Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare

Cannot open AudioShare from GarageBand ios

Comments

• @Greenie said:
    Cannot open AudioShare from GarageBand ios

What are you trying to do? How are you trying to open it? AudioShare isn’t a plug-in.

You might consider editing the thread title to give more of a clue about its topic.

• Audioshare can open IAA FX inside the app, in the recorder section, but does not have any direct connectivity like Auv3 or IAA to open inside of other apps. Only apps that support import from Files can access audioshare for audio/sample import, but not open the app. If that makes sense.

• Cannot export finished songs to AudioShare from the GarageBand, AudioShare icon appears in GB page I click AudioShare,the screen dims and won’t transfer

• @Greenie said:
    Cannot export finished songs to AudioShare from the GarageBand, AudioShare icon appears in GB page I click AudioShare,the screen dims and won’t transfer

You can do it with a few extra taps. When you get to the share stage, choose the Open In.. option. That will let you choose Files as a destination. You can save to Audioshare via that route.

What OS are you running? I don't even see Audioshare as a destination for saving from Garageband (iPhone running iOS 14.8)

• OS 15.1 screenshot

• Thanks for the attention please find screenshot in previous post showing AudioShare as a location to export songs

• @Greenie said:
    Thanks for the attention please find screenshot in previous post showing AudioShare as a location to export songs

In iPadOS15.x I had to 're-check' AudioShare in Files.app (there are 'two' providers AudioShare and AudioShare Files).
    Tap on edit and make sure AudioShare Files is selected (uncheck the other one).

Hope you'll get it to work...

• Thanks SAMU ,Kushdi that did the trick . greenie

• @Greenie said:
    Thanks for the attention please find screenshot in previous post showing AudioShare as a location to export songs

That screen shot looks like the browser for opening songs.

That is the browser for opening songs. To export a song, long-press on the song to export.

That will bring up a sheet with the options for the format.

Then it brings up a share sheet.

In that share sheet choose Open In

That wil generate the export file.

Then another share sheet pops up.

In that one choose Save to Files.

That brings up the Files browser. You can navigate to Audioshare from that browser window and deposit it in one of Audioshare's folders.

That sounds like a lot of steps but should be obvious once you've gotten to the first share sheet.

• @Greenie said:
    Thanks SAMU ,Kushdi that did the trick . greenie

Goodie, I think it's a bug in AudioShare's file-provider that got exposed by iPadOS15 :sunglasses:

• Here is a video demonstration:

p.s. PLEASE edit this thread's topic to something like : "GarageBand - How to Export To Audioshare" or something that gives a clue to the topic.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Here is a video demonstration:

p.s. PLEASE edit this thread's topic to something like : "GarageBand - How to Export To Audioshare" or something that gives a clue to the topic.

It works because you have the 'correct' file-provider in the side bar (Audio Share Files).

The problem was that AudioShare shows two providers (AudioShare & AudioShare Files) under iPadOS15 and the 'AudioShare' just flashes when trying to use it.

The problem is already solved...

• espiegel123. So AudioShare. , GarageBand ios not clear enough for you ,SAMU sussed it .

• @Samu said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Here is a video demonstration:

It works because you have the 'correct' file-provider in the side bar (Audio Share Files).

The problem was that AudioShare shows two providers (AudioShare & AudioShare Files) under iPadOS15 and the 'AudioShare' just flashes when trying to use it.

The problem is already solved...

I just noticed this as well. If any other dev might have an idea why this is happening, please let me know :)

• Anyone noticing folder tree disappearing when going from AudioShare to another app (AUM)and back?
    I have to restart AudioShare to see top left back arrow (and folders again)?
    iPad Pro latest iOS etc.
    Been happening for a while.
    Annoying.

• I never in my live saw "AudioShare Files" ....
    I only ever had "AudioShare"

• @tja said:
    I never in my live saw "AudioShare Files" ....
    I only ever had "AudioShare"

In certain iPadOS versions two entries (AudioShare & AudioShare Files) popped up and it took a while to troubleshoot.
    Should no longer be the case under iPadOS16.x

• Am I crazy or does Audioshare no longer play in the background? I tried on both my phone and iPad, even after restarting both. I feel like I’m missing something

• Personally I don't miss AudioShare one bit...
    ...don't even have it installed on my M1 iPadPro or iPhone 8, simply don't 'need' it anymore.

• @Samu said:
    Personally I don't miss AudioShare one bit...
    ...don't even have it installed on my M1 iPadPro or iPhone 8, simply don't 'need' it anymore.

I love it to check and compare files, also for trimming, normalization and conversions.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Am I crazy or does Audioshare no longer play in the background? I tried on both my phone and iPad, even after restarting both. I feel like I’m missing something

Yes, here too!

