Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

3rd!! Chance to Win a FREE Copy of SampleTron 2 for iPad ($70 value, and that is the intro price!)

Win a free copy of IK Multimedia SampleTron 2 for iPad!

Win a free copy of IK Multimedia SampleTron 2 for iPad - this thing sounds incredible, with a huge collection of beautifully sampled vintage sounds, but it ain’t cheap, so you won’t want to miss this giveaway! All the details of how to win are in the pinned comment at the top of the Youtube comment section. App Store link and description are also in the Youtube info section.

Comments

• Haven’t checked the manual on this yet - can you load your own samples in the iOS version too? If so, how? Cheers!

• Ehhh yes please. I’ll make the space.

• Can anyone find a manual link? Also, specifically, still haven't figured out how to load external samples in iOS version. Cheers

• edited September 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks - I can see how it should work, but can’t actually get it to work!

• The video I posted yesterday still has one day left to run before the winner is picked, but in the meantime here is a separate video with yet another code to give away for a chance to win this great but pricey app:

I will bring out a third video with a 3rd code to give away in the coming days. Good luck folks!

• The lucky winner of the first video is none other than our very own @iostrakon!

The 2nd video posted above is still valid for entry and the winner will be picked tomorrow 😘

• Glad to see that he's one of us!! Thanks Gav!

• Indeed! Here is a link to the 3rd video with a 3rd giveaway code, get in there lads! As always, follow the instructions in the pinned comment:

• Well, didn’t expect that! Thanks @Gavinski ! Time to make room on the iPad somehow 😂

@Gavinski said:
    The lucky winner of the first video is none other than our very own @iostrakon!

The 2nd video posted above is still valid for entry and the winner will be picked tomorrow 😘

• 3 gig isn't always easy to find! Happy for you bro, DMed you the code

• edited September 2021

Guess I'll have to shell out that pile of $1 bills and pay the retail price. 🥲

• @NeuM said:

Well, the 2nd and 3rd video I posted still have their giveaways open, so get in there! But has the intro offer ended already?!

• @Gavinski said:

@NeuM said:

Well, the 2nd and 3rd video I posted still have their giveaways open, so get in there! But has the intro offer ended already?!

I think it’s on for a while longer.

• edited September 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Haven’t checked the manual on this yet - can you load your own samples in the iOS version too? If so, how? Cheers!

Hi Gav,
    Have you been able to upload your own samples in Sampletron eventually?
    I'm also struggling with that. Still no manual online.
    This thing sounds amazing and it's a superb tool for sound design and atmospherical experimentations.

• I haven’t! I load them and I get no sound. I should be hearing back from them about it, got a support requests passed on.

By the way, the winner of the 2nd giveaway has been randomly picked and is shown below. The 3rd video is still eligible to enter, its winner will be picked tomorrow

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:
    Haven’t checked the manual on this yet - can you load your own samples in the iOS version too? If so, how? Cheers!

Hi Gav,
    Have you been able to upload your own samples in Sampletron eventually?
    I'm also struggling with that. Still no manual online.
    This thing sounds amazing and it's a superb tool for sound design and atmospherical experimentations.

• Thank you for your answer Gavinski!
    Yes, same thing here.
    Great that you already sent a request!
    Let's see what they 'll say.
    Thanks again

• @moher said:
    Thank you for your answer Gavinski!
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

They sent me a pdf of the manual, if u dm me your email I'll send it to you 👍

• edited September 2021

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,
    Thank you very much! They just answer my review in the appstore telling me it was now available, so I have it too.

Regarding the samples import in Sampletron I had the same issue as you. No sound when loading samples. Strangely, when I upload at list 2 samples in the track window it actually works. (I ve been trying with the extra violins samples provided after the Sampletron registration)
    Any improvement in that matter for you?

• @moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,
    Thank you very much! They just answer my review in the appstore telling me it was now available, so I have it too.

Regarding the samples import in Sampletron I had the same issue as you. No sound when loading samples. Strangely, when I upload at list 2 samples in the track window it actually works. (I ve been trying with the extra violins samples provided after the Sampletron registration)

Hi Moher, yeah I also managed to load their samples - one by one, but if a pain in the arse for sure - and got sound. I have it the name 'violin demo' but the thing is, after I can't find it anywhere and noatter what samples I try to add, the user folder always seems to he empty. U get this problem too?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Well, didn’t expect that! Thanks @Gavinski ! Time to make room on the iPad somehow 😂

@Gavinski said:
    The lucky winner of the first video is none other than our very own @iostrakon!

Congrats!

• edited September 2021

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,

Hi Moher, yeah I also managed to load their samples - one by one, but if a pain in the arse for sure - and got sound. I have it the name 'violin demo' but the thing is, after I can't find it anywhere and noatter what samples I try to add, the user folder always seems to he empty. U get this problem too?

