Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Great, but for the price, it would be better as universal app. Personal opinion, of course.

Thanks for the heads-up.

• Korg apps - love them and gotta own them all. Bring it on.

• edited September 2015

Love Korg, but this is my least favourite Korg app, had it since day one but never really used it. I think for the price they should stretch to making it universal though, instead of milking it.

• Incase they pull the page here's an image link..

http://imgur.com/LwUYcMp

• edited September 2015

@monzo said:
    Love Korg, but this is my least favourite Korg app, had it since day one but never really used it. I think for the price they should stretch to making it universal though, instead of milking it.

I will probably use this more on my phone tbh. Train to work etc

I wonder if it is the same as the iPad version? Looks differenty

• Wow, good find. Looks like a completely new app (as opposed to a cc of the iPad version). Here's hoping they update the iPad version too, if it's not to be a universal app.

• @Beathoven said:
    Wow, good find. Looks like a completely new app (as opposed to a cc of the iPad version). Here's hoping they update the iPad version too, if it's not to be a universal app.

We can but hope etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    We can but hope etc.

Just checked the controls and it looks like a 1:1 copy with just redesigned ui to fit iphone

• edited September 2015

@MirEko said:
    Just checked the controls and it looks like a 1:1 copy with just redesigned ui to fit iphone

Seems a shame to go to all that trouble and not update some of the features. It would make sense for Korg to update the iPad version and make a new Gadget :)

• Rather see electribe 2 sampler.

• All the 'original' Electribes as Apps/Gadgets would be super sweet, ER-1(Drums), EA-2(two VA-Synths) and ES-1 (Sampler) :)

• @monzo said:

me too, try it für 10-15minutes delete it, and i love the other Korg Apps!

• @obiwahnkentobi said:
    me too, try it für 10-15minutes delete it, and i love the other Korg Apps!

It's a shame, I used to go into my local music store and lust over the hardware Electribes. Think I'd have more fun with EA-2 and ES-1 versions, maybe they'll get around to doing these one day.

• Interesting. The original iElectribe came out in January 2011, I think? (http://appshopper.com/music/korg-ielectribe) It's a cool hardware recreation and sounds good, but as others have said, it's not one that gets used over a lot of the other rhythm apps.

One thing about Korg though - they've gotten easily 100 dollars of my money and while some of it is awesome and some of it is just decent, it's always well done. Gadget remains the shining star of that lineup, IMO, because it combines so many great (and varied) sounds into a beautiful U.I. that works so well together.

• I still love ielectribe for being able to automate changing fx types. Not enough apps let you do this. The automation in it is great for glitch.

• iElectribe is still one of the drum apps that I enjoy using from time to time.

I do miss the possibility to edit the automation-data in detail (especially tuning per step which i used all the time to make bass-lines on my Electribe ES-1). But if Korg ever updates iElectribe for iOS I hope they include it as a 'Gadget' or at least add the Gadgetish-Sequencer to it which would make editing/programming automation data sweet.

• Page now pulled...

• Looks more skeuomorphic than the iPad version. I like that but it's not enough to justify a purchase. A few extra features would do it.

• edited September 2015

@firejan82 said:
    Looks more skeuomorphic than the iPad version. I like that but it's not enough to justify a purchase. A few extra features would do it.

I'm hoping stem export, if only as Live project, as in iKaossilator, though I'd prefer the full set of of Gadget's options for export. This added to iPad iElectribe would also be sweet.

iElectribe is pretty great in my view, especially in a live rig, when amped nice and loud. it took a long time for iOS to have any other grooveboxes - with actual synthesis - as cool as iElectribe. For a long time bleep!Box was the only other real contender. These days, yikes a lot of drum boxes including with synthesis

• @Littlewoodg said:
    iElectribe is pretty great in my view, especially in a live rig, when amped nice and loud. it took a long time for iOS to have any other grooveboxes - with actual synthesis - as cool as iElectribe. For a long time bleep!Box was the only other real contender. These days, yikes a lot of drum boxes including with synthesis

Yes it is pretty great. On the iPad it competes(for my time) with some heavy contenders but on the iPhone it will go mainly against SeekBeats and ElasticDrums. Would be a must have if I only had the iPhone.

• edited September 2015

Korg's been teasing about new products coming tomorrow (3rd), hoping this is one of them, even if it's a 1:1 copy of the iPad version. I have a feeling I'll be using it more on the iPhone then on the iPad anyways

• I'd use it more on the iPhone too. Though it does look really photo-realistic skeu-ish for me compared to the ipad version.

• It's out. Too bad not a universal app :(

• Yeah it's out in the U.S. now

$9.99 USD and that's 50% off!

• The only feature set differences I spotted so far is that it's got ring modulation and it's missing tube gain. Think I'm going to keep it anyway. I'm just not that good with money.

• Link!

KORG iELECTRIBE for iPhone by KORG INC.
    https://appsto.re/us/7Ukb8.i

• Purchased. Don't totally regret it, but really should have been universal. It really needs midi to sync with other apps. The only good thing about it not being universal is that you can run the iPad and iPhone version at the same time, though without a way to sync (besides hitting play at the right time).

• @subluxator said:
    The only good thing about it not being universal is that you can run the iPad and iPhone version at the same time, though without a way to sync (besides hitting play at the right time).

Is it usable on the iPad? I'm thinking about getting just the iPhone version for using it on the iPod Touch and occasionally on my iPad

BTW, strange that the iphone version is 2.5 times bigger than the iPad version (100 vs 40 MBs)

• Can you save project files on the iPhone and transfer them to the iPad version iElectribe? I would definitely pick it up.

• Does it have midi notes and ccs in to play the sounds? Like the iPad version has?