Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hoping a seekbeats update will fix midi in issues

I'm getting pops, clicks, crashes, no sound when piping midi from patterning into seekbeats.
Hoping a fix is in the works because this little combo is super powerful

Comments

• Yep I get the same so I'm not using seekbeats much right now, think the midi in has been a bit flakey for a while. I hope it gets fixed too.

• Me too, but I can't replicate the crashes and not sure what is causing them.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Me too, but I can't replicate the crashes and not sure what is causing them.

That would be the cymbal! ;)

@Fruitbat1919 Actually the reason I was so quick in answering your 'Sanpshot delete' thread last night is that I'd come on here to look for Seekbeats midi answers.

I really wish there was a way to midi learn CCs for the envelopes.

Also even though we love Audiobus, a simple Audio copy for patterns is a functionality I really miss in Seekbeats.

• Lol @SpookyZoo Just really started getting into SeekBeats, near the start of the learning curve with it. Enjoying it so far.

First thing that struck me so far, is no transport control on the Perf page. Maybe needs the Tempo and Shuffle duplicated there too.

How you finding it syncing with other apps? Going to give that a test today hopefully.

• I'm getting a constant hum after altering some of the sounds after hitting the drum bar. Can't figure out if it's my weird sound settings or a bug lol

• edited August 2015

Some notes:

• Constant hum comes from an amp evelope that never closes. It's s bug really. You need to go into the envelope and make sure just adjust its decay to zero

• I get sound cut outs when using midi in. It's odd. The app doesn't crash completely but all sounds mute. The 'fix' is to reload the song (or possibly just the snapshot) and it comes back to life. This happens every few minutes.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Some notes:

• Constant hum comes from an amp evelope that never closes. It's s bug really. You need to go into the envelope and make sure just adjust its decay to zero

• I get sound cut outs when using midi in. It's odd. The app doesn't crash completely but all sounds mute. The 'fix' is to reload the song (or possibly just the snapshot) and it comes back to life. This happens every few minutes.

Thanks for that :)

• @Fruitbat1919 Yeah I agree, for all the love Seekbeats gets, and it is good, there just seems to be a few obvious things missing. Transport bar on a performance page being just one.

Good help from @Matt_Fletcher_2000 who is our resident 'Mad Midi Scientist'. I swear, one of these days he's gonna find an app combo that gets his name on the periodic table. ;)

• I've kinda been trying to crash it at the moment by randomly altering settings. I can get the sound drop out by doing this, with no midi in. I will try to replicate it, so I can email the Devs.

• Yep. It's weird.

Once the sound drops you can actually bring it back by muting certain drums until you mute the 'problem' one. Seems like it gets overloaded or something.

Few bugs definitely.