Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shut Up and Play The Arturia iProphet, Demo for iPad

For all its apparent faults it's still a great sounding synth so lets hope it get some TLC soon
http://thesoundtestroom.com/shut-up-and-play-the-arturia-iprophet-demo-for-ipad/

Comments

• It's funny it reminds me so much of many of my hardware synths I used to own. Many of them had bugs. I find the iProphet to be very hardware synth like. It has quirks, they don't tend to make it unusable for most, just needs workarounds. Even some of the presets make noises as if it had analog circuits that are still cold and it only happens on start up! Lol

• I bought this last night, it's actually not bad and capable of some decent sounds. Auxy picked it up straight away and I managed to record a thing with it. Shame it doesn't have an arpeggiator, but for four quid it's a nice app to muck about with.

• @monzo said:
    I bought this last night, it's actually not bad and capable of some decent sounds. Auxy picked it up straight away and I managed to record a thing with it. Shame it doesn't have an arpeggiator, but for four quid it's a nice app to muck about with.

Dig deep, there is great sounds to be had out of this, then bung it through some great effects and it sounds wonderful.

• @monzo said:
    I bought this last night, it's actually not bad and capable of some decent sounds. Auxy picked it up straight away and I managed to record a thing with it. Shame it doesn't have an arpeggiator, but for four quid it's a nice app to muck about with.

when used with auxy it is nice how auxy can not only control volume, but also control cutoff and modulation of iprophet. but mysteriously this only works if you set auxy to auxy (out) not to iprophet.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    It's funny it reminds me so much of many of my hardware synths I used to own. Many of them had bugs. I find the iProphet to be very hardware synth like. It has quirks, they don't tend to make it unusable for most, just needs workarounds. Even some of the presets make noises as if it had analog circuits that are still cold and it only happens on start up! Lol

yes totally it feels like a piece of hardware that has some electrical problems at times

• Now that I've tried it I kinda wish I had one of the hardware versions. The programming is much easier than many synths.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Dig deep, there is great sounds to be had out of this, then bung it through some great effects and it sounds wonderful.

Yeah, the pads are nice, and I like the four-way toggle thing - easier to make evolving sounds than some of my other synths.

@nick said:
    when used with auxy it is nice how auxy can not only control volume, but also control cutoff and modulation of iprophet. but mysteriously this only works if you set auxy to auxy (out) not to iprophet.

Ah right, haven't seen this, I'll check it out thanks.

• thanks for the post. just watched and listened to it.

i dont know.. its retrorhythms.. i might just wait for korg im1 to go on sale again and get that one. (bugger -- i should have pulled trigger and upgrade ios last week)