Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

new album from an old member: supanorton

Hi, everyone. I’ve been lurking but haven’t posted in a long time because I found my way to Logic Pro. Right now, it’s working for me. I was hesitant to post this, but one song (She’s My Girl) was recorded using AudioBus, Auria, AmpliTube, Bias, and Drum Session. I used Auria and MultiTrack DAW to do all the recording. I remixed in Logic and redid the backing vocals. This forum along with iOS music apps was my introduction to home recording and allowed me to return to songwriting again. I still use AudioShare to move mixes around for listening and sharing! The rest of the songs were written and recorded during the pandemic. Links to streaming, YouTube, and BandCamp below. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

https://artienorton.hearnow.com/

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited October 2021

One clock led to another I ended up in Apple Music (since I pay for the whole enchilada).
    Are all the tracks self-produced? Do you play all the parts or have other musicians in various
    roles? The guitar playing in particular is stellar and the vocals are great.

The overall production is good... how long did it take to pull this 2nd album together?

I really miss liner notes. These kids don't know the thrill of checking out who was involved in an album and how some names would show up over and over... Nerd trivial pursuit.

• I just got to "Watch You When You Die" and the vocal has a spot on Trent Reznor vibe. Nice touch
    of synthetic madness.

• @McD said:
    One clock led to another I ended up in Apple Music (since I pay for the whole enchilada).
    Are all the tracks self-produced? Do you play all the parts or have other musicians in various
    roles? The guitar playing in particular is stellar and the vocals are great.

The overall production is good... how long did it take to pull this 2nd album together?

I really miss liner notes. These kids don't know the thrill of checking out who was involved in an album and how some names would show up over and over... Nerd trivial pursuit.

Thanks for listening and commenting. Yes, I’m playing and singing all the parts except for the drums, which are edited midi grooves inside of IK Multimedia’s MODO DRUM.

I’m wearing all the hats and was looking for a raw, sloppy sound (in the best way possible). I recorded She’s My Girl a couple of year ago and the rest of the songs were written and recorded, mixed, mastered, between March 2020 and July 2021. Yes, liner notes were such a huge part of listening to albums and CDs. Totally different experience these days.

Thanks for the guitar and vocals compliment. My bass playing is simple and pocket based, and my keyboard “playing” is what it is right now 😆😆😆. I think it kinda works for the songs. I did have A LOT of fun doing this project.

MUST GET BETTER AT MIXING!!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment, and thanks for the Trent comparison! New territory for me!

Any links to stuff you’ve done?

• The clips I heard sounded very professional and well produced. I know comparisons are never accurate or fair, but some songs felt Rolling Stones inspired, some reminded me a bit of John Cougar Mellancamp.

• @NeuM said:
    The clips I heard sounded very professional and well produced. I know comparisons are never accurate or fair, but some songs felt Rolling Stones inspired, some reminded me a bit of John Cougar Mellancamp.

Thank you for your ears and comments. Much appreciated. This one is fair because I love The Stones, so they are in everything I do.

• Wow, great work! I will listen more tomorrow, but loving what I hear so far.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Wow, great work! I will listen more tomorrow, but loving what I hear so far.

I haven’t forgotten your ears and bass playing! Maybe have a few drinks before you take a deeper dive! Glad to see you still here.

• Missed this one. Very good album! Congrats!