Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AltiSpace 2 by iMusicAlbum (Igor Vasiliev) Released - win 1 of 5 FREE copies of ANY Igor app!!!

Here is a silent 8-minute long demo of selected presets with some knob tweaking. AltiSpace 2 is excellent! It’s an instant premiere so you can pop in right now and joins the live chat.

The release button has literally just been pressed on this, so it may take a while before it shows up in all the app stores.

Details on the giveaway (3 codes for ANY Igor Vasiliev app for YT, 1 for Insta, 1 for Twitter) are in the pinned Youtube comment 🎉. Please remember that in the App Store, Igor’s apps are found under the developer name iMusicAlbum.

App Store link: https://apps.apple.com/app/altispace-2/id1580223509

App description:

AltiSpace is a convolution reverb app with advanced controls that
provides realistic sounding natural acoustic space or vintage reverb
devices for any track or mix.

A convolution reverb takes a captured sample (called an impulse
response) from a real-world space or real hardware and uses this to
digitally simulate the reverberation of that space or device down to
the last detail and nuance. Because it is sampled, not synthesized,
convolution reverb is known for its stunning realism, and it is widely
considered to be the best type of reverb. However, unlike the more
common algorithmic reverbs, convolution reverbs usually does not have
much control over the reverberation process.

But AltiSpace, in addition to the ability to load your own impulse
response files and a built-in library of the most interesting vintage
reverb device presets, has advanced settings such as EQ, gate,
ducking, modulation and more. You can change the original impulse
response parameters to something completely new and then save it as a
new preset.

This app has an easy-to-use user interface, where all the main
controls are located on the single screen, and it is ready to use
right out of the box, even without additional settings. And at the
same time, you can easily change the parameters of the impulse
responses from the built-in library to create your own sound.

Any audio sample can be used as an impulse response, making AltiSpace
also a great tool for creative sound design. Try to import a
percussion hit sample and use it for a dry synth stab. You will
immediately hear the difference.

App features:

Ability to import your own impulse response files.
Built-in library of presets from the most interesting hardware reverbs.
Convenient preset manager with the ability to group presets.
Presets can be marked as favorites for display in the favorites group.
Reverb can work with a stereo or mono input and convert it to stereo.
Add dynamic noise before reverb for a more natural sound.
The gate allows you to turn on the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
The ducking allows you to turn off the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
Sets the minimum reverb level for Gate and Ducking modes.
Equalizer with high and low cut filters in chain before or after reverb.
Changing the time (length) of the current impulse response.
Sets the pre-delay time of the signal before reverb.
Experimental feature to change the pitch of the impulse response.
Amplifying early or late reflections.
Adjusts the stereo image before the reverb.
Haas effect for adding stereo space to a mono signal.
Sets the depth and freq of modulation the signal before reverb.
Mixing dry / wet signal and adjusting the output level.
Input and output level meters.
Indicators of possible input clipping for standalone.
Prevents any output clipping for standalone.
Built-in full description of all controls.

Comments

• That's good to see an AU version. Just a bit of a shame it's lost the visual EQ of the original though.

• well is it first auv3 app except GM Impulsation that allows import our own IRs?
    Is it intro price @Gavinski ?

• Can anyone comment on how the CPU use of Altispace is with cab IRs. I am curious whether the existence of the advanced features impacts situations where on wants to keep CPU-use minimal.

Also curious if there is a limit to the length of IRs as there was with version 1.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    well is it first auv3 app except GM Impulsation that allows import our own IRs?

Thafknar was the first, I think

• @MAtrixplan said:

No. THAFKNAR, Impulsation and the one from JAX (though I wouldn’t recommend it) are AUv3 and can all import IRs.

• edited October 2021

I saw “Igor Vasiliev”,

…and I saw “convolution reverb”

So I “insta-purchased” …. Sound unheard….

Going by Igor’s history of amazing apps, such as BeatCutter, and most recently “SoundSAW” which I purchased off the cuff like I just did here, I will not be disappointed!!

