Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 Desktop Plugins/Samples Sales List

Comments

• @WTK said:

@SkillipEvolver said:
    Hey all, thought I'd drop in quick but just a quick q here..

What's the consensus regards hunting through samples/hinting through, to find the right one you want?

Is there a decent browser/preview app available?

On desktop sononym is pretty badass.

https://www.sononym.net/

That looks ace. I currently use Resonic on Windows but Sononym could be a good replacement/partner.

• I'm starting to get UVI Falcon videos appear in my Youtube recommendations :-/

• Only a couple of days to go on the UVI promotion. October 18th is the last day and they’ll be no never ending extentions of the promotion is the style of IKM. :)

• There was some talk about a midi auto chord vst a while back, on this thread. I' ve just had a go with the demo of Chordpotion and it is really very good indeed. It's about $50, £40, 45 Euros, 12 hen's teeth etc.

• @klownshed said:
    I'm starting to get UVI Falcon videos appear in my Youtube recommendations :-/

And therefore you have clamped the tinfoil hat on? I'm kind of annoyed about it when I have space in my head to be annoyed about it but otherwise I feel like it's the price of admission to the internet.

It's annoying that we get asked if we want to allow cookies, here in the UK but if you choose not to allow them then you must dive into the menu options before you're allowed into the site. It's obvious that most people will just pick yes without understanding exactly what that means. Saying No should be as easy as Yes.

• @ashh said:

@klownshed said:

And therefore you have clamped the tinfoil hat on?

I am now. You obviously have a feed into my laptop camera to know that I'm wearing my special hat.

• Do we have to sit on our tin hats too, ‘Apocalypse Now’ stylee! Will that give us superhuman cookie avoidane?

More seriously, even if you use Chrome as your main browser, using the DuckDuckGo extension in Chrome will throw away any untrusted cookies so as long as you keep on top of what you’re agreeing too when you agree to individual site policies, you should be golden.

• Hey I just said falcon was coming up in my recommendations. Nothing else :lol:

my thoughts when posting that was that even when you’ve decided to pass, you keep getting reminders scratching away at your FOMO!

But I’m an adult. I can keep things at bay with my hat quite nicely. It’s a very nice hat. People at the super market are obviously jealous of it too judging by the admiring glances I keep getting. I’d be happy to make one for them too if they’d only ask. I might even be able to earn enough making hats to buy Falcon…

• @ashh said:
    There was some talk about a midi auto chord vst a while back, on this thread. I' ve just had a go with the demo of Chordpotion and it is really very good indeed. It's about $50, £40, 45 Euros, 12 hen's teeth etc.

Their stuff is pretty interesting when it comes to algorithmic derived parts.

• @jonmoore said:

@ashh said:
    There was some talk about a midi auto chord vst a while back, on this thread. I' ve just had a go with the demo of Chordpotion and it is really very good indeed. It's about $50, £40, 45 Euros, 12 hen's teeth etc.

Their stuff is pretty interesting when it comes to algorithmic derived parts.

They've definitely put some serious work into this one. I'm just farting about with it in Ableton to try to convince myself I don't need it, which isn't helping at all.

• @klownshed said:

@ashh said:

@klownshed said:

I am now. You obviously have a feed into my laptop camera to know that I'm wearing my special hat.

Yeah, it's quite disturbing as it looks straight up your nose.

• @ashh said:

@klownshed said:

@ashh said:

@klownshed said:

Yeah, it's quite disturbing as it looks straight up your nose.

Thanks for the heads-up nose-up. I've adjusted it now. Better?

• edited October 2021

Izotope Ozone Elements 9 is free for a “limited time”:

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/ozone-elements.html

It says add to cart for $129 at the top of the page but if you scroll down you can download it for free for their 20th anniversary.

• @klownshed said:

It says add to cart for $129 at the top of the page but if you scroll down you can download it for free for their 20th anniversary.

I managed to get the entire Elements suite piece by piece, they go free on Plugin Boutique several times a year

• Rekkerd has a free Techno rave sample pack, usually like $12.36 or something for the pack. Here’s the link via BPB.

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2021/10/16/techno-rave-sample-pack-by-superjunk-is-free-rekkerd/

• edited October 2021

@ahallam said:

@klownshed said:

I managed to get the entire Elements suite piece by piece, they go free on Plugin Boutique several times a year

Cool. I bought one of the Plugin Boutique bundles a couple of years ago primarily to get Ozone elements 9.

