Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• @kinkujin said:

@Bootsy said:
    Getting there. Just added a new iPad Pro m1.

Fabulous setup. Love the desk, who makes it?

Acme is the brand. Found it on Amazon. They have another one that has a 3rd rack space
    In the middle. Prices have gone all over the place.

• @Krupa said:

New simpler desk layout, the synths are off shot to the left on a lower desk… made this to supper the old alesis keyboard which is still going strong nearly twenty years in!

@Krupa said:

New simpler desk layout, the synths are off shot to the left on a lower desk… made this to supper the old alesis keyboard which is still going strong nearly twenty years in!

You could buy a controller. If you like Mononoke. I would have been happy with a lyra. No stress working out tracks. Just practiced a few times but its kind of easy to tweak.

• The disk. Vinyl. Is a good position. If I bother to scratch. Will lock cool. Cant see fader though.

• Base form of the hidey hole, hardware patching and alternate gear ideas make a big mess instantly.
    Left to right-
    PA & rack whatever, the QSC is kind of a monitor.
    There's a Duet and iPad
    Mystery Cabinet
    SC500M
    xone23
    TR8S
    Homemade monitors w/T-Amps
    Yamaha MG8 mixer
    SP-16
    MicroMonsta2
    LPX
    DAW 'Puter
    Steinberg URC22C
    ESI M4U EX
    K240 MKII
    Closet full of skeletons.

It took a bajillion choices and installments to reach the table with stuff that I'm a fan of listening to and working with. Thinking back on it, it all started with Geist and Dexed so many years ago that I might be able to use them intentionally at this point.

• @steve99 said:

@Morgman73 said:

Nice job @Morgman73 - come on @Bootsy - what’s all that space doing on your desk? Ram it full of midi controllers quick :) Respects to your mug area though.

thanks, mug area by day and pint area by night

• @ashen_hand said:

Homemade monitors w/T-Amps

Those look nice!

• edited October 2021

@Bootsy I like your setup.

• @steve99 Thanks man. It’s coming along. I’m finally able to create the way I’ve been wanting to. Honestly my next purchase is gonna be a really proper mixer. It gets quite pricey in that realm so it’ll be a minute. I may go with the Bluebox for now? Also I’m not totally feeling everything being super compact, cluttered the way it is. Looking for something flat. If that makes sense?

• I’ve had almost no space in my apartment to get anything set up other than a few small things, but bought a house finally!! I move this weekend. I’ll finally get to set up a studio where I can just be free to make music and have everything already set up. I’ll get some pics after I get it setup.

• I love this! Did you coffee table a touch screen all-in-one?

• @ashen_hand said:
    I love this! Did you coffee table a touch screen all-in-one?

Yes. It is for when I’m too lazy even for moving from the couch and go on the desk 😂😂😂 (even if the keyboard there is really low quality). Jokes apart…it’s very useful also for controlling Studio One running on the desk with the touch screen and giving me some distance to better listen what I’ve done (since I really AM so lazy that I didn’t substitute the monitors I sold some month ago 😂)

• How it started:

How it’s going:

It’s been a crazy year! I discovered the forum and all the apps last year during lockdown and got sucked right in. Now I’ve added taken a major plunge and added the Digitakt, which I love. Drambo and Mirack are total gateway drugs. Keep your kids away from this stuff.
    I have learned a lot from this forum and more to come. Starting with cable organization!

• @dvi said:
    How it started:

How it’s going:

It’s been a crazy year! I discovered the forum and all the apps last year during lockdown and got sucked right in. Now I’ve added taken a major plunge and added the Digitakt, which I love. Drambo and Mirack are total gateway drugs. Keep your kids away from this stuff.
    I have learned a lot from this forum and more to come. Starting with cable organization!

That setup looks very immediate and fun!
    I noticed most of the hardware has built in sequencers. Are you using any IOS sequencing for the hardware too?

• @aleyas said:

That setup looks very immediate and fun!
    I noticed most of the hardware has built in sequencers. Are you using any IOS sequencing for the hardware too?

I’m just trying out things but a central motivation has been to use the iPad mostly as mixer + effects, having all the generators and sequencers as hardware/external. Before the digitakt I was mostly using Drambo as the sequencer when using the whole set up. This is also my work desk so the whole crew comes out only on the weekends. Weeknights are limited to one box or two.

• Sturdy stand. Can still use Loopy with screen further away.

but the deck near launchpad maybe more important.

Long usb cable. For sit down drumming.

• @chisel316 said:
    chisel316 productions 2021

Battlestation:

In action:

Green screen:

In action:

Girl looks so self-conscious but has great voice! No offence, but I think she’s better than you :smile:

• @jebni Thanks. She's my daughter, so I hope she's better than me! 😉

• @sigma79 said:

Sturdy stand. Can still use Loopy with screen further away.

but the deck near launchpad maybe more important.

Long usb cable. For sit down drumming.

So what would you even use the launchpad x for? Now the need for finding a cool stand has worn off. Think it would need to work well with loopy or find a decent function within setup and obviously for finger drums. Not many apps for fingerdrums. Theres drambo and gr-16 ( with sequencers if need be ) What about sound quality and midi input of Fred Corvest drum app? Or other drum apps.

• edited November 2021

Super solid. Ratling is from elsewhere. Seems like I just to be successful with a stand. Mission accomplished.

• @chisel316 said:
    @jebni Thanks. She's my daughter, so I hope she's better than me! 😉

Which by the way, you're stealing her youth. She's getting older, but you're only getting younger! Kudos to whatever lifestyle you're living, mate :lol:

I love so much when parents and kids get to jam together. My older nephew didn't get this chance (but he used to jam with me and my other brother), but the new generation of twins already like to be around when my brother plays guitar and my sister in law sings

• Scratching feels good. You can be stiff or flow like a wave.

Just thought of a setup. Hoping djplayer were good. Subscription. Hoping the idevice to line in ( without touching idevice and another ) dosent cause a ground issue.

So. It will be cue points from djplayer pro to line in. An auv3 apps on ipad mini. Maybe koala or drambo. To switch tracks. Route to maybe iphone. Where kb1 will be a delay on scratches and a delay on track. Still got launchpad for drums. Not really having to move everything about. Ipad mini would be better when big ipad is but not sure.

Think this should be my project for now rather than making tracks.

• edited December 2021

Not sure. Never used cue points. Not sure what arm is best.

Can cuepoints in djplayer be made bigger? Seems silly the cue points you get.

• Better still.

Bigger cue points. More pad style effects on iphone. Latch effects on launchpad. Just need a mute on iphone for track. Will find an app that is cool for launching tracks. What app might be cool for launching tracks in aum or iaa?

• Quite cool. Apart from beat juggling and deck sound quality. Who needs to buy an additional scratch setup plus a laptop.

• Scratching with effects. Good to have a selection of delays. Screw you Pioneer.

Not even using launchpad for any. Ipad screen is better for the un-latched flick on style effects. Which is also ideal. Mapped to the audio track to mute. Better than a real mixer channel fader to mute opposite track. Only problem is I chose a turnado also. Stutter makes my crab seem a but slow.

• edited January 2022

My new live setup
    This now has a special arm to prevent damage tcables from gravity, bloody dongles. lol

Also includes a microphone which can either be static or pull out.

• edited January 2022

My dongle protector… see below

• edited January 2022

Just moved into a new house last week, that means new studio room! I still need to order some new bass traps since this room is taller than my last one, but it's getting there!