Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat 3 by AUDIOMODERN

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1591731264

Description:

*** "There’s simply no other plugin out there with this exact functionality - Playbeat is the most powerful tool for rhythmic pattern creation and opened up a world of new possibilities for producers, composers and musicians" ***

• Musicradar, Nov. 2021 -

Playbeat is a creative groove randomizer plugin that generates beats and patterns for you.
Unlike an ordinary step sequencer, Playbeat creates patterns using algorithmic and random procedures for generating grooves by combining Steps, Pitch, Density, Flam, Volume, Pan and more.

Create infinite variations of the grooves while maintaining a sense of creativity, inspiration, and momentum.
No two patterns will ever be the same.

SMART BY DESIGN
Unlike other groove creators that are limited to one specific algorithm, Playbeat innovates by using advanced sonic analysis algorithms to create or remix completely original grooves that never repeat and always sound great!

With the ability to generate and suggest different combinations for your beats on the fly, you'll always have something fresh and new, from simple pattern remixes to more complex drum beats.
The more you play, the more combinations you get.

POWERFUL SEQUENCERS
With up to eight totally independent sequencers which can combine Real-Time Pitch Shifting, our signature Density feature, Flam strokes, Volume, Pan and more, Playbeat can create or remix infinite combinations of patterns in the most creative way.
Load up any audio file, edit or randomize the values and samples instantly. Let Playbeat take over and let it perform for you using our signature Infinity mode. There is no limitations on what comes out!

REMIX, PERFORM & EDIT
With Playbeat's totally new algorithm introduced to version 3.0, you now have the option to create unlimited remixes of patterns based on your current pattern to fit your entire song.
Edit your samples on the spot, and generate a new, fresh set of Remix patterns again and again.. and again.

PRESET & SAMPLE MANAGEMENT
The new Sample management and Preset management system allows you to add any folder from your computer, browse any sample and quickly drag and drop any sample to the Sequencers & Sample Slots to create your Kits.
Each Preset can be Previewed, categorized by Genre, or even swap Samples & Groove Patterns from different presets.

CREATE EXPORT/IMPORT YOUR OWN PACKS
You now have the option to create your own personalized packs, all with your own Artwork, Name, Description and tagging, which you can export and share with another device or with another user.

FEATURES
• AUv3, IAA & Standalone
• Generate or Remix Infinite Variation of Patterns
• 8 X Individual Sequencers
• Randomization based on Steps, Density, Pitch, Flam, Volume, Pan and more.
• Advanced Sonic Analysis Algorithms
• Pads section with multiple features
• Mixer tab
• Sample editor tab
• Advanced Sample, Preset and Folders Manager
• Tagging system
• Create and share your own Playbeat packs, with your Author name, Artwork and Description
• Multiple loading options
• Signature Disintegration mode
• Signature Infinity Mode
• Export MIDI and Audio
• Linear Group
• Shift and Shuffle
• Advanced MIDI Settings to 'Feed' any Plugin or Hardware
• MIDI Controllable with MIDI Learn mode
• Quick Load Preset Section
• Quantization settings
• Quick-Copy to Channel
• Customizable Sequence Range
• Assign Presets to Quick-Load Section
• No Two Grooves will Ever be the Same
• The only Plugin available of its Kind

Playbeat comes as standalone, IAA and AUv3 Plugin so you can use it in your favorite hosts with multiple instances of it at once.

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 14
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Looks like this is a new app. No update right?

• There's a video here:

• Grizzled as it may be, would appreciate a snapshot of what this does that its previously purchased incarnations do not etc.

• Never used Playbeat enough to bother paying for an update...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Grizzled as it may be, would appreciate a snapshot of what this does that its previously purchased incarnations do not etc.

And what happened to PlayBeat 2?

Without PlayBeat 2 I can't have a full set.

• @Simon said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Grizzled as it may be, would appreciate a snapshot of what this does that its previously purchased incarnations do not etc.

And what happened to PlayBeat 2?

Without PlayBeat 2 I can't have a full set.

I think they just removed Playbeat 2...
    ...If you already have it you can download it from purchased items, if not no way to get it anymore...

• I think it's one of those products where you mainly only see value if you lack inspiration when programming drum and percussion parts. And that's something which I've always felt most electronic musicians find least challenging. Most electronic producers feel percussion at a primal visceral level. Even if you stopped going to clubs before you were 30, there's nothing that schools you more regarding the powers of rhythm than 10 years on sweaty dance floors!

Melody and harmony are a different kettle of fish.

But if you revel in building tracks from randomised snippets, there's still value in a product like Playbeat. Whether there's anything in Playbeat 3 that merits paying for it again, that's another question entirely.

• edited November 2021

@Samu said:
    I think they just removed Playbeat 2...
    ...If you already have it you can download it from purchased items, if not no way to get it anymore...

Ah, ok. I have the app but the name shown is just "PlayBeat". That's why I thought it was PlayBeat 1.

