Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Art Kerns apps - how to get support? [Answered]

edited September 2021 in Support and Feedback

I am having problems with MIDILFOs and there is no obvious way to get support or even to report a problem. Does anyone know? His web site is just a list of his apps, with no contact details.

FWIW, I removed the app by long-pressing and selecting 'delete'. It disappeared form the desktop, but still appears in the available list of MIDI AU Generators and errors when I select it. The App Store thinks it is installed, so it only has an 'Open' button, which does nothing.

Comments

• edited September 2021

In the midiSTEPs app there's a feedback function...
    art(a)artkerns.com, try that one...

midiLFOs has the same e-mail (settings > about tab and email).

• @Samu said:
    In the midiSTEPs app there's a feedback function...
    art(a)artkerns.com, try that one...

midiLFOs has the same e-mail (settings > about tab and email).

Thanks, I will try that. Out of interest, to discover the email address independently I had to start the app on my other iPad, select 'About', then install a mail account. I don't know why Apple can't just put a contact link in the App Store :(

• @MarkH said:

Thanks, I will try that. Out of interest, to discover the email address independently I had to start the app on my other iPad, select 'About', then install a mail account. I don't know why Apple can't just put a contact link in the App Store :(

Most likely to save developers from getting spammed by people who have not purchased the app :sunglasses:
    But yeah, sometimes it can be a bit tricky to find a way to contact the developer...

• @MarkH said:
    I am having problems with MIDILFOs and there is no obvious way to get support or even to report a problem. Does anyone know? His web site is just a list of his apps, with no contact details.

FWIW, I removed the app by long-pressing and selecting 'delete'. It disappeared form the desktop, but still appears in the available list of MIDI AU Generators and errors when I select it. The App Store thinks it is installed, so it only has an 'Open' button, which does nothing.

A couple of suggestions. First, restart your device. That might clear up the confusion. Second, (try to) find the app in Settings–>iPad Storage and see if the controls there do any good. That's slightly lower level (closer to the metal) than the popup on the Home Screen.

• @uncledave said:

@MarkH said:

A couple of suggestions. First, restart your device. That might clear up the confusion. Second, (try to) find the app in Settings–>iPad Storage and see if the controls there do any good. That's slightly lower level (closer to the metal) than the popup on the Home Screen.

Thanks, but I did those things already. It doesn't appear as an app under iPad Storage screen. I am waiting to hear back from the author before I try deleting from there on my main iPad.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MarkH said:

Have you done a hard reset rather than power off and power on? Hard reset re-initializes some things that aren't when using power off.

If you deleted it and it shows up, that is an OS problem and it will probably be Apple support you would need rather than the developers.

If you have other apps from the same developer and they register their plug-ins as part of the same app group, I wonder if some garbage wasn't deleted when you deleted the app...if that is the case you could try deleting other apps from the same developer (making sure to back up any documents or presets first), hard resetting and then seeing what happens.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MarkH said:

If you have other apps from the same developer and they register their plug-ins as part of the same app group, I wonder if some garbage wasn't deleted when you deleted the app...if that is the case you could try deleting other apps from the same developer (making sure to back up any documents or presets first), hard resetting and then seeing what happens.

Good thinking, I had MIDISteps too. Didn't help, though!

FWIW Art has replied and he too says this is a syetem thing that he can't help with. (He also said this can't be causing my Animoog problem :( )