Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Il Secondo - Un originale di Daveypoo

edited October 2021 in Creations

Being recently inspired by my current surroundings, I've been working on a new EP. A prior track and this had a similar groove/feel, so I've titled the first Il Primo (First Course) and this is the follow up, Il Secondo (Second Course). The first track can be found here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47137/il-primo-un-originale-di-daveypoo-originally-titled-the-griff-meets-the-smith#latest

Comments

• Haha, not a wild boar in sight! Italy is good for your music, Dave. One of your best tracks, IMO.And no gitbox.

• Bravo.

Nicely done.

• edited October 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    Haha, not a wild boar in sight! Italy is good for your music, Dave. One of your best tracks, IMO.And no gitbox.

I figured you'd dig the mellow sax. Geoshred coming through like a champ.

Thanks, @Gravitas - it's excellent to feel inspired again.

• Man, your rhythm section is kicking ass. What apps and hardware are involved here?

I'd expect the bulk of your hardware to potentially be in transit. How did you manage the move from
    SF to Italy given all your gear?

Are your kids in school? How quickly are they learning italian? Is it sink or swim?

• @McD said:
    Man, your rhythm section is kicking ass. What apps and hardware are involved here?

Drums are Digistix 2 & Skaka. Programmed the beat using the song mode, heavy use of probability to have it feel more "live", drum fills are the same. Kit is the widely available, multi-sampled "Drum Kit From Hell" easily found online for free. Neo-Soul Keys Studio 2 for the Clav, played live and lightly edited to take out the clams, bass is iSEM, also played live at lightly edited. Rhodes is VTines, live with minimal editing. Sax is the SWAM Tenor Sax in Geoshred. All played on my Arturia MiniLab 1 (except Geoshred, of course). I tried to keep this as "performed" as I could.

I'd expect the bulk of your hardware to potentially be in transit. How did you manage the move from
    SF to Italy given all your gear?

Gear is all on a pallet back in CA. When we settle, we'll ship it to ourselves.

Are your kids in school? How quickly are they learning italian? Is it sink or swim?

Not yet - haven't settled so don't know the district, etc. They are working on their Italian, which is of course much easier being surrounded by it. They're doing well but don't speak quite yet, their understanding is improving dramatically however.

Thanks for listening, @McD

• McDMcD
    edited October 2021

@Daveypoo said:
    Thanks for listening, @McD

This really is your best work to date on the forum using apps, IMHO. Maybe if I went through the uploads I'd find something better but I'm expecting not to. If you put all your work on an album or 2, I could save some time.

@LinearLineman has created 500 tracks and put them on some crazy number of
    albums... A quick look at Bandcamp might reveal the number. But calling his name in a comment insures he'll show up and set the record straight.

BANDCAMP shows 38 albums. "That dog must be tired."

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/si/fbuvny6m407h.png

• @McD He's like Beetlejuice - always cropping up when his name is uttered.

I didn't think you'd all dig this one so much, but I'm glad I finished it. It was a couple weeks in the making, trying to solidify the instrumentation without having it be overly cluttered. The sax was a lark that turned out pretty decent, but I definitely need to up my Geoshred game of I'm going to do more like this. And it was complicated to get it into Cubasis,but ultimately worth it.

I've got one more in my Rome series that I'm trying to finalize, and frankly this last one is my favorite of the bunch. Stay tuned

• I saw the Bat Signal. Where is the criminal activity?

• @LinearLineman said:
    I saw the Bat Signal. Where is the criminal activity?

@daveypoo is giving away free samples again to create a new generation of Funk Addicts.
    I'm trying to get him to sell certifiably safe products using the usual dispensaries like you do.
    He's an outlaw at heart and has escaped to a safe country where art is appreciated and artists
    get free lattes. Did you know about the free lattes?

• edited October 2021

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I saw the Bat Signal. Where is the criminal activity?

@daveypoo is giving away free samples again to create a new generation of Funk Addicts.
    I'm trying to get him to sell certifiably safe products using the usual dispensaries like you do.
    He's an outlaw at heart and has escaped to a safe country where art is appreciated and artists
    get free lattes. Did you know about the free lattes?

When I sell, nobody's buying. When it's free, I get a handful of listens. So, I'll trade the lack of money for a couple pairs of ears and the coffee.

And it's free espresso, man - best for the quick lift and makes for nimble fingers.

• @Daveypoo said:
    When I sell, nobody's buying. When it's free, I get a handful of listens.

I know... it's a tough time to be a musician. Your work here validates your years of effort
    for those that appreciate well crafted popular musical forms. There's a small audience but
    we appreciate the good shit.

• Great groove @Daveypoo!
    That's a constant thing in your music as well as good production😉.
    But I must add that I'm not totally convinced by this sax 😉,and by some of the notes choices.
    Anyway....
    Have a great day man!
    Italy is so beautiful!

• edited October 2021

@flo26 said:
    Great groove @Daveypoo!
    But I must add that I'm not totally convinced by this sax 😉,and by some of the notes choices.
    Anyway....
    Have a great day man!
    Italy is so beautiful!

I'm not convinced by my Geoshred playing! 😆. I've decided that if I worry too much about perfection, then I'll never get anything done, so I get the performance to a place where I can live with it and move forward. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for listening, @flo26 - and yes, Italy is incredibly beautiful!

• @Daveypoo said:

@flo26 said:
    Great groove @Daveypoo!
    Anyway....
    Have a great day man!
    Italy is so beautiful!

I'm not convinced by my Geoshred playing! 😆. I've decided that if I worry too much about perfection, then I'll never get anything done, so I get the performance to a place where I can live with it and move forward. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for listening, @flo26 - and yes, Italy is incredibly beautiful!

Totally agree with your decision to go with it at a certain point. . It didn’t stop me, and more importantly, the judgement guru, @McD, from thinking this is your best all iOS effort. If we’re talking personal opinions about instruments, I would not regret hearing another iOS Sax ever.

• edited October 2021

@LinearLineman I think it's contextual. None of the iOS "real" instruments (other than maybe the keyboard ones) sound truly genuine. So it's a matter of balance. Luckily with the sax and this particular groove I can lean into the cheese whiz, play long slow notes with lots of reverb and I think it sells it a bit more.

I'm sure I'll use the sax again, but I need to find the right context for both the tone and my limited ability.

• edited October 2021

@Daveypoo, I’m not looking for authenticity with horns, strings and woodwinds. Just sounds that are not cloying to my ears. Unfortunately, saxes became that for me… because, I guess, they are always used in representational forms. Out of context, who knows. Anyway, it doesn’t diminish your track.

What’s for the main course?

• @LinearLineman said:
    What’s for the main course?

Well, the last (?) track I have for this EP is REALLY cookin', so... 😉

It needs one last thing, still determining what it it, then I'll post it.

• edited October 2021

Bravo, Daveypucci!

<3

• edited October 2021

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Bravo, Daveypucci!

Grazie mille, Signora_App_titude!

🤌

• Diggin the funky groove! @Daveypoo

I love using Skaka. Have never used Digistix though I did purchase it (Digistix 2).