Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM piano roll 2 : midi channel

Hi there,

I'm using Atom piano roll 2 for a couple of days and I'm struggling to change the midi channel assigned to notes.
When i write notes, I first select the midi channel and the notes are sent to the selected channel.

Let say i want to adjust a pattern and send notes to channel 3 instead of channel 2.

Do you guys know if there is a way to reassign the midi channel without deleting and rewriting the notes ?
Thank you for your support.

I'm new in Audiobus , let me know if this question is not in the proper category.

Comments

• edited November 2021

Good question! I don’t know of any method. Hopefully there is a way, or @blueveek gives us an update with that functionality

• @Didier said:
    Hi there,

I'm using Atom piano roll 2 for a couple of days and I'm struggling to change the midi channel assigned to notes.
    When i write notes, I first select the midi channel and the notes are sent to the selected channel.

Let say i want to adjust a pattern and send notes to channel 3 instead of channel 2.

Do you guys know if there is a way to reassign the midi channel without deleting and rewriting the notes ?

I'm new in Audiobus , let me know if this question is not in the proper category.

Do you have Atom sending all notes to the same channel or are you creating multichannel midi?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Didier said:
    Hi there,

Do you have Atom sending all notes to the same channel or are you creating multichannel midi?

I setup Atom to send notes to different midi channels (what you call multichannel midi, i guess)
    ie. : D -> channel 1, C to channel 2

But if I want to sent my C to channel 3 (instead of channel 2) i don't know how to adjust the existing C note.
    So I delete the existing note, set atom to send note to channel 3 and recreate the previously deteled note. It can be fastidious if you want to reassign notes to a new midi channel.

• Can always check manual which is accessible through the app hamburger menu upper right, then right next to that button you see a button that says manual.

• @Didier said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Didier said:
    Hi there,

I setup Atom to send notes to different midi channels (what you call multichannel midi, i guess)
    ie. : D -> channel 1, C to channel 2

But if I want to sent my C to channel 3 (instead of channel 2) i don't know how to adjust the existing C note.
    So I delete the existing note, set atom to send note to channel 3 and recreate the previously deteled note. It can be fastidious if you want to reassign notes to a new midi channel.

Yes, it's not a great process.

You can select any notes you want to change, then cut them to the clipboard, change the channel visibility, then paste. That's the only workflow improvement to what you already mentioned that I know of.

• Hi Wim,

You provide me with the method i was looking for.
    Thank you so much.