Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy HD - Midi

Hello!

I‘d like to loop midi sequences with my wind midi controller which is connected via apple camera adapter and midi cable with ipad.

Which settings are necessary in audiobus / Loopy HD to activate looping in loopy HD.

Thanks!

Regards
Michael

Comments

• @Michael135 said:
    Hello!

I‘d like to loop midi sequences with my wind midi controller which is connected via apple camera adapter and midi cable with ipad.

Which settings are necessary in audiobus / Loopy HD to activate looping in loopy HD.

Thanks!

Regards
    Michael

Loopy HD has MIDI learn for a large number of actions....pretty much every action and setting can be linked to MIDI. Just configure it by telling it what command you want to trigger with MIDI and send a MIDI event to it. Loopy has a good manual. Take a look and give it a try and come back with question about any particulars that hang you up. You can also find quite a few discussions and videos about Loopy and MIDI by doing a web search.

• edited November 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@Michael135 said:
    Hello!

Thanks!

Regards
    Michael

Loopy HD has MIDI learn for a large number of actions....pretty much every action and setting can be linked to MIDI. Just configure it by telling it what command you want to trigger with MIDI and send a MIDI event to it. Loopy has a good manual. Take a look and give it a try and come back with question about any particulars that hang you up. You can also find quite a few discussions and videos about Loopy and MIDI by doing a web search.

Just to be clear, Loopy is an audio looper that you can control via MIDI. You mention that you want to "loop midi sequences". Loopy doesn't record midi, jist audio.

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

@Michael135 - did I read correctly that you want to loop MIDI in Loopy? If so, sorry, Loopy HD doesn't have the ability to loop MIDI, only audio.

You can use midi to do things like trigger audio recording and audio loop playback, but not record or play back MIDI.

• Indeed. But you might want to take a look at LK from Imaginando:
    https://apps.apple.com/en/app/lk-for-ableton-live-midi/id944972221

It's not a MIDI looper per se but it has MIDI clips you can record each in a loop, you can launch them by MIDI control (it already supports a number of MIDI controllers) and it might be what you're looking for.

There's also Infinite Looper from Secret Base Design:
    https://apps.apple.com/en/app/infinite-looper/id1054808350
    which does that but I personally prefer LK for its workflow, UI, functionality and the fact that it can be run as an AUv3 plugin in any host.

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

GarageBand live loops mode is really good too, and it can loop both audio and MIDI. I can't say how well it will work with a breath controller though.

Atom2 piano roll and Helium are great as well.