well done, yet again.

• Nice work! I used the Apple Music to play through most of the tracks. Excellent production and mixing technique.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Damn - I liked being the only guy out there with the sneak peek at your latest album.

Jamming the first track now - great stuff, as per usual but it's what I've come to expect from you. As I'm sure I've mentioned ad nauseum here - this isn't the style I typically reach for, but I do really dig your stuff. Well done, yet again.

thanks @Daveypoo For some reason - I've had that "not usually my style of music, but I really like this" comment come up several times over the years.

@McD said:
    Nice work! I used the Apple Music to play through most of the tracks. Excellent production and mixing technique.

Thank you for the listens and kind words!!

• edited November 2021

@Halftone said:
    thanks @Daveypoo For some reason - I've had that "not usually my style of music, but I really like this" comment come up several times over the years.

I'm an active listener so I tend to go for active music - upbeat tunes, dance, pop, rock, jazz, fusion - stuff that forces you to listen closely and pay attention. Things that are more downbeat tend to lose my attention (this is a gross oversimplification of course, but hopefully you get the idea). What I like about your music is that I can hear the composition of it - your tunes have a beginning, middle and end. They are thought through and focused, and while they might lean a bit more on the atmospheric end they don't ever drift off into the sonic Stratosphere and lose direction - I can still hear the "song" in them and that's what keeps me engaged.

• So I gave this a spin in my car and it’s fantastic. Great work!!!!

• @Daveypoo said:

@Halftone said:

I'm an active listener so I tend to go for active music - upbeat tunes, dance, pop, rock, jazz, fusion - stuff that forces you to listen closely and pay attention. Things that are more downbeat tend to lose my attention (this is a gross oversimplification of course, but hopefully you get the idea). What I like about your music is that I can hear the composition of it - your tunes have a beginning, middle and end. They are thought through and focused, and while they might lean a bit more on the atmospheric end they don't ever drift off into the sonic Stratosphere and lose direction - I can still hear the "song" in them and that's what keeps me engaged.

Thanks for your thoughts - that’s great! (Although I like the thought of making more stuff that does “drift off into the sonic stratosphere”!!)

@onerez said:
    So I gave this a spin in my car and it’s fantastic. Great work!!!!

Thank you - if it passes the “cruising in car” test then that’s all good with me!!

• I'm half-way through the album now, and so far it's great. It's not quite as dark as some of your previous releases but it's still brimming with atmosphere, terrific bass lines, great melodies and excellent sound design. Great stuff.

• Good stuff! Congrats on the release.

• @richardyot said:
    I'm half-way through the album now, and so far it's great. It's not quite as dark as some of your previous releases but it's still brimming with atmosphere, terrific bass lines, great melodies and excellent sound design. Great stuff.

Thanks! True - I do spend some time coming up with my basslines! Hope you enjoyed the rest. Did you spot your presets?

@SpookyZoo said:
    Good stuff! Congrats on the release.

Thanks Spooky! Hope you’re doing well - seems like you’ve been a bit quieter around here lately..

• Enjoyed that, thanks !

• @Halftone said:

@richardyot said:
    I'm half-way through the album now, and so far it's great. It's not quite as dark as some of your previous releases but it's still brimming with atmosphere, terrific bass lines, great melodies and excellent sound design. Great stuff.

Thanks! True - I do spend some time coming up with my basslines! Hope you enjoyed the rest. Did you spot your presets?

To be honest I didn't think to listen out for them, but I will be listening to the album again later today so I will try and keep and ear out for them :)

• edited November 2021

I've had a couple more listens and I have to admit I can't spot my presets, I just get swept up in the music, which is a good thing!

I really love everything about this album, great atmospheres and really interesting melodic music. It really deserves more love from the forum IMO.

• @richardyot said:
    I've had a couple more listens and I have to admit I can't spot my presets, I just get swept up in the music, which is a good thing!

I really love everything about this album, great atmospheres and really interesting melodic music. It really deserves more love from the forum IMO.

Thanks again! The reception has been really great for this album (from those who’ve heard it 😃).
    I feel it’s my strongest album overall. I really miss Tim/Discchord though - it doesn’t feel the same releasing an album without him posting it along with a few words...

• Hey, late to the party but had some time to listen. I enjoyed my sojourn through the tracks. My favorite by a fair amount was Break Your Step; not sure why except that it leapt out at me. Thanks for sharing!

• I’ve listened to this album a couple times while driving the past couple weeks. I saved the album to my iTunes playlist.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Hey, late to the party but had some time to listen. I enjoyed my sojourn through the tracks. My favorite by a fair amount was Break Your Step; not sure why except that it leapt out at me. Thanks for sharing!

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I’ve listened to this album a couple times while driving the past couple weeks. I saved the album to my iTunes playlist.

thanks for listening! and the comments! and yeah, "Break Your Step" & the 1st track "Years Gone By" are the 2 tracks generating the most buzz for sure.

• i just wanted to share a little update on my album.... It's currently sitting at #1 on the Electronic charts on CJSW radio!!! (the university radio station in my hometown Calgary) AND - it's #4 on the overall Top30 charts!

To say I'm pleased as punch would be an understatement! Thanks to all here who have gave a listen, or dropped a comment - and to those who haven't listened yet - what are you waiting for? It's a certified hit album!! :)

https://www.earshot-online.com/charts/cjsw.cfm?intChartTypeID=2

• @Halftone said:
    i just wanted to share a little update on my album.... It's currently sitting at #1 on the Electronic charts on CJSW radio!!! (the university radio station in my hometown Calgary) AND - it's #4 on the overall Top30 charts!

To say I'm pleased as punch would be an understatement! Thanks to all here who have gave a listen, or dropped a comment - and to those who haven't listened yet - what are you waiting for? It's a certified hit album!! :)

Well done! It's a great album so I'm delighted to hear it's getting some airplay and finding an audience. 👍

• Just listened to the album in a couple of sessions… very impressive. Some great moody / catchy tracks. Stop Thinking is probably my favourite on first listening. Many thanks for posting.

• @richardyot said:

@Halftone said:
    i just wanted to share a little update on my album.... It's currently sitting at #1 on the Electronic charts on CJSW radio!!! (the university radio station in my hometown Calgary) AND - it's #4 on the overall Top30 charts!

Well done! It's a great album so I'm delighted to hear it's getting some airplay and finding an audience. 👍

Thanks again Richard!

@GeoTony said:
    Just listened to the album in a couple of sessions… very impressive. Some great moody / catchy tracks. Stop Thinking is probably my favourite on first listening. Many thanks for posting.

Thanks for listening & the nice comments. Glad you enjoyed it.

I’ve had several comments that echo Daveypoos feeling about “how I don’t usually like/listen to this type of music but I really like this” - the album seems to have a wide appeal range - which is a great thing I feel.