Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recently upgraded to the newest ipad pro and having issues with my dock

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the 21' ipad pro 1tb. I went ahead and got this Anker dock and so far it seems to be disconnecting randomly even though its fully seated. I've only messed with it for a part of yesterday but in AUM all my devices that are on a usb 3 hub disappear from the midi mapping and I have to unplug and replug to get them to show up again. Also, the charging indicator disappears when this happens.

Should I return it? Anyone else have similar issues? Should I go with a different option? I also have the official apple usb c -> a adapter that I haven't used yet because I thought that it might not get a good enough charge through my hub with this method.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Several of the one star reviews mention that they have poor connection problems on the 12.9" 2021 iPad Pro -- something about a lip on the hub that doesn't fit on the new thicker display.

Personally, I don't like the idea of the directly attached hubs. It feels to me like they have the potential to cause more torque on the port and USB-C does have some potential problems with pins crossing and delivering power to the wrong lines. There's another thread on here talking about this where I linked to some technical docs from TI describing the issues.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    Several of the one star reviews mention that they have poor connection problems on the 12.9" 2021 iPad Pro -- something about a lip on the hub that doesn't fit on the new thicker display.

Personally, I don't like the idea of the directly attached hubs. It feels to me like they have the potential to cause more torque on the port and USB-C does have some potential problems with pins crossing and delivering power to the wrong lines. There's another thread on here talking about this where I linked to some technical docs from TI describing the issues.

Thanks for the heads up. Just read the thread.
    So should I be alright just going usb c > usb a > powered hub? Would it be enough juice to keep it charged while I use?

• @honkimon said:

@NeonSilicon said:
    Several of the one star reviews mention that they have poor connection problems on the 12.9" 2021 iPad Pro -- something about a lip on the hub that doesn't fit on the new thicker display.

So should I be alright just going usb c > usb a > powered hub? Would it be enough juice to keep it charged while I use?

A powered USB hub will not supply any power to the iPad. It will just power the USB devices connected to it. You can power/charge the iPad using the USB-C Power Delivery (PD) port on the Apple adapter, assuming it's this Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, which seems to be the USB-C equivalent to the Lightning USB-3 and HDMI adapters.

• @uncledave said:

@honkimon said:

@NeonSilicon said:

A powered USB hub will not supply any power to the iPad. It will just power the USB devices connected to it. You can power/charge the iPad using the USB-C Power Delivery (PD) port on the Apple adapter, assuming it's this Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, which seems to be the USB-C equivalent to the Lightning USB-3 and HDMI adapters.

Yeah, this is what I do. How much power everything uses depends a bit on what you are doing on the applications side and how much power your interface draws.

On the 2021 iPad Pro my Behringer 204 interface can run completely powered by the iPad. The battery on the iPad will last long enough doing this to let me play around for a good amount of time. If I plug the iPad charger into the AV adapter dongle, the iPad will run everything and recharge with no issue.

When I want to use a powered hub I power the hub externally and then run a USB A-to-C cable out of one of the higher power outputs on my hub into the power input on the AV multiport dongle thing. It looks a bit weird because the dongle has cables to the powered hub as both host and client side, but the client side cable is only doing power delivery so nothing is confused. This seems to help cut down on power/ground loop type noise issues for me when using a powered hub.

• @uncledave said:

@honkimon said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Well I got this because I'm cheap and dumb. Hopefully it works out.

• @honkimon said:

@uncledave said:

@honkimon said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Well I got this because I'm cheap and dumb. Hopefully it works out.

Looks like a clone, so it ought to work.