Hi Gav,
    yes, I ve been able to save the tracks in the user folder eventually. Not easy going at all.

First you need to choose one of the 3 tracks slot ( a b or c) in the Tron page. Just put the track selector where you want to receive the samples. Click on it so the track's name turns white.

Then you click the load button in the Tron page. (You're now in the import sample page.)

You can now load your samples ( at least 2 in my case, with just one I have no sound). Respect the indicated format.

Then you need to name the track by clicking where it says Name "new track" in the track window.

Click import.

The samples should now be assigned to the keyboard in the track slot that you previously selected with the name you chose.

Now you 'll have to press the Save button. ( in theTron page)

A new menu appears

Choose a category ( wind, strings...)

Save

You should now have it saved where you normally choose your track in the MODEL column in the USER section ( it s the last one in the column).

A pain in the ass really!

But it really worth the pain!

Good luck!

• @moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,

Hi Gav,
    yes, I ve been able to save the tracks in the user folder eventually. Not easy going at all.

First you need to choose one of the 3 tracks slot ( a b or c) in the Tron page. Just put the track selector where you want to receive the samples. Click on it so the track's name turns white.

Then you click the load button in the Tron page. (You're now in the import sample page.)

You can now load your samples ( at least 2 in my case, with just one I have no sound). Respect the indicated format.

Then you need to name the track by clicking where it says Name "new track" in the track window.

Click import.

The samples should now be assigned to the keyboard in the track slot that you previously selected with the name you chose.

A new menu appears

Save

You should now have it saved where you normally choose your track in the MODEL column in the USER section ( it s the last one in the column).

Good luck!

Thanks for the detailed description Moher, yeah, quite a palaver! Luckily, I am quite happy already with the sounds in the app, I don't use samples of much, and if I want tape effects I can use mixbox, Reelbus, chow tape etc, so no biggie!

• @moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,

Hi Gav,

Click import.

A new menu appears

Save

Good luck!

Are the 2 samples automatically spreading across all the keys for you chromatically or is it just the 2 samples playable on only 2 keys?

• edited October 2021

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,

Hi Gav,

Click import.

A new menu appears

Save

Good luck!

Are the 2 samples automatically spreading across all the keys for you chromatically or is it just the 2 samples playable on only 2 keys?

Hi
    Yes, the 2 samples* are spread all over the keyboard chromatically just as if it would be just one sample. But you can also assign a different sample per key.

*( actually according to the manual it should be possible to import just one sample but strangely it won't make any sound with just one sample imported). Don't know if it s a bug or me doing a bad manipulation.

• @moher said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,

Hi Gav,

Click import.

A new menu appears

Save

Good luck!

Hi
    Yes, the 2 samples* are spread all over the keyboard chromatically just as if it would be just one sample. But you can also assign a different sample per key.

*( actually according to the manual it should be possible to import just one sample but strangely it won't make any sound with just one sample imported). Don't know if it s a bug or me doing a bad manipulation.

Interesting I’m unable to get a single sample to map across the keys in different pitches, it only plays the single note on the single key. I’ve tried both the root note sample name method and the chromatic from method.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@moher said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,

Hi Gav,

Click import.

A new menu appears

Save

Good luck!

Hi

Interesting I’m unable to get a single sample to map across the keys in different pitches, it only plays the single note on the single key. I’ve tried both the root note sample name method and the chromatic from method.

I think I Got it. The two samples seem intended to set boundaries for the highest and lowest note of the chromatic playability. So in my case if I add c3 piano.wav and c4 piano.wav it’ll be playable from only c3-c4 on the piano. Is what you’re experiencing @moher ?

This is a very unique workflow for sure. It’d be nice if we could simply draw or type in our preferred playable keys boundaries for our samples

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@moher said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:

@Gavinski said:

@moher said:
    Yes, same thing here.
    Thanks again

Hi Gav,

Hi Gav,

Click import.

A new menu appears

Save

Good luck!

Hi

I think I Got it. The two samples seem intended to set boundaries for the highest and lowest note of the chromatic playability. So in my case if I add c3 piano.wav and c4 piano.wav it’ll be playable from only c3-c4 on the piano. Is what you’re experiencing @moher ?

This is a very unique workflow for sure. It’d be nice if we could simply draw or type in our preferred playable keys boundaries for our samples

Hi,
    I'm not sure that this is the reason for the 2 samples. Cause I've been using samples with the same root note and others with differents roots notes. (But maybe I'm wrong.)
    Have you tried to follow the steps that I'm describing to Gavinski in that thread a few messages back?

Yes, I also wish the import process would be just a drag and drap process.