Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For Caustic Fans - Caustic and iOS 15

So far everything is working fine including using Readdle Documents to access Caustic file folders through the Caustic FTP.

Comments

• Good to know. Thanks! :+1:

• Right on 👍

• Cool beans! Apparently something in a recent android update broke the file system browser in Caustic. I’ve been plugging used iPhones and iPads on their forum. Poor kids are beating themselves around thinking there will be an update to Caustic.

• We need Caustic 2, or Caustic AuV3.

• @jolico said:
    We need Caustic 2, or Caustic AuV3.

Actually it would be Caustic 4 :wink:
    It's currently version 3.
    But unfortunately, last I know, Rej, the dev suffered from serious burnout and wouldn't work with it anymore.
    Not sure if he's up to something new

• AFAIK the last thing he released on Android was Caustic mastering a couple of years ago. (I could be wrong, am going from memory.)

• FPCFPC
    edited September 2021

@rollin said:
    AFAIK the last thing he released on Android was Caustic mastering a couple of years ago. (I could be wrong, am going from memory.)

Yeah but it was probably a lot longer than a couple of years ago plus it sat, basically ready, for a good year before he bothered to release it. Rej seriously fell out of love with developing music software.
    A real shame as Caustic is brilliant. I know that he did 'moan' about the pressure to make everything connectable in iOS land...

• Thanks for reporting @anickt

Selfish derail: any chance you could verify Nanoloop if that’s an app you have / use?

• @anickt said:
    So far everything is working fine including using Readdle Documents to access Caustic file folders through the Caustic FTP.

Great news, thanks for verifying.

• @Proppa said:
    Thanks for reporting @anickt

Selfish derail: any chance you could verify Nanoloop if that’s an app you have / use?

Sorry - don’t use it

• No problems with nanoloop so far.

• The YouTube tutorials Rej did for Caustic 3 really are something else. Hope Caustic carries on working for many more iOS versions.

• How about iOS 16. I remember a thread a while back on Caustic problem in ios 16 but I can’t find it.

Is it stable now in ios 16 ?

• @ecou said:
    How about iOS 16. I remember a thread a while back on Caustic problem in ios 16 but I can’t find it.

I just played through all modules and they work on the latest 16.4.1(a)

• @tja said:

@ecou said:
    How about iOS 16. I remember a thread a while back on Caustic problem in ios 16 but I can’t find it.

I just played through all modules and they work on the latest 16.4.1(a)

Thank you B)

• The FTP server is broken on 15 and above as far as I know.

• @wim said:
    The FTP server is broken on 15 and above as far as I know.

I am on 15 and it works. Maybe it's on 16. 😖

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

@wim said:

It does not work on 16.4.1(a), but I was not sure of that is because of my macOS security configurations :-D
    So I also tested on 15.7.2 - and this also does not seem to work. The connection times out.

Finally, I was not sure if my Mac is the problem here ...
    So I also tried with an ftp client on an iPad:

It works from 16.4.1(a) (ftp client) to 15.7.2 (caustic server) and vice versa!
    All OK!

macOS is the problem here, somehow.

I used "FE File Explorer Pro" to test.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@tja said:

@wim said:

It does not work on 16.4.1(a), but I was not sure of that is because of my macOS security configurations :-D
    So I also tested on 15.7.2 - and this also does not seem to work. The connection times out.

All OK!

It doesn't work for me on 15.7.2 The FTP server never starts. But it does work on my ancient iPad 2 iOS 9.
    🤷🏼‍♂️ I'm not going to bother to figure out why.

• @wim said:

@tja said:

@wim said:

All OK!

It doesn't work for me on 15.7.2 The FTP server never starts. But it does work on my ancient iPad 2 iOS 9.

What do you mean by "never starts"?
    Does Caustic issue an error?

I also thought that it does not work while testing from my Mac ...
    Did you try from a second iDevice?

• @tja said:

@wim said:

@tja said:

@wim said:

All OK!

I mean the FTP server never shows an IP address in the screen where you start it. No error.
    I did a lot of troubleshooting some time ago. It's not worth it to me to spend more time on. Good to know it's just my devices and it works for others. When I tried to get confirmation from others in another thread no-one responded.

• @wim said:

@tja said:

@wim said:

@tja said:

@wim said:

All OK!

I mean the FTP server never shows an IP address in the screen where you start it. No error.
    I did a lot of troubleshooting some time ago. It's not worth it to me to spend more time on. Good to know it's just my devices and it works for others. When I tried to get confirmation from others in another thread no-one responded.

Ah, Ok.

That's different to my situation.

• I am on 15.7. The way I use the FTP is by using Documents ftp on my iPad to connect also on my iPad too Caustic. Maybe it works internally but not external ?

• @ecou said:
    I am on 15.7. The way I use the FTP is by using Documents ftp on my iPad to connect also on my iPad too Caustic. Maybe it works internally but not external ?

Nope. Not for me. But seems just to be me though, so that's good.

• @wim said:

@ecou said:
    I am on 15.7. The way I use the FTP is by using Documents ftp on my iPad to connect also on my iPad too Caustic. Maybe it works internally but not external ?

You tried uninstall, hard reboot, reinstall?
    I suppose, yes.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@tja said:

@wim said:

@ecou said:

I suppose, yes.

Yes. Even resetting network settings, etc.
    Far more trouble than it was worth, but I was curious.
    Maybe I'll revisit it in another five years when I next get the urge to dust off Caustic.
    Can we move on now? 😂

• @wim said:

@tja said:

@wim said:

@ecou said:

I suppose, yes.

Maybe I'll revisit it in another five years when I next get the urge to dust off Caustic.
    Can we move on now? 😂

It’s the software that inspires me the most. I hate to see it go. I don’t know if you heard the song I released recently all sequenced in Caustic?

• @ecou said:

@wim said:

@tja said:

@wim said:

@ecou said:

I suppose, yes.

Can we move on now? 😂

It’s the software that inspires me the most. I hate to see it go. I don’t know if you heard the song I released recently all sequenced in Caustic?

Link?

• @tja said:

@ecou said:

@wim said:

@tja said:

@wim said:

@ecou said:

I suppose, yes.

Can we move on now? 😂

Link?

Here it is https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55455/cydonia-nuclear-attack-dark-synthwave#latest