I found Ozone most useful to get a guide 'master' that gave me something to aim for and recreate with individual plug-ins. Without something like Ozone 'showing me the way' I found it harder to know what to aim for, but using individual plug-ins I got a final result I was happier with. I must admit I've not really used any of the other apps I got in the bundle such as Nectar or Neutron.

• For anyone still sitting on the UVI Falcon sale fence, I just had to throw in my 3 or so days of personal experience. This is truly a monster and beyond sounding incredible, is actually super fun to program and explore patch creation. I am only scratching the surface in regards to the way everything works, however I actually really love the insane depth and way things are setup (deceptively logical and organic). I love Pigments and it's immediacy, however when I came back to it after playing with Falcon I kept wishing for so many of the features and depth of Falcon. As for price, this is cheap in my book - just look at the range of oscillators and how many synths it basically replaces and possibly betters. If this was 10 years or so ago and this was a hardware synth with this engine, you can imagine the kind of multiple on the RRP. No I don't work for UVI, just haven't been this excited about a software synth in a long while.

• Glad you like it @Cambler.

For anybody still considering picking up Falcon, tomorrow (the 18th) is the last day of the current promotion.

• It’s a wrap.

• @jonmoore said:
    Glad you like it @Cambler.

For anybody still considering picking up Falcon, tomorrow (the 18th) is the last day of the current promotion.

Oh no! I thought I made my mind, not to get into this, but today I‘m still anxious. How is UVIs Orchestral Suite, can it’s sound reach other orchestral libraries on the market?

• @Satie said:

@jonmoore said:

Oh no! I thought I made my mind, not to get into this, but today I‘m still anxious. How is UVIs Orchestral Suite, can it’s sound reach other orchestral libraries on the market?

I’ll have to defer to Jon here as I’ve not used it. Read some commentary online which wasn’t overly positive (about that particular soundware/library) but I also heard some examples of it on YouTube which sounded really nice. Unhelpful I know.

• @gusgranite said:
    It’s a wrap.

Any new plugins/hardware?

• @gusgranite said:
    It’s a wrap.

And now we wait. :) They still have two weeks to go and want to keep pushing sales, so there's a fair chance they will think up some further surprises, including new products etc. Or not. But worst case scenario, the exact same offer will now be on the table until the end of October.

• edited October 2021

Once more about the IK group buy… So, now I received my Uno Synth and registered it. I was thinking about it already befor the deal came up. I’ve read the great overview of @klownshed and I think I understood the path that the Uno Synth opened up for me. But now I‘m totally overwhelmed by the choices. I am iPad only at the moment but planning to buy a MacBook Air next year. I don‘t know anything about the desktop music world and I don‘t know the IK software products. So, I need some advice what to choose.

I am into electronic music and I do not record or play any instruments. On the desktop I have nothing besides Synthmaster - I couldn’t resist a deal. I even haven’t decided about the DAW but I guess it will be Logic or Ableton. ATM I would definitely prefer products that would support my iPad music making. I also don‘t have Mixbox on my iPad but I think the iPad version is not on sale, right? Is ARC worth to get to make the most out of my monitors but it won‘t help me on the iPad, right? So what would you recommend me? Honestly, I’m also not completely sure if I really will change to laptop… maybe just for mastering 🤔

One last thing… I think I can make my decisions on the IK’s promotion page and then download the products any time also after the deal expired. It’s important to make the choices before the deadline, right?

• UVI is good people
    You can feel confident buying from them

I’ll probably be buying Falcon on this sale too
    Then BF sales next month use the $100 voucher on some more soundwares!

I forgot about the Ik group buy for a minute, better log back,in and grab the last of my freebies!

The new Tascam Tape models look pretty damn cool too! Said I was done on tape emulations lol!

• @Satie said:

@jonmoore said:

Classic Orchestral isn't really UVI or Falcon's strength. Kontakt libraries still rule the roost in that department. Twisted modern takes on orchestral timbres are where it excels!. There are plenty of libraries that take the harmonics of orchestral timbres as starting points for otherworldly sounds.

In terms of its libraries, I'd compare it more to Spectrasonics offerings than Kontakt. It does everything Omnisphere can do and then betters it considerably. But Spectrasonics Keyscape edges out the UVI Keys Suite Bundle (it's a close second).

