Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Analyze master out

edited October 2021 in App Tips and Tricks

I am mainly working or mastering with Cubasis 3. When mastering I would like to display a frequency analyzer of the master out while I am adjusting the mixer levels or EQs. Of course I can load an analyzer into the master effects slot but then I cannot display the analyzer and the Cubasis mixer at the same time.

Do you know any solution? I also have an iPhone that could run the analyzer but how to send the master out to it? Sonobus? Sounds doable but hacky. How you are doing that? I think @jakoB_haQ is usually running an oscilloscope on another iPad in his videos but how to do that?

Comments

• I guess we'd need multi-window support in Cubasis 3 for viewing plug-is or instruments from separate tracks...

• That's one of the significant differences between a desktop OS and iOS.
    Indeed, next to using two USB audio interfaces or an iConnectivity interface that can route audio between two iDevices, Sonobus and an analyzer running on the iPhone would be my best bet.

• Totally not practical but ... You can put Cubasis in an input slot of Audiobus with the analyzer in the FX slot. You can then use Audiobus in popover view on top of Cubasis. Of course, the analyzer is squished into a totally useless size ...

If you have a Mac and an analyzer that runs on it maybe send the audio over there via iDAM.

• Just a thought without checking. Is Youlean IAA?

• edited October 2021

@wim thank you, these are good ideas. The Mac solution is not bad when I'm at home, the AB solution makes at least switching the views easier when working iPad only. AB also allows the overlay window, although the analyzer is quite small then.