Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys and Cubasis 3

Problems with Neo-Soul Keys and Cubasis 3. NSK won’t render unless Real-Time mixdown is applied in Cubasis 3. After a non-render, NSK is crashed. Worked perfectly in Cubasis 2 without Real-Time render. This is a track initially created in Cubasis 2 and exported. Air3 ios 15.0.1. Also random screen non-responsiveness. Any others?

Comments

• Nobody? Nothing?

• 15.0.2 is supposed to fix some of the non-responsviness issues om some devices so might be worth to update and test again...
    I don't have the app so I can't test but I've had no freeze issues with 50+ different apps with Cubasis 3 on my ancient iPad Air 2.

• Maybe you'll get more response on the Steinberg forums.

• @Samu said:
    15.0.2 is supposed to fix some of the non-responsviness issues om some devices so might be worth to update and test again...
    I don't have the app so I can't test but I've had no freeze issues with 50+ different apps with Cubasis 3 on my ancient iPad Air 2.

15.0.2 didn't correct the NSK non-render, haven't had it long enough to notice freezing results, but nothing so far. Thanks, Samu.

@jonmoore said:
    Maybe you'll get more response on the Steinberg forums.

It's there. Very little response on those forums, hence here. Thanks, however...

• As @Samu says Cubasis 3 works well with most apps these days (I rarely encounter a problem).

I suspect there might be an issue with the way that Neo-Soul-Keys streams samples from disc seeing as it's such a large library by general iOS standards. It's worth reporting the issue to the Steinberg support team. I'm sure it's something they can follow up on if it's a repeatable bug/issue.

• edited October 2021

@jonmoore said:
    As @Samu says Cubasis 3 works well with most apps these days (I rarely encounter a problem).

I suspect there might be an issue with the way that Neo-Soul-Keys streams samples from disc seeing as it's such a large library by general iOS standards. It's worth reporting the issue to the Steinberg support team. I'm sure it's something they can follow up on if it's a repeatable bug/issue.

I'm not streaming from an external disc, just using the iPad Air 3, unless that's what you're also referring to. I've posted this on their forum. The other problems, as I've noted here and in a message to Lars, are the MIDI problems with FAC Envolver and Bram Bos' Perforator. Bram Bos said he's in talks with Steinberg and "helping them". iOS (iPadOS) 14.8 had none of these problems. Three apps that I use regularly, including NSK. I shouldn't have updated. Whack-a-mole etc.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

It might be worthwhile to cross-post on the https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47067/weird-or-disturbing-errors-discovered-in-ios-15-post-here thread if it seems like it really is an iOS 15 issue.

Sorry, I can't test 14.8 since I don't have Cubasis 3.

• edited October 2021

Is it NSK AUV3 or old IAA version? IAA Apps don’t work super well with CB3 in my experience, I tend to avoid them.

• edited October 2021

Auv3. Repeatable and always. Rock solid in Cubase 2, iPadOS14.8.

@GospelMusicians

• edited October 2021

Have you reported issue to NSK dev? Steinberg will ask you to do it, they tend to manage third party apps issues like this, even if sometimes only CB3 has some issues as AUV3 host. Most things works well here, but I know some hiccups can be frustrating (in my case mostly with BeatHawk). If your workaround is efficient, you will have to live with it.

• @Janosax said:
    Have you reported issue to NSK dev? Steinberg will ask you to do it, they tend to manage third party apps issues like this, even if sometimes only CB3 has some issues as AUV3 host. Most things works well here, but I know some hiccups can be frustrating (in my case mostly with BeatHawk). If your workaround is efficient, you will have to live with it.

Done, thanks. Not efficient workaround, and too unstable for prime time.

• Gospel Musicians has responded, and it seems they're not supporting NSKS1 any longer, which is the app in question. I haven't updated to NSKS2 yet, but that seems to be the answer.

• Updated to NSKS2, and still have mixdown problems on an Air3, 15.0.2, no matter the rendering settings. Stay on 14.8 if you can, is my recommendation, if you have multiple important Cubasis 2 projects.

• Any issues with other apps from NSK dev? It’s one of the few (if not only?) app that does streaming differently if I recall correctly.

• NSK has now told me that NSK2 isn't supported on the Air 3. I know I've read in specs somewhere that the Air 3 WAS supported. So that explains that.