Outside of all the ace classic synth stuff that's bundled under the Vintage Vault 3, its World Suite 2 is great (probably best in class) and the Toy Suite really comes alive via Falcon's synthesis capabilities. A recent favourite of mine is hard to describe so just check about the audio demos for the Quadra library. BTW the best audio demos are hidden away at the foot of every library page. The is where you'll find 15-20+ demo pieces from the artists that programmed the presets.

The page below has all the UVI Soundware libraries and Falcon specific Expansions. It starts with the bundles at the top and then the individual libraries themselves. Below that are the third party libraries for UVI which includes the awesome Ravenscroft piano library (the ios version is minuscule by comparison).

https://www.uvi.net/en/soundware

https://www.uvi.net/licensing-third-parties

• @krassmann said:
    Once more about the IK group buy… So, now I received my Uno Synth and registered it. I was thinking about it already befor the deal came up. I’ve read the great overview of @klownshed and I think I understood the path that the Uno Synth opened up for me. But now I‘m totally overwhelmed by the choices. I am iPad only at the moment but planning to buy a MacBook Air next year. I don‘t know anything about the desktop music world and I don‘t know the IK software products. So, I need some advice what to choose.

I am into electronic music and I do not record or play any instruments. On the desktop I have nothing besides Synthmaster - I couldn’t resist a deal. I even haven’t decided about the DAW but I guess it will be Logic or Ableton. ATM I would definitely prefer products that would support my iPad music making. I also don‘t have Mixbox on my iPad but I think the iPad version is not on sale, right? Is ARC worth to get to make the most out of my monitors but it won‘t help me on the iPad, right? So what would you recommend me? Honestly, I’m also not completely sure if I really will change to laptop… maybe just for mastering 🤔

One last thing… I think I can make my decisions on the IK’s promotion page and then download the products any time also after the deal expired. It’s important to make the choices before the deadline, right?

I’m in a similar place, I instantly selected mixbox, sampletron, and miroslav ce. I’m thinking I definitely should get one of the t-racks as the one I have doesn’t have the new variable mu and other stuff, and amplitube, but I’m really not that certain I’ll get syntronik as I guess it’s just loads of samples of old synths and probably not my cup o tea… I’ve got some gear credits as well, so might as well spend them and get in at a lower tier for some spare fx and that, not sure whether the 80 or 100 more level is best though…

• I know everyone is sick of the IK deal (me too!) but I still can’t believe I got this haul for a total of $152! (I already own T-Racks FX, Tapes, and Syntronik from a previous group buy)

SampleTron 2
    MODO Bass
    MODO Drum
    Sampletank 4
    MixBox
    Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
    Comprexxor
    Amplitube 5
    Hammond B3
    Cinekinetik Fractured Piano
    Cinekinetik Malletension
    Cinekinetik Malletopia
    Cinekinetik Shipwreck Piano
    Alternate Keys
    Miroslav Philharmonic 2 CE
    Elektromagnetic Electric Piano Bass
    Elektromagnetic Electric Grand C70P
    Elektromagnetic Stage 73 Mark V
    Elektromagnetic Wurly Model 120
    Orchestral Percussion
    Cinematic Percussion
    Clavitube
    Billy Cobham Drums
    Hugh Padgham Drums
    Neil Peart Drums
    Terry Bozzio Drums
    American Acoustic
    London Grooves
    Fulltone Collection
    SVX 2
    Mic Room
    CSR Hall Reverb
    CSR Inverse Reverb
    CSR Plate Reverb
    CSR Room Reverb
    T-Rex Replica Delay
    Contour Wah
    Nu-Tron III
    Shape Shifter
    Alan Parsons Imperial Grand
    Brandenburg Piano
    Hitmaker: Trap
    Hitmaker: Reggaeton
    Hitmaker: EDM
    Seek Wah
    Seek Trem
    X-Time
    X-Space

Thank you @ikmultimedia for a killer campaign! 👏

• That’s quite a list! 75?

• Holy Hell there is a great bundle pack for FREE from WA Production, Regular price is $133.50.

We Love FL Studio Free Bundle 3 - has 1 plugin, 4 sample packs and 1 video course included for free. Grab it while you can…

https://www.waproduction.com/bundles/view/we-love-fl-studio-free-bundle-3#a_aid=5d9df79b93b76