Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Abelton link

Is audiobus the only app. That can start stop aum on ios?

Cant get aum to load in audiobus and cant get link to work.

Stuck with an un-synced system.

Unless the audio 4c can make it work.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Any app that sends Link Start/Stop can start and stop AUM as long as Start/Stop is enabled in AUM. AUM doesn't even need to be loaded in it.

If you do want AUM to load in Audiobus, try starting AUM on its own before adding it into Audiobus. That fixes most IAA app startup problems.

Make sure AUM has Local Network permissions in iOS Settings > AUM.

• @wim said:
    Any app that sends Link Start/Stop can start and stop AUM as long as Start/Stop is enabled in AUM. AUM doesn't even need to be loaded in it.

If you do want AUM to load in Audiobus, try starting AUM on its own before adding it into Audiobus. That fixes most IAA app startup problems.

What about link across devices with an audio 4c?

Does the audio4c still need audiobus?

Aum just wont load in audiobus and cant figure out how to start/link across devices when it did work.

Thanks

• Ok. So aum dosent seem to have to show to be started. If you press play in audiobus but whats the process of link across devices ( got it to work before )

but dose not the audio4c make it easier. Or is it still the same process with audiobus?

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@sigma79 said:
    What about link across devices with an audio 4c?

Does the audio4c still need audiobus?

Aum just wont load in audiobus and cant figure out how to start/link across devices when it did work.

Thanks

Link uses wifi (or ethernet) to communicate between devices. The Audio4c has nothing to do with it.

Hardware devices must support Link to work with it. Most do not. They use midi clock. If you want to sync them and use start/stop then Audiobus is a great way to do it. Route clock/sync out of Audiobus to the hardware. Don't bother routing clock/sync to AUM, it doesn't use it. Link will take care of AUM whether it's loaded in Audiobus or not.

Did you try the suggestions I gave earlier concerning starting AUM before Audiobus if you want to load it in Audiobus? Did you verify that AUM has local network permissions? This is required even if you're using Link only on one device.

• What about buying midi upgrade for audiobus and mapping to a controller thats connected to both ipads via audio4c?

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@sigma79 said:
    What about buying midi upgrade for audiobus and mapping to a controller thats connected to both ipads via audio4c?

see my post right above yours. I was writing it at the same time you were.

• I'm not sure if you need the midi upgrade for Audiobus to send midi clock sync or not. Check Audiobus > Sync settings to see if clock options are there or not.

• I cant get any phone or ipad to start the other. Got it to work before

• Make sure wifi is enabled on all devices and that all are connected to the same network.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Also make sure all apps that you want to use Link have network permissions enabled in iOS settings.

Some apps haven't been updated to prompt for network permissions that are now required since iOS 14 (or 15?), but Audiobus and AUM should be fine.

• Got it to work. Most likely 5g. Didnt notice phones and ipad mini will connect to the 5g connection before the standard connection. Will decide to switch off at router?

• @wim said:
    Also make sure all apps that you want to use Link have network permissions enabled in iOS settings.

Some apps haven't been updated to prompt for network permissions that are now required since iOS 14 (or 15?), but Audiobus and AUM should be fine.

Even if audiobus starts aum?

• Will make a track on the whacky system. Hope ipad air screen isnt a lemon stutter.

wim. You are a cool.

Thanks

• @sigma79 said:
    Even if audiobus starts aum?

Yes.

• @sigma79 said:
    Will make a track on the whacky system. Hope ipad air screen isnt a lemon stutter.

wim. You are a cool.

Thanks

Good luck! It looks like you have a lot of fun toys to play with there! B)

• @wim said:

@sigma79 said:
    Will make a track on the whacky system. Hope ipad air screen isnt a lemon stutter.

wim. You are a cool.

Thanks

Good luck! It looks like you have a lot of fun toys to play with there! B)

Thanks. Hope setup sounds good. Mainly euclidean. Otherwise I wouldnt need all controllers.

• I bought the red cable also. After buying another cable too short. So it seems the machine is getting a blood transfusion. From the volca drum.