Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New track using Thor.

edited September 2015 in Creations

Thanks for the support!

-Edit #1: Thank you all for the views, comments, and the input towards my track. To answer some questions that are posted, yes the majority of this song is done using the Thor Polytonic Synthesizer. As far as what genre this track is, I can't really say. I was messing around with beats in rhythm and found that 140 bpm, the base tempo for dubstep, was quite a decent fit for quite a few genres. I was aiming for a traditional dubstep song, but who likes following traditional rules? This is my first somewhat "rock-step" track, but I'll leave that for you guys to decide.

-Edit #2: Whether its the IOS version or the actual base rack in the computer DAW, the sounds can be created in either of them. Reason is one of the few DAWs I own and I happen to prefer it to Logic, Pro Tools, Garageband, etc. I have never had traditional lessons in music theory or composition nor do I plan to. I did however take college courses in music production, but that school was only giving lessons in Ableton (I have yet to figure that DAW out lol).

-Edit #3: I currently do my mixing on Reason and if you're interested what is in my rack for this song, its this: 5 NNXT Advanced Samplers, 6 (3 layered) Thors, 4 Dr. Octo Rex Loopers, Multiple Line 6 guitar amps, 1 Subtractor Synthesizer, 2 Graintable synthesizers, 2 Kong Drum pads, 1 Redrum module, and over 50 various effects.

-Edit #4: And yes, Funjunkie27 is my father and is the only person I've met who actually gets the IOS app "Different Drummer". Go support him too!

Comments

• Not my thing exactly but I like it. Ok...disclaimer here....Aaron's my son, and I recommended he post on AB to get some feedback, so if you guys would be so kind to rip him apart ;-)

• I like it. It's cool how it starts out like a traditional piano based pop song and them morphs into techno(or whatever sub genre it's called). Great melody and production.

• Thanks for the comment mate. Aaron is pretty thick skinned, so any suggestions are welcomed. I'm trying to talk him into taking his music to the next level, while keeping in mind that you have to keep reality in mind...and I know he can see what I'm saying. I think that it can still be worth pursuing as long as you realize how competitive it is out there and temper your expectations. Nonetheless, he's more talented than I am and loves music, so any feedback is welcome. BTW...no Different Drummer in his mixes at all ;-).

I don't mean to speak for him, but he knows I've been a long time follower on this forum and I've told him that it's the best one out there in many ways and that the feedback he could get here is great.

@mkell424 said:
    I like it. It's cool how it starts out like a traditional piano based pop song and them morphs into techno(or whatever sub genre it's called). Great melody and production.

• @funjunkie27 No need to speak for him Dad, his music speaks for itself (but I understand the instinct :).

@HoldTheTaco I like a lot of this and there's a lot of it :) Feels like four or five different styles or songs all in the same ketchup bottle. I would like to hear the views of some forum members who are more into or familiar with the dominant genres on show, but the quality to my ears is excellent. I particularly like the distortion/glitch without distortion. What did you use predominantly to put this piece together?

• @HoldTheTaco I really think your songwriting and production are great. I'm a fan of music that combines styles so I like the way you did it. I don't know what your musical goal is but I can see you writing for TV and movies since you can cover more than one genre. You might want to go to college where you can learn how to score.

• I like it how it moves along, a really well done track. I like the happy feel of it as well

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    funjunkie27 No need to speak for him Dad, his music speaks for itself (but I understand the instinct :).

Hah....a bit over zealous perhaps!

• Thank you all for the feedback! I really wasn't expecting such positive reviews from you all, but this made my day. I'll be uploading another one in a day or so so be on the lookout!

• @HoldTheTaco said:
    Thank you all for the feedback! I really wasn't expecting such positive reviews from you all, but this made my day. I'll be uploading another one in a day or so so be on the lookout!

I like this quite a bit, the recording is crisp and clear. I especially like how this moves around and features a variety of sounds. I'm also interested to know what you used to make this track.

• Hi @Holdthetaco

Welcome.

Thought I'd chip in with my honest thoughts about the track

• production and sound quality sound very good to me

• I really like the two 'dub step style' drops - great sounds and great energy here. Nicely done

• the rest of the track seems more conservative in a way - and a bit incongruous. I'm not really sure what genre its going for either. It sounds a bit soft rock instrumental or something

As I think others have said, I'd narrow down what you are doing in a track a bit.

Personally with this track i'd decide it was a dance track and work on a much simpler repeating 'hook' that slowly builds up progressively then resolves in the drop you have. Then do it again but more energy and a bit differently. Job done :).

That's not to say you can't add a bit of other influences and experiment. But I'd focus in on what the track is each time.

Hope that helps. However if it feels really right to you, ignore everyone else and just carry on. That's not a bad option either :).

• edited September 2015

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi Holdthetaco

Welcome.

Thought I'd chip in with my honest thoughts about the track

• production and sound quality sound very good to me

• I really like the two 'dub step style' drops - great sounds and great energy here. Nicely done

• the rest of the track seems more conservative in a way - and a bit incongruous. I'm not really sure what genre its going for either. It sounds a bit soft rock instrumental or something

As I think others have said, I'd narrow down what you are doing in a track a bit.

Personally with this track i'd decide it was a dance track and work on a much simpler repeating 'hook' that slowly builds up progressively then resolves in the drop you have. Then do it again but more energy and a bit differently. Job done :).

That's not to say you can't add a bit of other influences and experiment. But I'd focus in on what the track is each time.

Hope that helps. However if it feels really right to you, ignore everyone else and just carry on. That's not a bad option either :).

I'm going to have this photocopied a thousand times and have it put in the New Member Orientation Packet for the 10th Anniversary SOTMC Gala and Ball that we will surely be one day having at the St. Regis or similar. A boilerplate of The Helpful Review, nicely done.

• Exactly @MF2K wrote. I'd add just one thing, the ending drum suprised me and I though "he should have forgotten to stop an app at the right moment". I was expecting (don't know why) a more steep finish to keep and consolidate the overall energy until the last note.

• I like it a lot! Is it really all done with Thor? It is a synth I have but not really used much. This would make a great demo track.

• Very nice track. I like such genre crossovers. Would be maybe not very commercial to fit so many changes in one track. But i like not so commercial songs ;) What i just miss a bit is more juice and heavy hitting especially in the dub parts. Some more dynamics would be great.

The mix sounds good so far.

• I wish I could reply to you all individually, but until I upgrade my P.O.S Microsoft phone (which is what I'm using to communicate on AB), I'll have to post edits on my main post. I LOVE YOU ALL!

• edited September 2015

@HoldTheTaco said:
    -Edit #3: I currently do my mixing on Reason and if you're interested what is in my rack for this song, its this: 5 NNXT Advanced Samplers, 6 (3 layered) Thors, 4 Dr. Octo Rex Loopers, Multiple Line 6 guitar amps, 1 Subtractor Synthesizer, 2 Graintable synthesizers, 2 Kong Drum pads, 1 Redrum module, and over 50 various effects.

Thor is awesome. Once you get the basics, it's such a beast. Very good for sound design

The only thing I don't like is that its desktop version does not exist outside Reason, and I don't wanna buy Reason