Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ownhammer flash 40% off sale, ends 17th October

Anyone looking on a deal for some IRs etc, Use code 11YEARS on their website

Comments

• So tempting !
    Can someone tell me where to start ?
    Definitely like the sound I can get from Vox and Fender IR in general.
    I usually like clean and slightly overdriven types of sounds (never push the gain real hard) and usually like rich bass and medium types of sounds.
    I realised recently that I like the sound I could get from Bogner, Mesa IR, not a big fan of Marshall IR in general...
    I don't know if someone here got the old huge selection of seacowcabs IR which used to be free to download on their old website (there were really a lot). I got those and I fell in love with their Zilla cab as well... Does someone know how they compare to ownhammer's ?
    Do I have to break the bank and go for specific cabs I like Or would it be better to go for a bundle ? I am a bit afraid to end up with too many IR (browsing huge folder of IR is really a vibe killer...)

...Or...
    should I stick to the seacowcabs I already have and ignore this sale ?

• @JanKun said:
    So tempting !
    Can someone tell me where to start ?
    Definitely like the sound I can get from Vox and Fender IR in general.
    I usually like clean and slightly overdriven types of sounds (never push the gain real hard) and usually like rich bass and medium types of sounds.
    I realised recently that I like the sound I could get from Bogner, Mesa IR, not a big fan of Marshall IR in general...
    I don't know if someone here got the old huge selection of seacowcabs IR which used to be free to download on their old website (there were really a lot). I got those and I fell in love with their Zilla cab as well... Does someone know how they compare to ownhammer's ?
    Do I have to break the bank and go for specific cabs I like Or would it be better to go for a bundle ? I am a bit afraid to end up with too many IR (browsing huge folder of IR is really a vibe killer...)

...Or...
    should I stick to the seacowcabs I already have and ignore this sale ?

Achète leur pack (R)evolution.
    Tu y as tout ce que tu recherches.
    Vox,fender,Marshall,orange,Boogie etc.
    Les IR sont de très grande qualité et très variés.

• Translation to English:

“ Buy their (R) evolution pack.
    You have everything you are looking for.
    Vox, fender, Marshall, orange, Boogie etc.
    The IRs are of very high quality and very varied.”

• @SNystrom said:
    Translation to English:

🙏

• Second the Revolution pack. I’m not a true gear nut, so this is all I will ever need unless I stumble upon a piece of gear I really like. For the non-obsessive, this is the perfect IR package that covers all the main bases.

Also, seek out the “sweet spot” files for each cab/speaker (they are labeled as such). An even more streamlined shortcut to getting the best all-around usability without diving deep and auditioning for minutes or hours.

• @flo26 said:

@SNystrom said:
    Translation to English:

🙏

Merci !

• @oat_phipps said:
    Second the Revolution pack. I’m not a true gear nut, so this is all I will ever need unless I stumble upon a piece of gear I really like. For the non-obsessive, this is the perfect IR package that covers all the main bases.

Also, seek out the “sweet spot” files for each cab/speaker (they are labeled as such). An even more streamlined shortcut to getting the best all-around usability without diving deep and auditioning for minutes or hours.

Will definitely go for this one ! Thank you n

• @JanKun said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Second the Revolution pack. I’m not a true gear nut, so this is all I will ever need unless I stumble upon a piece of gear I really like. For the non-obsessive, this is the perfect IR package that covers all the main bases.

Also, see the wiki. There are good tips for picking the IRs to use…as Revolution provides hundreds of files that are hard to make sense, but there is really a small set of core IRs that are probably all one will ever need.

• @espiegel123 said:

@JanKun said:

@oat_phipps said:

Also, see the wiki. There are good tips for picking the IRs to use…as Revolution provides hundreds of files that are hard to make sense, but there is really a small set of core IRs that are probably all one will ever need.

I didn't check the wiki for a while. A very nice collection of tips over there! Thank you, much appreciated !

• I really hate the way the Ownhammer files are packaged and named, it makes it difficult to organise the files. The naming convention is absurd. I mean WTF is OH_412-MRBW_M75-GNR meant to mean to a regular human?

• @richardyot said:
    I really hate the way the Ownhammer files are packaged and named, it makes it difficult to organise the files. The naming convention is absurd. I mean WTF is OH_412-MRBW_M75-GNR meant to mean to a regular human?

There's docs folder download. It doesn't fully explain the file naming convention, but there's enough to go on there to figure what each of the abbreviations mean. It's a really good idea to rename the files you end up using in a way that makes sense to you ... and to pick a really small subset of favorites to import into any IR loader to avoid file-diving forever.

The files have to be compatible with a wide range of operating systems and software, some of which may not be able to deal with really long file names, spaces, etc.

If you fully wrote out some of the variations, the file name would be really long, and since most software doesn't display long names well, you would end up with only being able to see a useless beginning stem that's identical for all files. Try translating some of those file names using the pdf doc as a guide and see how long the file name would end up. ;)

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't hate it - just providing some context.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

:D :D
    OK, so now I'm the one who hates it!

I bought the revolution bundle and patiently downloaded the 21 24 files individually. That was a pain in the butt, but then I went to the downloads folder on my Mac and found each unhelpfully named Ownhammer IRs-X with NO INDICATION of which download they relate to. Now I get to drill down into 20 (yes, I seem to have missed some :s ) files and rename each, while also looking for the ones I missed!

