Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song placed in Netflix's Maid - Humble Brag

Ive gotten a fair amount of decent sync placements through the years, but this one is pretty special to me, as its a darker, more ambient piece than i usually get placed. More heartfelt and true to my self. Just sharing because it really brought me a lot of joy to get this one placed.

Comments

• also, sorry for the shit quality video / sound 😁 its an iphone recording . go watch the show to hear it in all its glory.

• Congratulations!!

• Who's the vocalist?

• Good stuff! Hope it brings you more similar work!

• Awesome, congratulations!

• @shinyisshiny : congrats, that’s a great track.

• Wonderful. Congrats 🎉

• Great! Very eilish-ish

• Congrats man 👍

• Congratulations. I would definitely be pumped

• This is 🔥 The visuals match the music perfectly! Great stuff and major congrats 🍾🎊🎈🎉

Was all this done on iOS?

Now We need a video showing how you created it and a story of how it all came together

• ^ Agreed. Please tell us about how you promoted your work and how it was made, you know, when you can.

• Very atmospheric, doesn’t need the visuals to make it a great track.

• Wow that’s dope. Congratulations. Really cool.

• Nice work! 🤙

• Congrats. That’s cool. Also love to know what apps you used to make your track. And - how does one go about getting a song placed in a show?

• thanks all! I made this one a few years back before I was even using iOS. its mostly just a few different kontakt pianos. some omnisphere pads, and a few other twinkly sounds. I even used a recording of my GF's cat and tweaked it out using some delays etc. Ive gotten some other smaller placements recently using iOS, mainly some hip hop using koala, but this one was all desktop.

the vocalist is Mags Duval, an awesome songwriter and amazing singer. I processed her voice using Waves plugins and Soundtoys little plate for the verb. ( would love soundtoys to port to iOS, but i think i remember reading somewhere they have no intention to)

I got this song placed through my publisher. I signed with them with the intent of delivering sync music, so basically i just cook stuff up that has certain lyrical content, arrangements, etc, across all genres, and they shop it to the music supervisors.

There are many different sync licensing companies out there if you are interested in doing sync. The major trend nowadays is syncing artist, as opposed to just catalog music, so it really helps if you have an established brand. Does not mean you must have 100K followers and getting millions of streams, just that you are an active brand who has some releases, and an active social media presence.

Its definitely a numbers game, and takes some patience. I submitted 5 or 6 songs with Mags over the past three years and this is the first placement i've landed with her, hopefully more will follow now.

• There's a ton of competition. This is quite an accomplishment.

• @shinyisshiny - that is so cool. I feel like back when this guy name Deadmau5 that used to hang out on the FL Studio forum made it big. Only you're not going to turn into an asshole now, right? 😂

I'm curious are you going to get commissions, or was it a one-time sell?

• @wim :D lol, deadmau5 is just an asshole by nature. he was prob an asshole in the FL forum to begin with.

You get paid a sync fee, which is split into two sides, master + pub. so lets say the fee is 10k all in. thats 5k for master, 5k for pub which is then split up amongst the cowriters and your pub company. You also get streaming royalties on your PRO (BMI, ASCAP). I thiiink, but am not certain that the longer the song has actual screen time, the more royalties you get. So hoping this one will generate a decent check in the future as its by far the longest screen time ive gotten for a sync.

Another plus side, is a placement can lead to a fair amount of shazam's and then streams on spotify, youtube etc. Its not a ton, but it can add up.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@shinyisshiny said:
    @wim :D lol, deadmau5 is just an asshole by nature. he was prob an asshole in the FL forum to begin with.

Nah, he was actually a nice, and helpful, guy back then.

You get paid a sync fee, which is split into two sides, master + pub. so lets say the fee is 10k all in. thats 5k for master, 5k for pub which is then split up amongst the cowriters and your pub company. You also get streaming royalties on your PRO (BMI, ASCAP). I thiiink, but am not certain that the longer the song has actual screen time, the more royalties you get. So hoping this one will generate a decent check in the future as its by far the longest screen time ive gotten for a sync.

Another plus side, is a placement can lead to a fair amount of shazam's and then streams on spotify, youtube etc. Its not a ton, but it can add up.

Thanks for that info!

Too bad the streaming services make you actually take action to watch all the way through the credits. I like to sit through them to read the musical credits at the end, but rarely end up doing that because I forget to hit the button to watch credits before it flips me off into some trailer I didn't want to see in the first place.

Of course I don't know if sync music is listed in credits, but if it is, it seems like that would help with added pickup.

• @wim said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    @wim :D lol, deadmau5 is just an asshole by nature. he was prob an asshole in the FL forum to begin with.

Thanks for that info!

Too bad the streaming services make you actually take action to watch all the way through the credits. I like to sit through them to read the musical credits at the end, but rarely end up doing that because I forget to hit the button to watch credits before it flips me off into some trailer I didn't want to see in the first place.

Of course I don't know if sync music is listed in credits, but if it is, it seems like that would help with added pickup.

I have found music by pausing Amazon Prime and it lists it in the sidebar…

Congrats Shinyisshiny! That is awesome! :)

• Great stuff. I just finished watching that series yesterday!

• That was an amazing piece. I’m trying to imagine how high off the ground I’d be floating if anything I made wound up on Netflix. Seriously, Congratulations!

• Congratulation! Did I miss the name of the show and episode number?

• @shinyisshiny Whoa, that's sick. Awesome.

@wim said:

@shinyisshiny said:

Thanks for that info!

Whoa, wasn't expecting to see Deadmau5 being mentioned here. Actually got front row to see him live yesterday.

Also added a fail backflip 😂

@wim said:

@shinyisshiny said:

Thanks for that info!

Whoa, wasn't expecting to see Deadmau5 being mentioned here. Actually got front row to see him live yesterday.

@wim said:

@shinyisshiny said:

Thanks for that info!

• Well done!