Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Psytrance Acid leads

Hey guys! basicly, im looking for a iOS synth app that can make similiar sounds, as in this video

Would be Freaking awesome if anyone could help me achive this wonderful sound :P

Comments

• Most synths could do this. Of course each synth has it's own character.
    Which synth do you have...
    Indeed, i made now such a sound with Mitoynth. Thank's for the inspiration. It seems that thing can do acid as well :)

• Tera from Virsyn would be maybe the best on iOS here. I think it comes already with a few of such sounds. For Psy Trance Tera is really great!

• thx for fast answer :D will check Tera out for sure! would help my psytrance ''wannabe'' so much better with sounds like this :P

• anyother app that u can recomend for psytrance? Everything from bassline to effect :D

• Auria with some of the Fabfilters and lots of great delays for iOS. Synth wise Z3TA+ and so many others could handle the sounds.

• edited August 2015

@Mugaz84 said:
    anyother app that u can recomend for psytrance? Everything from bassline to effect :D

Normally most synths can do such things. But i really think that Tera Synth is unbeatable for this kind of sounds. The envelopes are so fast and snappy and the filters can squelch and bite :)
    But which synth do you own? Maybe you still have the right tool!

Edit: Oh, there is another super synth for this of course. Sunrizer.... a must have synth for iOS (desktop) indeed!

• edited August 2015

@Bsteff21 said:
    Thor.

would be cool if u could tell to what it would help :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Auria with some of the Fabfilters and lots of great delays for iOS. Synth wise Z3TA+ and so many others could handle the sounds..

my problem is that im kinda new to this so im not sure ''how'' to get to the sound :/

• edited August 2015

@Mugaz84 said:

Then i would choose Sunrizer because it's a simpler synth but sounds awesome. It has also some great acid patches on board and is also a subtractive synth like the one in the video. I could recommend you some patches which you might like.

• Cinebient has given you the best advice to get the sound...snappy envelope sound with the right choice of filter. The effects then make the wash and repeats of the sound.
    That video is quite helpful, just use an iOS synth of your choice and see what you get, when altering the filter with a good snappy sound.
    Use effects wisely and with purpose, as it is easy to turn a sound to mush!
    You may need to look up further video help on the Internet about envelopes, filters and some synth basics work if you don't already know. How to set up delays would be helpful too....then just play with the sound until it works for you....have fun.

• Go 'Figure' for a starting point;)
    You can easily make interesting loops and change the sound's qualities on the fly.

• Novation launchpad is free and then £1.49 for the Psytrance loop pack if you wanna have a bit of fun without making the sounds yourself.

• And what about korg gadget ?

• @pierre said:
    And what about korg gadget ?

Well yeah...of course. Easy to work with and easy to record knob movements, plus great sounds...

• @pierre said:
    And what about korg gadget ?

Not used the delays in Gadget though....are they any good?

• Unfortunately, a lot of the gadget synths miss fx, i m so sad Dublin doesn't have a delay, i end up using Berlin most of the time, its the biggest problem in gadget imho ( even 2 fx send in the mixer would be amazing )

Workaround: using auria and fabfilter plugings on exported tracks from gadget

• @pierre said:
    Unfortunately, a lot of the gadget synths miss fx, i m so sad Dublin doesn't have a delay, i end up using Berlin most of the time, its the biggest problem in gadget imho ( even 2 fx send in the mixer would be amazing )

Workaround: using auria and fabfilter plugings on exported tracks from gadget

That's exactly what I do lol.....love my Fabfilters

• edited August 2015

@Cinebient said:

Would be awesome if u could tip some patches in sunrizer :)

• Another vote for Sunrizer for your particular need

• edited August 2015

The best to start would be f.e. this here in the default bank:

Patch 193 Haledoid

Patch 197 Aciiiied

Patch 214 Goa Head!

Patch 187 Hallucio

Patch 168 Lead B

........ there are a lot more. These could be a good start to look further. Don't forget to play with the modwheel. Also Sunrizer has pretty good FX included.> @Mugaz84 said:

Would be awesome if u could tip some patches in sunrizer :)

• @Cinebient said:
    The best to start would be f.e. this here in the default bank:

Patch 193 Haledoid

Patch 197 Aciiiied

Patch 214 Goa Head!

Patch 187 Hallucio

Patch 168 Lead B

........ there are a lot more. These could be a good start to look further. Don't forget to play with the modwheel. Also Sunrizer has pretty good FX included.> Mugaz84 said:

Awesome tips there m8! U dont happend to know how i can automate for example the filter cutoff in sunrizer from cubasis or auria?

• @Mugaz84: Sunrizer has midi learn! Not sure if Cubasis or Auria can automate this. I have these apps but doesn't used them for a while...

• edited August 2015

@Cinebient said:
    Mugaz84: Sunrizer has midi learn! Not sure if Cubasis or Auria can automate this. I have these apps but doesn't used them for a while...

Cubasis can, just found it, Auria cant atm, but when Auria Pro comes then it ''should'' work :D

• Good to know!

• xenxen
    edited August 2015

Check this monster thread out on Gearslutz:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/846372-ultimate-goa-trance-technique-thread.html

It's aimed at Goa more than Psy - but there is so much crossover and good info there it is well worth making a brew and digging in for a couple of hours.

There are some links to some other info on there - the .pdf file about Finnish Forest Trance is HIGHLY recommended (up to about half way through is the general stuff, before it gets specific about the Finnish scene) if you want really want to get into this stuff - it goes into the particular characteristics of the music and breaks down some classic old tracks and explains how they work in terms of structure and style. There are a ton of links to good examples on You Tube and a couple of serious artists drop in and add some production tips (Psychaos and Martian Arts).

The real value added is the explanation not just of what makes a particular sound, but what makes the style - what scales are used in leads for example are just as important as envelope speed or filter characteristic - how the lead and the percussion are interacting or how the energy of the track ebbs or flows.

On the question of iOS synths - Thor, Z3TA+, Tera, iMini, iSEM, iPolysix, iMS-20 - they should keep you busy for a while.

• I would read this, then buy any one of the many synths mentioned in the thread (emphasis on the number ONE) and start learning how to make the sounds you like. It will save money and help you to learn about synths work.

http://www.syntorial.com/tutorials/ten-steps-to-becoming-a-synth-dynamo/

If you just want presets then get synthmaster player as it is designed for exactly that reason.

Any one of the synths mentioned is excellent, so it's hard to make a wrong choice.

• Use Arpeggist with Wolfsburg in Gadget...