Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis for Android

Anyone try Cubasis for Android I know there arent any Audio Units but whats the difference from IOS. Can I import saved projects from My IOS version to my android Version? Thats what I really want to know

Comments

• I don’t know if it helps, but there’s a Cubasis LE3 trial version available for free (for a limited time) in the Android marketplace.

• I’m surprised that it exists on Android. I scanned some of the reviews and they are almost all (suspiciously…) either 1 star or 5 stars. Lots of mention of crashes and latency issues, and seemingly some of the iOS features are not included (developer response to one says that they cannot be implemented due to “technical issues”).

• Hrmmm...Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

• @echoopera said:
    Hrmmm...Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Yes apparently. And these Dreams are erotic. That's why I stick with Apple products. Good for the whole family. Expensive but wholesome.

• @Shazamm said:
    Anyone try Cubasis for Android I know there arent any Audio Units but whats the difference from IOS. Can I import saved projects from My IOS version to my android Version? Thats what I really want to know

I guess Lars will chip in the answer that one. I'm interested too: got an Android phone and not getting an iPhone. Would be good if you can swap projects between the two. You can do this easily on Caustic but I know this a much simpler thing to do as they're identical between iOS and Android.

By the way for any Apple geeks feeling all superior... Don't be! Android's much mocked latency issues were solved ages ago (literally years) and if you compare similarly priced phones or tablets performance is just fine. Even on my mid-range 3 year old Nokia phone latency is practically unnoticeable. £$€80 supermarket phones full of bloat-ware will be shit.

Whether software will ever catch up (especially with piracy) is another matter, but there's still a surprising amount of good music apps on Google Play.

• According to Google, the issue with audio latency on Android has not been solved. It's better, but not solved. This link is from March 2021.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2021/03/an-update-on-androids-audio-latency.html

• I bought the full version of Cubasis 3 on Android becuase my buisness partner has my ipad on a buisness trip. Im only using it for mixing songs from my stems. I wont really be making music with it. I will probably do a video on it but in my experience its been great on my Android tab 7+. Its like an Android iPad pro without all the good apps and audio units lol

• edited October 2021

Cubasis 3 is pretty sweet on Android, actually. It helps to run it on a top device, (I’m using what was once and maybe still is a forbidden Huawei). When i do a side by side with my iPad copy i dont find the missing features mentioned above. (Except the lack of AUv3 or IAA apps…).

(As an aside, Of the DAW apps on Android (cross platform ones), I prefer FLSM, as i do on iPad, but Cubasis is swell! There are a few Android-only music apps that are quite amazing too, notably G-Stomper Producer and Bandpass)

Edit: also, sending Cubasis projects back and forth between platforms is very straightforward

• I just found a major issue with Cubasis on Android, I cant transfer it to SD card. It gets about 90 percent there then says not enough room on SD card. Mind you Cubasis is only about 5gb on internal and this is a brand new 128gb v30 SD card. Formatted by the Samsung S7 FE tablet and does it every time. This alone will make my experience terrible with Cubasis on android because I cant import all my steams like on iPad. This sucks because I wasted money on the app and the IAP's im out about 50 bucks lol. No good youtube videos on the subject so I might try and do one. I dont want people going through what I went through

• edited October 2021

@Shazamm said:
    I just found a major issue with Cubasis on Android, I cant transfer it to SD card. It gets about 90 percent there then says not enough room on SD card. Mind you Cubasis is only about 5gb on internal and this is a brand new 128gb v30 SD card. Formatted by the Samsung S7 FE tablet and does it every time. This alone will make my experience terrible with Cubasis on android because I cant import all my steams like on iPad. This sucks because I wasted money on the app and the IAP's im out about 50 bucks lol. No good youtube videos on the subject so I might try and do one. I dont want people going through what I went through

Thanks for the information, Im curious how this plays out on the device I’m using. Are we talking about moving Cubasis the app onto SD, or moving Cubasis tracks onto SD? Or are we talking about bringing stems into Cubasis from SD? (I wasn’t completely clear what I should try on my setup)

Maybe @LFS can comment on these things?

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Making a YT video before at least trying to contact Steinberg about it would be pretty inconsiderate IMO. I hope that’s been done.

• @Shazamm How is the SD card formatted? I’ve had Android tablets in the past and run into a 4GB limit in file size if the card is formatted as FAT32 (which is likely). You could be blaming Steinberg when the way Android formats SD cards is the issue.