Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad OS 15 - turning off multi finger gestures

Is there anyway to turn off multi finger gestures in iPadOS 15?

Some apps really suffer when you place a third and fourth finger on screen because iOS thinks you’re initiating a gesture. I used to know how to turn this off but I don’t see it anymore.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

It's buried under: Home Screen & Dock > Multitasking & Dock in iOS 14. I can't say if it has moved in 15.

Typing gesture into the search box at the top of the settings sidebar should find it for you pretty quickly.

• edited November 2021

Accessibility -> Guided Access

Keeps you in a single app, activated via triple-click of the top button.

When you activate it, click the options in the left hand corner to allow various functions, like volume buttons etc. If you want to leave GA, triple-click the top button again and be prepared to input your passcode.

• edited November 2021

I miss my button and turning off gestures A LOT more than I miss my headphone jack. My biggest frustration is apps that don’t reserve that space down by the dock properly. Especially apps where there’s a lot of buttons and stuff down there.

That being said, adding guided access to control center helps a lot if your spending a lot of time in an app.
    Not so helpful if you need to switch a lot.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    That being said, adding guided access to control center helps a lot if your spending a lot of time in an app.
    Not so helpful if you need to switch a lot.

I hate that white bar indicator that stays always visible in some apps. GA hides it (as well as the 3 little multitasking dots on top). If you know to spend some time in an app (like I do when reading something, like a comic ;)) it’s quite useful but I agree, not useful when you need to switch apps on the fly.

• edited November 2021

Yeah. Apparently there’s way for developers to hide it in their apps and require more effort to bring it up.
    Someone mentioned it in some other thread.

That shouldn’t be up to the developer. It should be an option in iOS itself applied globally. You should decide if it needs that double swipe/extra effort/whatever it is to make it more of a deliberate action.

Or maybe shorten that bar and be able to place it in a corner, or be able to replace the quick note swipe in the lower right corner with show dock.

Or disable it all together and replace it with a double tap (not double click) on the top Touch ID button to go home, or the tap back thing that is on phones. Just someway to customize the dock.

Back in my jail breaking days, there’s a mod to enable the double top the Touch ID, but it made the capacitive touch always active. So it made a dent in battery life. Small but it was worth the trade off.

• Maybe one of the devs/programmers here can shed some light if it’s possible to develop an app that would do that, even if it’s just for personal use and side loaded from Xcode.

• @gothamoddisee said:
    Is there anyway to turn off multi finger gestures in iPadOS 15?

Some apps really suffer when you place a third and fourth finger on screen because iOS thinks you’re initiating a gesture. I used to know how to turn this off but I don’t see it anymore.

It looks like it is no longer possible to turn them off. Since the setting vanished in iOS 15, I assumed they were gone, but apparently they're just permanently enabled. According to the Apple manual, the only one is the 4-finger left/right swipe to switch apps. I've tried it in a couple of apps, and it doesn't seem to work, so it may be possible for an app to override it.

• I was desperate looking for info on how to disable the multitrack gestures in iOS 15, the option disappeared from the configuration menu.

But the trick of @yokotate of activating the Guided Access worked like a charm. Even more, it will erase the multitask buttons from the upper side of the screen, for applications in which it was interfering with essential functions.

But be aware that there is a bug in this Guided Access, and the keyboard for introducing the code to exit the dedicated app mode will only appear if the iPad is displayed vertically.

So if you have previously locked the orientation, you can find a situation in which is impossible to exit this mode or even turn off or reboot the iPad.

So be sure to also configure the option to exit this mode by using Face ID, by clicking two times instead of three in the main button of your iPad.

• @Pynchon said:

But be aware that there is a bug in this Guided Access, and the keyboard for introducing the code to exit the dedicated app mode will only appear if the iPad is displayed vertically.

So if you have previously locked the orientation, you can find a situation in which is impossible to exit this mode or even turn off or reboot the iPad.

So be sure to also configure the option to exit this mode by using Face ID, by clicking two times instead of three in the main button of your iPad.

Strange, I never encountered this bug on my iPad Pro 3rd Generation, using GA from iOS 13.7 to the newest iOS version. I’m in landscape mode 90% of the time.

But the option to double-click and end GA with Face ID is very convenient and new to me. Great stuff!

• @yokotate said:

@Pynchon said:

Strange, I never encountered this bug on my iPad Pro 3rd Generation, using GA from iOS 13.7 to the newest iOS version. I’m in landscape mode 90% of the time.

But the option to double-click and end GA with Face ID is very convenient and new to me. Great stuff!

It only occurred to me the first time that I was trying this with Thumbjam.

Instead of displaying the numbered keyboard to enter my password, it tried to display in the same small square window the full keyboard, without a scrolling option. So it was impossible to enter the numbers!

Now, testing this again with Thumbjam, the keyboard has been displayed correctly in Landscape mode.

• @Pynchon said:

This was an issue for me for a while, but the update to 15.1 fixed that. (ipadmini6). No issue on my older devices tho.
    It didnt even work in vertical. I just couldn't type. Sometimes the numbers were a super zoomed in keyboard instead. Like just a giant shift key.

• While we are on the gestures topic just wanted to mention that some may find the accessibility->touch->assistive touch settings useful. I have mine set up for app switcher on short tap, and dock for long press. Double tap is Home Screen.

Makes flipping through apps a lot easier imo.

• I tried that route. Just seemed no matter what knob i had to turn on the screen, the accessibility button was always over it.