Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Getting back into ipad

Hi! I use to use my old ipad 2 as a synth a sample launcher. I really enjoyed it, but it got and over time I started to get more into hardware.
These days I play mostly with my modular synth, and was thinking of picking up a newer ipad to use as a step sequencer/looper for the synth, and maybe use as a drum machine at the same time.
Is it still worth getting something older, like an ipad air 2? I am not really going to use it as a DAW or with something very resource heavy.

Comments

• @sp3k said:
    Hi! I use to use my old ipad 2 as a synth a sample launcher. I really enjoyed it, but it got and over time I started to get more into hardware.
    These days I play mostly with my modular synth, and was thinking of picking up a newer ipad to use as a step sequencer/looper for the synth, and maybe use as a drum machine at the same time.
    Is it still worth getting something older, like an ipad air 2? I am not really going to use it as a DAW or with something very resource heavy.

The iPad 2 still does this perfectly. Do you already have a dock for it?
    My choices would be:
    Genome MIDI for step sequencing
    Nanostudio 1 for drums
    Loopy HD (or NS1 samples on TRG pads) if you need audio loops
    All these apps are available on iOS 9.

• If you are getting an Air2 - make sure the battery has a good bit of life in it - they are expensive to replace because of the laminated screen, and they are all getting on in years. It might be better going for the equivalent iPad price wise without the Air - then you can change the battery easier if needs be. What would that be? A six maybe or something like that? If it’s mainly for making music then you don’t need a laminated screen.