• R_2R_2
    edited May 2023

@tja said:
    I love it to check and compare files, also for trimming, normalization and conversions.

+1

@oat_phipps said:
    Am I crazy or does Audioshare no longer play in the background? I tried on both my phone and iPad, even after restarting both. I feel like I’m missing something

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1187932/#Comment_1187932

• @R_2 said:

@tja said:

+1

@oat_phipps said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1187932/#Comment_1187932

Thanks! Helpful stuff

• Hi @j_liljedahl

I am curious if you are still planning to make an AudioShare 3. My main interest is in the addition of an iCloud folder inside AudioShare (along the lines of the folder in Readdle Docs, for example). You had mentioned a couple years ago that you might add that feature at some point, so I figured I’d ask.

• edited June 2023

@LeftyChris said:
    Hi @j_liljedahl

I am curious if you are still planning to make an AudioShare 3. My main interest is in the addition of an iCloud folder inside AudioShare (along the lines of the folder in Readdle Docs, for example). You had mentioned a couple years ago that you might add that feature at some point, so I figured I’d ask.

Yes! That's the plan. AudioShare2 (the current one) was made mainly because iOS at that time didn't have any file system or way to organize your soundfiles in a central place. Everything was spread out between apps and you had to use copy/paste of audio between them. (Then iOS added "Open in" which was a bit better, but still..)

Other central features of AudioShare was the dropbox and soundcloud integration, both of which are now broken because of dropbox and soundcloud API updates combined with abandoned SDKs from them. But these are also not needed today, because both AudioShare and Dropbox integrates with the iOS Files app, and SoundCloud app allows uploading from Files (including AudioShare) directly from their app.

So, a new AudioShare 3 is surely needed, with a more modern integration with the iOS Files system, and more focus on organization and simple editing of sound files.

• edited June 2023

@j_liljedahl said:

@LeftyChris said:
    Hi @j_liljedahl

Yes! That's the plan. AudioShare2 (the current one) was made mainly because iOS at that time didn't have any file system or way to organize your soundfiles in a central place. Everything was spread out between apps and you had to use copy/paste of audio between them. (Then iOS added "Open in" which was a bit better, but still..)

Other central features of AudioShare was the dropbox and soundcloud integration, both of which are now broken because of dropbox and soundcloud API updates combined with abandoned SDKs from them. But these are also not needed today, because both AudioShare and Dropbox integrates with the iOS Files app, and SoundCloud app allows uploading from Files (including AudioShare) directly from their app.

So, a new AudioShare 3 is surely needed, with a more modern integration with the iOS Files system, and more focus on organization and simple editing of sound files.

Fantastic! I’m very happy to hear that. Thanks for explaining the situation with AudioShare, and I really look forward to the next version of it!

Despite integration with the Files app, it would nevertheless be nice to be able to have files and folders directly or automatically upload from AudioShare to a cloud service. I use both iCloud and Dropbox, and even though I can of course just upload files manually from AudioShare to iCloud and Dropbox, being able to have iCloud and Dropbox folders inside AudioShare that do this automatically would be great. (Well, I’m not sure that’s possible anymore with Dropbox but I know it is with iCloud.)

I have two iPads in addition to my iPhone so moving seamlessly between them and having all the same files synced in AudioShare on all my devices would be a big plus.

• @LeftyChris said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@LeftyChris said:
    Hi @j_liljedahl

Fantastic! I’m very happy to hear that. Thanks for explaining the situation with AudioShare, and I really look forward to the next version of it!

Despite integration with the Files app, it would nevertheless be nice to be able to have files and folders directly or automatically upload from AudioShare to a cloud service. I use both iCloud and Dropbox, and even though I can of course just upload files manually from AudioShare to iCloud and Dropbox, being able to have iCloud and Dropbox folders inside AudioShare that do this automatically would be great. (Well, I’m not sure that’s possible anymore with Dropbox but I know it is with iCloud.)

I have two iPads in addition to my iPhone so moving seamlessly between them and having all the same files synced in AudioShare on all my devices would be a big plus.

Yes, the idea is that you will be able to have one (or several) folders in the Library that lives in iCloud Drive. So any files in those folders will automatically be synced.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@LeftyChris said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@LeftyChris said:
    Hi @j_liljedahl

Yes, the idea is that you will be able to have one (or several) folders in the Library that lives in iCloud Drive. So any files in those folders will automatically be synced.

Excellent! That is exactly what I was hoping for!

• edited July 2023

Hi @j_liljedahl

If you are planning to beta test new AudioShare features (or a new version of AudioShare) through Test Flight, please let the forum know. I would certainly be interested.

• @LeftyChris said:
    Hi @j_liljedahl

If you are planning to beta test new AudioShare features (or a new version of AudioShare) through Test Flight, please let the forum know. I would certainly be interested.

Same here. :)