Argh. I get it about the IR file naming convention, and don't really see how they could do it differently, but that download process sucks! They could definitely improve that part.

• GNR is the exact Guns n’ Roses/Slash Marshall cab from Chinese Democracy I believe

• edited October 2021

Agreed on the file downloads from their site, but you shouldn’t have needed to download each one at every different sample rate, just what version you needed (ie 24, 48 for iOS most likely). Their server downloads are reeeeeally slow, though, unfortunately.

• I still say you cant go wrong just going to the overview folder of each cab, plucking the “sweet spot” file out, and just rolling with those. They’re really not lying with that “sweet spot” label.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I still say you cant go wrong just going to the overview folder of each cab, plucking the “sweet spot” file out, and just rolling with those. They’re really not lying with that “sweet spot” label.

Exactly. You could end up with a dozen cabs and be set. They’re really good.

• @wim said:
    :D :D
    OK, so now I'm the one who hates it!

I bought the revolution bundle and patiently downloaded the 21 24 files individually. That was a pain in the butt, but then I went to the downloads folder on my Mac and found each unhelpfully named Ownhammer IRs-X with NO INDICATION of which download they relate to. Now I get to drill down into 20 (yes, I seem to have missed some :s ) files and rename each, while also looking for the ones I missed!

Argh. I get it about the IR file naming convention, and don't really see how they could do it differently, but that download process sucks! They could definitely improve that part.

I’ve been through the struggle! I implemented some organizational tools to make it better for myself. I made this video specifically for dealing with OwnHammers and iOS.

Most of the video is obvious and redundant, but it may be helpful to some.

Basically, you should unzip only one folder at a time, then instantly copy the IR name of the zip file and rename the extracted file. So instead of OwnHammer IR-x, it’s the exact name as shown on the zip folder.

Then I go to the manual and copy the entire cabinet and speaker description. This is usually 2-3 sentences, but when I paste it into Thafknar it will show the entire name. So I don’t have to navigate these stupid codes and abbreviations. Reading the manual helps understand what each little code is (DK, SS, etc..), but in my Thafknar each IR folder is named something like..

“Summary 48kHz: Mesa Boogie Rectifier Traditional 4x12 closed back cabinet 12 inch 8 ohm 55-Hz cone Celestion T4335 Vintage 30 speakers made in March of 1993”. Thafknar shows all of that, I copy and paste that from the manual, and I love having that long form name right in front of me.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I still say you cant go wrong just going to the overview folder of each cab, plucking the “sweet spot” file out, and just rolling with those. They’re really not lying with that “sweet spot” label.

It can be confusing, some OwnHammers are sweet spot, but others that are coded “SS” actually mean “Soft Shelf”. Some of my fave IRs say L SS which is both “lean” and “soft shelf”. But yes the OH sweet spot IRs are amazing..

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@oat_phipps said:

It can be confusing, some OwnHammers are sweet spot, but others that are coded “SS” actually mean “Soft Shelf”. Some of my fave IRs say L SS which is both “lean” and “soft shelf”. But yes the OH sweet spot IRs are amazing..

And other “SS” files mean Solid State (the power amp used)..

• @royor said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@oat_phipps said:

And other “SS” files mean Solid State (the power amp used)..

I didn’t find that trouble in the Revolution pack. Each of the 6 cabs had an overview or “best of” folder, and each one had a file clearly labeled “sweet spot” or something very close to sweet spot, it’s been a while cause I’ve just been rollin with those all this time.

• @richardyot said:
    I really hate the way the Ownhammer files are packaged and named, it makes it difficult to organise the files. The naming convention is absurd. I mean WTF is OH_412-MRBW_M75-GNR meant to mean to a regular human?

I mentioned this to another user and he guided me a tutorial , lol

Way too many files , no time to go through them all , not to mention crazy naming ..though I use a few

• edited October 2021

@wim said:

Well the example I posted was:

OH_412-MRBW_M75-GNR

which is (according to the product description) a 1971 Marshall basketweave 4x12 cabinet. Why not name it something like:

MAR_1971_BASKET_4x12

At least then it's instantly obvious what the file relates to. For some reason it seems Ownhammer are allergic to using vowels.

And if that cabinet relates to Guns and Roses, I couldn't find any mention of that in the product description or the manual, so it seems that the GNR in the filename is just a cryptic thing you have to try and guess.🤟

But yeah, when you buy an OwnHammer bundle you get confronted with dozens of files with cryptic filenames that you then have to sort through and catalog. It's ridiculous.

• Also, just a personal opinion, but I found that the files in the "Summary" folder were quite dark. I like dark, but these were maybe a little too warm even for me. The files in the "Mics" folder had a wider range of tones, and if you want something dark the ribbon mics deliver that (the ones named 121 and 160).

But despite the gripes the IRs are really good. Using them with Nembrini apps (cabs bypassed) and wearing a pair of open-backed headphones and this is the closest I've ever felt to being in the room with an actual amp with an amp sim.

• @richardyot said:
    But yeah, when you buy an OwnHammer bundle you get confronted with dozens of files with cryptic filenames that you then have to sort through and catalog. It's ridiculous.

8,262 dozen (99,145) files in the rEvolution bundle to be exact. 😂