Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alphago / Movie about AI

edited October 2021 in Other

This is a remarkable documentary about the development of software to beat the world’s best Go player and take AI to a new level. Wonderfully suspenseful, well made and thought provoking. Highly recommend it! The world champion is incredibly heroic and humble as he battles for humanity.

Comments

• Yes this is excellent viewing, and a fascinating insight.

• Just imagine. By 2045, a desktop computer will contain the processing power of all human brains combined at the same price of a computer of today. Artificial intelligence (the real thing, not the sci-fi version of it) will shake the up the world like no tech in human history.

• edited October 2021

According to Moore's Law, every given moment in time, Processing power and memory will double. I don't think that law will last in time. Physics will nock on that door, and say "here, and no further". "You reached the border of the Planck length". From here on, you can only double in size.
    The Planck length is the smallest possible. I wonder if you could add a function to it because:

• There is a point when you measure an object, you alter the properties by measuring it.
    • You need a substrate to place the object to measure on. On the Planck scale, the substrate and object are the same.
      There is a huge gap between the smallest particle and the Planck scale, so you can't reach it by using an instrument made by the smallest particles.
      Moore's law goes up to a certain degree, and then it hit's a brick wall to my opinion.
      I don't calculate quantum computing in the above.
  • edited October 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    This is a remarkable documentary about the development of software to beat the world’s best Go player and take AI to a new level. Wonderfully suspenseful, well made and thought provoking. Highly recommend it! The world champion is incredibly heroic and humble as he battles for humanity.

If you like this kind of topic, you will like the former AI podcast that is now the Lex Fridman podcast.

He had a discussion with Garry Kasparov about AI in games.

• @juliasmith said:
    Was looking for something to watch this evening.
    Will check this one out

You won’t be disappointed!

• I think this was done too for chess, and from what I gathered, it plays very human like and still beat the strongest program at the time, which I think was rybka.