Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• EG Pulse transport & click MIDI mapping - coming with the next update

• Nice 😊

• EG Pulse update 1.28 is online! Here's what’s new…
    https://app.elliottgarage.com/Pulse

• Added Auto map: press just the first pad or key on your MIDI controller and all the 16 pads will be sequentially mapped
    • Added Transport & Metronome MIDI map: play, stop, record and metronome can be triggered via MIDI CC

• Uhh auto map… nice! Thanks 😊

• @Lorichs said:
    Uhh auto map… nice! Thanks 😊

I’ll post a video showing the new features in the next days 😉

• Great update love the auto mapping.

• This or DigiStix 2 me wondering?

• @NimboStratus said:
    This or DigiStix 2 me wondering?

I bet DigiStix 2 is a smaller app and costs less. Let’s see.

• This update looks very valuable. @ElliottGarage Looking forward to seeing the setup videos. Hope this works seamlessly with my iRig Pads controller.

• @ElliottGarage said:

@Lorichs said:
    Uhh auto map… nice! Thanks 😊

I’ll post a video showing the new features in the next days 😉

That would be great! Thank you!

• @ElliottGarage
    Thanks for the update
    Love this app

• Looking forward to the vid 😊

• @ElliottGarage
    Love this app (and sEGments), but just wanted to clarify something I noticed in Pulse recently. If I add the same sample (from Files app) to 2 different pads (i.e. a crash cymbal), then reverse 1 of them, when I next open the project in Cubasis 3, both samples are reversed... I'm guessing this is due to both samples sharing an identical file name? (duplicating and renaming one of the samples fixed this right away for example). Just wanted to check this was expected behaviour? I'll stick with renaming any duplicate reversed samples if so!

• The new auto midi mapping works flawlessly. Thanks, @ElliottGarage for this update.

• Is it possible to draw the automations?

• @espiegel123 said:

@sippy_cup said:
    Would most here consider this the ultimate AUv3 drum machine? I have been on the fence about it for months!

Patterns are limited to one measure. So, not the ultimate.

True, most drum patterns are 2 - 4 bars. Working with one measure at a time is non-musically intuitive.

• @Optahealth said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sippy_cup said:
    Would most here consider this the ultimate AUv3 drum machine? I have been on the fence about it for months!

True, most drum patterns are 2 - 4 bars. Working with one measure at a time is non-musically intuitive.

I've bought this app without knowing patterns were only 1 bar long... not very useful when you're using slices, kindof a dealbreaker to me. All the other stuff is amazing, sampling features, mapping, etc, works great with aum also..

• @Ulonix said:

@Optahealth said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sippy_cup said:

I've bought this app without knowing patterns were only 1 bar long... not very useful when you're using slices, kindof a dealbreaker to me. All the other stuff is amazing, sampling features, mapping, etc, works great with aum also..

In standalone, song mode will fix that for you. Use choke groups to play your chops. The app is actually really intuitive. And follows the classic X0X style.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@Ulonix said:

@Optahealth said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sippy_cup said:

In standalone, song mode will fix that for you. Use choke groups to play your chops. The app is actually really intuitive. And follows the classic X0X style.

Yes, I've been using choke and also I'm aware of song mode, but with long chops, I have to create a pattern for each part of the sample

• I don’t like being negative about apps but this is my biggest iOS app regret ever. Might be good as a sample container but it’s a horrible drum machine. One measure patterns with only 64 total steps? Can’t even program triplets? Ridiculous!

• Has anyone observed crashing when using Pulse as auv3 after the 1.29 update? The AU will not instantiate in Cubasis 3, BM3 or AUM. I have shared my observation with the developer.

• Hello. I have a question about pattern length, it’s limited to one bar of 64 1/64th steps (so basically one bar of 4/4) and there is no way of getting longer 5/4, 6/4 or 8/4 patterns, or I missed something?
    I saw length function and length per pad function but they only make pattern shorter than 4/4.

• @Agatha_aga said:
    Hello. I have a question about pattern length, it’s limited to one bar of 64 1/64th steps (so basically one bar of 4/4) and there is no way of getting longer 5/4, 6/4 or 8/4 patterns, or I missed something?
    I saw length function and length per pad function but they only make pattern shorter than 4/4.

Nope. EG pulse is one bar only.
    Longer patterns has been requested but I don’t know if it is in the pipeline.

• Hi , yes increasing the bars (probably up to 4) is on my pipeline.
    At the moment you can however chain patterns with the SONG mode, or use the 64 steps at half time to double the pattern lenght (one bar at 180 BPM = 2 bars at 90 BPM).

• @ElliottGarage
    Please bring on the four bar option
    I would use the app so much more
    It’s a great app, but this long time limit strangely stops me from using it as frequently as I should, and it’s a damn good app

• @ElliottGarage

What’s the official channel for supplying detailed feedback? As I understand things you’re planning some major changes to EG Pulse, so I wondered if you’d prefer the feedback here on the forum or via an official support channel (maybe a support email)?

I had previously decided against EG Pulse having gone through the manual but I just picked it up seeing as it’s on offer. Much as I’d previously discounted EG Pulse, it does come closest to what I’m looking for in an AUv3 drum programming app.

• @jonmoore I’m not always on the forum, expecially lately since I moved to my new house and I’m finishing my new studio…so please write me at [email protected]

Otherwise if you think your suggestion can interest this thread you can also write here 🙂

• edited October 2021

@ElliottGarage I’ll post here so others can comment.

Here’s what I’d like to see from a new EG Pulse:

• The new timestretch algorithm from segments
    • The same ‘warp’ option as segments per sample, so it optionally stretches as the host bpm changes
    • Better sample and kit editing - drag to rearrange pads, wav editor type functionality
    • Stuff Koala can’t and won’t do, like round robin
    • Samples saved in the auv3 instance so they’re saved alongside the host preset, like koala and loopy pro (memory limits seem to not be much of a problem any more, especially with newer devices)
    • Optional sync to iCloud for presets (optional as come people hate iCloud)

Hope that’s useful! 👍

• Watched a bunch of vids and read all kind of info before buying, Nd this app seems promising.... but this app actually is my least fav drum machine app...feels counterintuitive and doesn’t play well with others via midi routing

I keep keeping an eye on it tho...someday maybe it will be worth at least a couple of the bucks I spent on it lol

• I just got it today, and while the UI is a bit confusing, I'm finding my way around it. Is there a way to bulk import samples into a bank, though, or do I need to really do them all one at a time?