Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats midi fx support

Hi, perhaps someone can help with this as its driving me mad and perhaps its something I don't understand with the way Zenbeats works.

Is it possible to use more than one of the same midi fx in a project. If I add for instance rosseta scaler to an instrument track as a midi fx all is fine. However, add another track and then add the rosseta midifx it seems that the first track is broken (almost as if the midi of track one is then routed to track 2)

It seems the same behaviour with all midi fx. For instance I can only use Helium on one track at a time. I need to delete it from the first track before I can add it to another track and get it to work.

In Cubasis, I can add as many scalers as I like to any track and it works as expected.

Is this normal for Zenbeats or have I missed something?

Comments

• @plopseaw said:
    Hi, perhaps someone can help with this as its driving me mad and perhaps its something I don't understand with the way Zenbeats works.

Is it possible to use more than one of the same midi fx in a project. If I add for instance rosseta scaler to an instrument track as a midi fx all is fine. However, add another track and then add the rosseta midifx it seems that the first track is broken (almost as if the midi of track one is then routed to track 2)

It seems the same behaviour with all midi fx. For instance I can only use Helium on one track at a time. I need to delete it from the first track before I can add it to another track and get it to work.

In Cubasis, I can add as many scalers as I like to any track and it works as expected.

This isn't happening to me. I tested with multiple Rozeta X0X and it was fine.

How are you adding the AU? You shouldn't be loading it as a plugin like you would, say Ruismaker FM. You should be adding a plugin, then long-pressing the plugin name in the mixer.

• @wim said:

@plopseaw said:

This isn't happening to me. I tested with multiple Rozeta X0X and it was fine.

How are you adding the AU? You shouldn't be loading it as a plugin like you would, say Ruismaker FM. You should be adding a plugin, then long-pressing the plugin name in the mixer.

There’s too much “long pressing” going on in ZB imo. This is a good example of how the UI is confusing and long pressing doesn’t make it any better as there’s no indication that there’s extra stuff available. Midi FX should belong to the track, not the instrument, just like Audio effects. Audio effects have a dedicated button while midi fx don’t.

• Agree fully. tap and hold should be used for rare settings or emergency features.
    Not for common functions that are used 90% of the time. These Roland developers do not understand ergonomics and flow.

Importing audio files only works one by one. Even when they are all present in the local Zenbeats folders. Its unbelievable.

On a side note. I am wondering if the current Zenbeats version already supports recording midi automation from auv3's that send midi from the plugin interface?
    Have been asking this for a year.

@tahiche said:

There’s too much “long pressing” going on in ZB imo. This is a good example of how the UI is confusing and long pressing doesn’t make it any better as there’s no indication that there’s extra stuff available. Midi FX should belong to the track, not the instrument, just like Audio effects. Audio effects have a dedicated button while midi fx don’t.

• Thanks for checking much appreciated.

I'am adding them as above using the long press then add midi fx as above.

I also checked with Rozeta X0X and still get the same result. I made one track, added and instrument then added X0X as midi effect. Everything plays as expected. Add another track, instrument and X0X. The first track stops playing but the second track starts playing the pattern from the first X0X instance. Very strange.

Perhaps I'll try to install again.

• edited October 2021

@plopseaw said:
    Thanks for checking much appreciated.

I'am adding them as above using the long press then add midi fx as above.

I also checked with Rozeta X0X and still get the same result. I made one track, added and instrument then added X0X as midi effect. Everything plays as expected. Add another track, instrument and X0X. The first track stops playing but the second track starts playing the pattern from the first X0X instance. Very strange.

Perhaps I'll try to install again.

Did You try tap on a midi settings of the track (mixer view) and unmark pre midi fx? It should be not marked. then it will record midi fx into piano roll

[edit] and remember to set correct number of bars to record.

• Thanks for the help. I checked that and all pre-midi fx are off but still no luck. Adding a third track has the same effect that only the last one plays what appears to be a combination of the others. I'll keep looking!

• @plopseaw said:
    Thanks for the help. I checked that and all pre-midi fx are off but still no luck. Adding a third track has the same effect that only the last one plays what appears to be a combination of the others. I'll keep looking!

Same problem with scaler 2. Having just one track with midi fx works great, but adding more combines all into the last track.

• edited October 2022

Anyone know if there is a way to use midi effects on the ZR1? The press & hold doesnt bring up the option to insert one. Is there a routing trick?

………

Update:
    In case anyone else was interested… I emailed them and they replied that at present it’s not possible.