Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BIAS on 8.x

Does BIAS work any better or more stable on iOS 8? Now that I started using it more I am noticing weird issues with BAIS and Cubasis. i.e. It will lock up in Audiobus and not relaunch at all. No matter how many times you close all apps and relaunch them. Even after it locks in Cubasis and you try to close all and just launch BIAS -- it will keep locking up.

The only way to fix it is to do a complete clean restart of the iPad.

Comments

• Not for me, no. And I use Cubasis as well, so I have the exact same issues. It seems adding anything to the Audiobus chain after you've opened Bias and Cubasis just makes Bias flip out. I've switched to to ToneStack as a result.

• edited September 2015

Double post

• Have switched to BiasFX

• I use a lot of apps on iPad2 that are supposedly too demanding for that device, and they work mostly fine. BIAS is not one of them. I feel like it used to run fairly well, both in isolation and for AudioBus recording. It's mostly a laggy mess now, but again, I expect that a faster iPad would handle it just fine.

I haven't even bought BiasFX for that reason, that will be my first purchase if/when I upgrade my tablet.

• I haven't bought BIAS FX either. I am using an iPad Air 1. I am also still staying on iOS 7.1.1 because its been stable and I don't need any of the features of iOS 8x (I only use the iPad for recording music).

btw.. Thats why I didnt buy Korg M1 when it was on sale last week :-( Man did I want it.

• Unless you really really need iFunbox type access to the file system you should probably upgrade to 8 now while you still can. 8 is pretty good by now, and next week 9 is dropping and who knows how that is going to be for the first few months. The window of opportunity is shrinking fast, I would definitely get 8 in your shoes.

iOS 7 is going to start crashing more and more because testflight only runs on 8 now, so even apps that are supposedly iOS7 friendly are being released and updated untested on that platform.

• @richardyot said:
    Unless you really really need iFunbox type access to the file system you should probably upgrade to 8 now while you still can. 8 is pretty good by now, and next week 9 is dropping and who knows how that is going to be for the first few months. The window of opportunity is shrinking fast, I would definitely get 8 in your shoes.

iOS 7 is going to start crashing more and more because testflight only runs on 8 now, so even apps that are supposedly iOS7 friendly are being released and updated untested on that platform.

Agreed with this; i updated to 8.4 only in the last month because every new app was requiring 7.1 or later. I've found everything quite smooth and imagine a lot of the early bugs were sussed out. But like last time, I expect to be on 8.4 for a very long time until reports on 9 are clean.

• I've not had any issues with Bias under 8.4, touch wood. Only had a few issues when using Bias and JamUp Pro in conjunction, but now I just save the modified amp and then use JamUp. Does Bias FX need Bias to modify amps, or is it built in?

As far as iOS is concerned it's my first iPad, so iOS 9 will be the first time I have to decide if I go that route, or start saving for another iPad and leave mine well alone.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I've not had any issues with Bias under 8.4, touch wood. Only had a few issues when using Bias and JamUp Pro in conjunction, but now I just save the modified amp and then use JamUp. Does Bias FX need Bias to modify amps, or is it built in?

As far as iOS is concerned it's my first iPad, so iOS 9 will be the first time I have to decide if I go that route, or start saving for another iPad and leave mine well alone.

Are you on an Air 1 or 2? Did it slow down when you upgraded?

I dont know what 'testflight' is. I would have to look it up.

• @telecode101 said:
    I dont know what 'testflight' is. I would have to look it up.

I'm on Air2. My first iPad so I have not upgraded yet.

Testflight is Apples control app for us testing apps while they are in development and is now only useable in iOS 8, so some earlier iOS versions may get bugs missed.