Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini apps presets - how to manage them? And 49 PSA1000 / PSA1000 Jr presets!

edited September 2020 in General App Discussion

The preset support in Nembrini apps is rather barebones:

• how does one share presets between standalone and AUv3?
  • how does one export and import (sets of) presets?

The SansAmp PSA-1 hardware (after which PSA1000 Jr is modeled) had 49 factory presets in 5 categories.
Based on Heechan Park's preset dump I recreated these, saved them into AUM, and zipped them up.

How to install these presets (you must have AUM):

• unzip the file - this creates a folder 'PSA1000-AUMPresets' which in turn contains a folder 'Audio Unit Presets'
  • move the directory 'Audio Unit Presets/4E6D4...56678' and its contents to under:
    [On My Ipad(or Iphone]/AUM/Audio Unit Presets/4E6D4...55678

• if the 'Audio Unit Presets' directory does not exist at the target location, move the entire tree over.
    • or else, if the '4E6D4...' directory does not exist, move it to under the target directory 'Audio Unit Presets'.
  • when you now use PSA1000 Jr in AUM you can select from the addional AUM presets in the AUM PSA1000 Jr 'hamburger menu'. You can then also save these into PSA1000 Jr as internal presets (and organize them in folders, etc.).

• I do not know how to get these into the standalone PSA plugin other than re-creating them from scratch. It would be nice to have more than just rather rudimentary support for management of presets in the Nembrini apps!

Update: I got the stereo PSA1000 and thus was able to re-create the presets for it as well:

• download presets here
  • unzip will create a folder 'PSA1000(no_Jr)-AUMPresets/Audio Unit Presets/4E6D4..55678' - the last folder name is similar in name but not identical to the AUM app folder for PSA Jr. so do look very closely when copying individual presets! Otherwise install is the same as for the Jr presets.
  • Note: the presets are in mono - to get an awesome stereo experience you will want to play with: increasing the stereo spread, de-linking the channels, turning on side-mid, changing dry/wet mix and level on the channels etc.

It is possible that some of the Nembrini factory presets might already be dups of these factory ones. Though, for obvious reasons, they did not provide collections of amp-specific presets (Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie).

Comments

• Thanks for the presets!

• +1 on thanks for the presets. One thing that confused me a little is that these new presets appear only in the hamburger menu that AUM attaches to the PSA1000 Jr window. They're not in the app's normal preset menu, nor in the overall AUM presets. You can load each one and save as normal app presets. This makes them visible to the AU in other hosts, but not to the stand-alone app, presumably due to AU sandboxing.

• @uncledave said:
    +1 on thanks for the presets. One thing that confused me a little is that these new presets appear only in the hamburger menu that AUM attaches to the PSA1000 Jr window. They're not in the app's normal preset menu, nor in the overall AUM presets.

You're welcome!
    I think you explained the situation much better than I did. I had to use this approach to get around Nembrini's limited plugin management. Even if you just want to export presets from -say- your iPad to your iPhone you have to use this kind of workaround. I surmise that this is not a problem on the desktops - but on iOS we are prisoners of our walled gardens. (OTOH I will take the iOS app prices over the desktop any day.)

• edited September 2020

Some devs are cleverer about this than others. Drambo (BeepStreet) can access the same files from AU and stand-alone, and can even import files to the AU through the "Files" interface (i.e. from anywhere). KQ Dixie has separate directories for AU and stand-alone, but the stand-alone can access the AU folders, so it's workable. The Nembrini implementation is very minimal, and the same for all their apps. Some enhancement there would be very welcome.

Edit: Just got around to trying these presets. They're excellent, and some are simply amazing. Hendrix...

• Bass players should be alerted that there are 10 bass-specific presets in the PSA 1000 pack!

• @uncledave said:
    The Nembrini implementation is very minimal, and the same for all their apps. Some enhancement there would be very welcome.

+1
    As their iOS apps share the same UI (and codebase?!) for presets, they likely just need to implement improvements once so that all their apps can pick it up.

I suppose they are in line with FabFilter, which have not yet gotten around, either, to provide for preset management on iOS. However, FF did hint that improvements would be forthcoming.
    I believe that both of these companies use XML for their presets. - Ironic, since that format is much more open, but that's still of no use to us in iOS land.

In the meantime, enjoy the versatility of the Jr plugin through these 'factory presets'.

• Bump, since presets are now available to download for both, PSA1000 Jr and the stereo PSA1000.

• @Tim6502 said:

The SansAmp PSA-1 hardware (after which PSA1000 Jr is modeled) had 49 factory presets in 5 categories.
    Based on Heechan Park's preset dump I recreated these, saved them into AUM, and zipped them up.

• unzip the file - this creates a folder 'PSA1000-AUMPresets' which in turn contains a folder 'Audio Unit Presets'
    • move the directory 'Audio Unit Presets/4E6D4...56678' and its contents to under:

• if the 'Audio Unit Presets' directory does not exist at the target location, move the entire tree over.
      • or else, if the '4E6D4...' directory does not exist, move it to under the target directory 'Audio Unit Presets'.
    • when you now use PSA1000 Jr in AUM you can select from the addional AUM presets in the AUM PSA1000 Jr 'hamburger menu'. You can then also save these into PSA1000 Jr as internal presets (and organize them in folders, etc.).

• I do not know how to get these into the standalone PSA plugin other than re-creating them from scratch. It would be nice to have more than just rather rudimentary support for management of presets in the Nembrini apps!

Update: I got the stereo PSA1000 and thus was able to re-create the presets for it as well:

• download presets here
    • unzip will create a folder 'PSA1000(no_Jr)-AUMPresets/Audio Unit Presets/4E6D4..55678' - the last folder name is similar in name but not identical to the AUM app folder for PSA Jr. so do look very closely when copying individual presets! Otherwise install is the same as for the Jr presets.
    • Note: the presets are in mono - to get an awesome stereo experience you will want to play with: increasing the stereo spread, de-linking the channels, turning on side-mid, changing dry/wet mix and level on the channels etc.

It is possible that some of the Nembrini factory presets might already be dups of these factory ones. Though, for obvious reasons, they did not provide collections of amp-specific presets (Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie).

👍

• big thanks @Tim6502 for the presets. some quite nice clean ones, particularly with Nembrini's Clon for a bit of breakup. and the AUM folder info will be very useful for cleaning up old, crufty presets. how did you identify the magic folder for PSA1000?

• Awesome, Thank you!!

• @bangzero said:
    big thanks @Tim6502 for the presets. some quite nice clean ones, particularly with Nembrini's Clon for a bit of breakup. and the AUM folder info will be very useful for cleaning up old, crufty presets. how did you identify the magic folder for PSA1000?

Easy:
    Save a preset into AUM. Navigate in Files to '[On My Ipad(or Iphone]/AUM/Audio Unit Presets'.
    The folder where you just added a preset to is the latest (newest) when Files display is sorted by 'Date'.

• @jolico said:

@Tim6502 said:

• download presets here

👍

I’m pretty sure I have them in the right place:

But I am not seeing them in the hamburger menu.

• Hi @johnfromberkeley - is this for the PSA Jr?
    The Directory for PSA has a different sequence in the middle: 73313061 instead of 73316A61 (which is what you show above).

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I’m pretty sure I have them in the right place: [...] But I am not seeing them in the hamburger menu.

that looks like the Junior presets. is that what you want? you can try @Tim6502's trick: save a new preset from PSA1000 in AUM. then see if the number of files in your folder becomes 50, or if there's a new folder.

• Got the PSA1000 and the presets today, thanks!

• edited October 2021

Just to clarify these are not for the Jr? Or hold up they are….