Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which Gadget & feature do we want to see next in Gadget the most?

.....i cant help thinking only a few gadgets and refinements more and Gadget will truly enter a new phase of greatness.

The Gadget i would love see next is something akin to Eden synth or Abletons 'Sampler' for importing a single sample to spread accross the keys and modulate the shit out of.

The feature i would love to see next is insert FX or Audio tracks (akin to Abletons in session view)

Anyone know whats coming to Gadget next or wants to share whats on their Gadget wish list?

Comments

• edited December 2014

Can you imagine audio tracks with really solid IAA and MIDI out (notes and Ccs) like Cubasis has?

That.

Plus better effects would be nice. But you could get round it with the above.

• IAA is the top feature this needs, together with audio tracks for those IAA instruments. So what Matt said. :)

• I keep thinking of a Gadget which uses IAA like the one in tabletop where you can host the selected IAA app and auto map perameters to control most relevant knobs and faders and keys. This would also have a state saving option built in and would be midi data until frozen...

• AUDIO TRACKS!!!!!! sorry, I didn't want to scream like that. And call me crazy but UNIVERSAL APP!!!!!! did it again. I can't help it. Gadget on the iPhone 6 would be so cool....

• @Munibeast said:

AUDIO TRACKS!!!!!! sorry, I didn't want to scream like that. And call me crazy but UNIVERSAL APP!!!!!! did it again. I can't help it. Gadget on the iPhone 6 would be so cool....

Damn right!

• edited December 2014

Nice idea for audio/IAA implementation Dave.

Although wouldn't it be useful to be able to simply paste a bit of audio into a track lane as well as being able to freeze an IAA track?

• Yeah i think the Ableton clip style would be a good way to do this where you import/paste into a clip..

• Not really familiar with how Ableton does it, but sounds good.

Would that mean that audio is limited to 16 bars like clips are (or split every 16 if recording in)? That wouldn't be the end of the world I guess - and would keep things manageable.

I love the clips in Gadget. I use it like Ableton clip view when starting a project and trying things. I create multiple instances of the same Gadget and just have one or two scenes and use the mute and solo buttons a lot to try out combinations. It works ok.

• I want midi mapping for the clip view, so you could use something like a launchpad mini to trigger individual clips and scenes. Would make Gadget a much more viable live pa tool.

Other than that, my biggest wish is some form of undo in the app.

• Effects gadgets that can be used as inserts or sends, MIDI out on seperate channels, MIDI in on seperate channels, reliable sync, multi track audio outputs and audio in. Oh yeah, support for IAA synths and fx would be handy.

Just finish the job Korg and make it a fully fledged DAW already!

• edited December 2014

The Mañana Gadget. Gives you more time...yeah, and undo.

• edited December 2014

This is going to tick people off who want full audio tracks, but I'd like to see a Gadget that simply let you import audio clips through Microphone/Input/ACP/AB/IAA at lengths up to 16 bars, so that it all "fit" together.

For song writers this would mean they'd have to chop up their vocals into sections, but like I say it'd all fit into the way Gadget is built, with the Ableton type scenes they have going.

Everything else is a distant second to me.

• The "Austin": it makes a lot of cool, retro-yet-contemporary-hipster kinda sounds, and everyone says it used to be way, way more fun than it is now but it's still their favorite gadget anyway

The "Dallas": it's really expensive, the UI is really shiny, the sounds are kind of meh but any day now it's gonna get an update that'll make it even better than the "Austin." At least that's what they've been saying for the last five years

The "Houston": actually, I really don't want this one

The "Lubbock": one-shot sampler with nothing but the sounds of guns n' ammo and cattle being castrated

The "San Antonio": sounds great after a few margaritas, but then again what doesn't

Merry Christmas from the Great State, y'all.

1. Renaming user samples (maybe folders too)
    2. Open-in support for audio and midi files
    3. A vocoder gadget called Frankfurt
    4. Better sync

This would made Gadget feature-complete for me ;-)

• They promised that audio tracks where coming when they launched almost a year ago - I'm pretty disappointed that they still haven't delivered on that promise, so that would be #1 for me.

• @RulesOfBlazon said:

The "Austin": it makes a lot of cool, retro-yet-contemporary-hipster kinda sounds, and everyone says it used to be way, way more fun than it is now but it's still their favorite gadget anyway

The "Dallas": it's really expensive, the UI is really shiny, the sounds are kind of meh but any day now it's gonna get an update that'll make it even better than the "Austin." At least that's what they've been saying for the last five years

The "Houston": actually, I really don't want this one

The "Lubbock": one-shot sampler with nothing but the sounds of guns n' ammo and cattle being castrated

The "San Antonio": sounds great after a few margaritas, but then again what doesn't

Merry Christmas from the Great State, y'all.

As an Austinite (transplanted from elsewhere like so many) I can tell you that this is nailed :)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

Not really familiar with how Ableton does it, but sounds good.

Would that mean that audio is limited to 16 bars like clips are (or split every 16 if recording in)? That wouldn't be the end of the world I guess - and would keep things manageable.

I love the clips in Gadget. I use it like Ableton clip view when starting a project and trying things. I create multiple instances of the same Gadget and just have one or two scenes and use the mute and solo buttons a lot to try out combinations. It works ok.

This....(stripped down of course)...

• edited December 2014

I dream of a simple IAA/AB loop recorder (with the ability to choose the number of bars and the possibility to then export the loop to abu dhabi if you want to tweak it)... on my side it would change everything as it would simplify my all workflow and make me able to build full songs under Gadget... A kind of retronym zignal in tabletop, but with AB and without the bugs and limits of tabletop

• Undo, renaming and folder management. Should all be fruit that is not much high ...