But if I open the app and look at the "about the app" box it does say it is v2.

Like J.G. I'm not sure why I need to spend AU$15 for this when I already have version 2.

• The problem with this system is it doesn't make you want to puchase new versions because you don't know how long they will be in the appstore for.

• Can this be compared to creative sequencers found in Elektron machines?

• It’s AudioModern so i know it will be good. Looks like a great new version of PlayBeat.

Will definitely get this today. Thanks as always @White for the info.

• What a horrible video from Audiomodern! Fast as a rocket, narrated by a voice-over with a frog in his throat (excuse me). I have the 'original' Playbeat and enjoy using it from time to time, but what I see of Playbeat 3 doesn't inspire me at all to buy this new version!

• Well. As i suspected. This new upgraded version is stellar. I’m a big PlayBeat user and i can already see how much more i will love this version.

I’m so happy AudioModern develops on the iOS platform.

• I already purchased Playbeat, seems as if it was removed from the AppStore and I downloaded this expecting it to say that I’ve already purchased and if I’d like to download again? This bites sorta.

• Did someone figure out how to activate multi-out channels?

I‘ve used AUM with activated Multi-bus Audio Unit Instances, but those instances didn‘t transport audio. Audio was only transported on the „master“.

• Never mind this version is amazing. Money well spent. Sweet.

• @israelite said:
    Can this be compared to creative sequencers found in Elektron machines?

Yep. It has all those wonderful bells and whistles and even more parameters to tweak. Plus it’s about $290.00 usd cheaper than Elektron gear 😜

• @Audiomodern is midi timing fixed in this new release? The current Playbeat and Riffer still drift. Thanks!

• @Samu said:
    Never used Playbeat enough to bother paying for an update...

Same here, I liked it, just didn’t seem to reach for it that often. Not ruling out a purchase yet, but not an insta buy either.

• @gusgranite said:
    @Audiomodern is midi timing fixed in this new release? The current Playbeat and Riffer still drift. Thanks!

Your on top of that sample accurate timing @gusgranite i love it.

• @Audiomodern
    Seems like a new app🤬
    The old one does still work, but it looks like you will never get any update as it’s not in the App Store anymore!
    I bought the original app in a bundle and now I have to pay again to have an possible update in the future.
    By now I like the company but this move isn’t nice.

• @Audiomodern
    WILL THIS HAPPEN WITH ALL OF YOUR APPS??

• @Audiomodern
    Wasn’t it possible to make an IAP or an update bundle.
    Think about your marketing strategy 🖤

• edited November 2021

FWIW, there is enough of a difference between PlayBeat and PlayBeat 3 to merit a new Purchase of $9.99 on the iPad.

This new version is beyond a maintenance update and is a totally new app from it's features and enhancements.

If you're curious, you can always download the demo for the Mac and Windows to see if it will serve your workflow.

For me, it's an insta buy for how I like to program Drums and generative sequences...hint...it's not just for Drums if you like working the Elektron, Drambo step sequencer way ;) For 9.99 it's a total steal in my book for what they are giving us access to on the iPadOS platform.

• @echoopera said:
    FWIW, there is enough of a difference between PlayBeat and PlayBeat 3 to merit a new Purchase of $9.99 on the iPad.

This new version is beyond a maintenance update and is a totally new app from it's features and enhancements.

If you're curious, you can always download the demo for the Mac and Windows to see if it will serve your workflow.

For me, it's an insta buy for how I like to program Drums and generative sequences...hint...it's not just for Drums if you like working the Elektron, Drambo step sequencer way ;) For 9.99 it's a total steal in my book for what they are giving us access to on the iPadOS platform.

That’s a fair point, BUT why not hold the old version on the App Store??
    Normally I’m way ahead of being that critical, but I don’t understand this move😔

• edited November 2021

@DarkAum3o said:

@echoopera said:

Normally I’m way ahead of being that critical, but I don’t understand this move😔

Who knows why that happened...the App Store is a mystery to us non devs :) God Bless Them for making great things for our creative needs :)

• Be sure to grab the FREE Sound Pack from our own Mr Dean Daughters here:
    https://audiomodern.com/playbeat-packs/

This pack alone is worth $9.99 in my humble arse opinion :wink:

• @echoopera said:

@DarkAum3o said:

@echoopera said:

Who knows why that happened...the App Store is a mystery to us non devs :) God Bless Them for making great things for our creative needs :)

Yeahh…I bless every iOS developer, but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with all their strategies.
    This is the first time I’m a little bit pissed, because I don’t understand the the reason.

With a little explanation my “mood” wouldn’t be that bad.

• edited November 2021

Dunno what to say. My Grandmother always told me that 'my mood' was the only thing I could control in life :wink:

Too much fun:

• @echoopera said:
    Dunno what to say. My Grandmother always told me that 'my mood' was the only thing I could control in life :wink:

Too much fun:

You grandma was a wise woman 🖤🙏🏽