Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording term question

Hey guys, I didn’t know where else to post this, and I was hoping someone with DAW recording experience might know the answer. This is what I’m trying to do: I tend to record compositions starting with improvising a track on keyboard. When I change keys/tempo, etc. I’ve been recording a separate track to cue myself later when I add more tracks/instruments (I will literally record myself saying “A-minor in 3, 2, 1…”). I want to see if there is a feature in DAW’s in which you can make a little mark/point/note on your recording as a visual cue to see where the changes happen. For what it’s worth, I solely use Multitrack DAW on my iPad and Cool Edit Pro (yes I’m very old school).
Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

I just create a dummy track and just place short empty midi patterns with descriptive names to mark off sections.

• Thanks for the idea, wim! Unfortunately my DAW’s I use can only do audio multitracking, not midi.
    Anyone else know the term for the feature/option I’m looking for?

• You can use silent audio snippets equally well to mark postions ;)

• edited October 2021

In Cool Edit Pro you can add 'Region Markers' which is probably what you want [ Right Click on track]. But you can also add 'Labels' or Bookmarks as well as 'achors' to a track. [Also Right Click on track].

https://coolrecordedit.com/Tutorials_Editing_Bookmarks_and_Regions_Operation.html

Multitrack DAW doesn't have these options. Audio exists as Bins and in tracks it's represented as 'Regions' but in this case it's not a separate marker or label it's the actual track data. so yeah maybe here a silent region would be the only way or to keep doing what you've been doing [!]

• Thank you, Bittergums! That was very helpful!

• And thank you all for your input, it gave me some ideas as well.