• This is regular price folks

And yes @Edward_Alexander well worth getting!! And continuing in the same easy-to-use interface vein as Soundsaw, whilst not losing any of the experimentalism we love about Igor’s apps

• edited October 2021

Thank you @Igor Vasiliev for giving us this update of one of the finest reverb apps ever. The price is well worth it to have AUv3 and Universal.

• edited October 2021

Definitely an improvement over the typical UI’s from this developer, which obscure function instead of streamline it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

No. THAFKNAR, Impulsation and the one from JAX (though I wouldn’t recommend it) are AUv3 and can all import IRs.

I haven’t looked into it, but can the Toneboosters “TB Reverb” import IRs? I don’t think it can.

• It's beautiful

• Silent, eh?

• @NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

I haven’t looked into it, but can the Toneboosters “TB Reverb” import IRs? I don’t think it can.

TB Reverb is not a convolution reverb. So, no, it can't import IRs.

• @NeuM said:
    Definitely an improvement over the typical UI’s from this developer, which obscure function instead of streamline it.

Soundsaw has the easy-to-learn simple UI, hopefully this is a new direction from Igor towards simpler interfaces

• @Gavinski said:

@NeuM said:

Soundsaw has the easy-to-learn simple UI, hopefully this is a new direction from Igor towards simpler interfaces

Altispace 1 was also straightforward.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

@NeuM said:

Altispace 1 was also straightforward.

True

• just picked it up. sounds fantastic. preset browsing leaves a lot to be desired - especially if you plan to import hundreds of IR's as I do.

• I personally greatly dislike the preset browsing system in Igor's apps which is why I use tje inbuilt AUM preset menu as I did in this video.

• One thing I really liked about altispace1 was the possibility to reverse. Is it also possible with this one ?

• @Gavinski said:
    I personally greatly dislike the preset browsing system in Igor's apps which is why I use tje inbuilt AUM preset menu as I did in this video.

So I’m not the only one.

• @JanKun said:
    One thing I really liked about altispace1 was the possibility to reverse. Is it also possible with this one ?

It is Jan, yes!

• @Gavinski said:

@JanKun said:
    One thing I really liked about altispace1 was the possibility to reverse. Is it also possible with this one ?

It is Jan, yes!

If so, it is a no brainer !

• can you still import wav files to use them as impulse responses. i loved that feature in altispace 1

• @eross said:
    can you still import wav files to use them as impulse responses. i loved that feature in altispace 1

never mind d i just saw it i. the description

• what does the pitch control do? i do t remember that from the old altispace

• @eross said:
    what does the pitch control do? i do t remember that from the old altispace

From the online manual:

"Pitch" - This is a very unusual and experimental parameter. With this parameter you can shift the pitch of the impulse
    response. By increasing the pitch, you get a brighter and more resonant reverb, but the reverb time will decrease.
    Decreasing the pitch will lengthen the reverb time and produce a deeper and darker reverb.

• @celtic_elk said:

@eross said:

From the online manual:

"Pitch" - This is a very unusual and experimental parameter. With this parameter you can shift the pitch of the impulse
    response. By increasing the pitch, you get a brighter and more resonant reverb, but the reverb time will decrease.
    Decreasing the pitch will lengthen the reverb time and produce a deeper and darker reverb.

Now, that's interesting...

• @lasselu said:

@celtic_elk said:

@eross said:

From the online manual:

Now, that's interesting...

I think what Igor is doing here is basically the equivalent of re-pitching a sample by speeding up/slowing down playback, except he's doing it with the impulse response, which is just an audio file anyway. Will be interested to hear from y'all how well that works.

• Wow, nice write up and info on classic reverb devices from history, with pictures! Nice!

What I like about this UI design is the ability to see all of the controls on one screen, and easily map anything to anything. I love controlling SoundSAW’s feedbacker, overdriver, or saturators with my blueboard’s expression pedal (M-audio)

• One more amazing feature I just discovered (as I post from my iPhone, being stuck at work all day), is that it’s universal! I have it on my iPad and my iphone!