Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

At last! Logic Pro X with our darling Alchemy Synth!

Comments

• Hope a player comes to iOS. I had Alchemy on my last pc, but missed out on it for my iPad. Please please please bring a player to iPad.

• Ooh lovely, I'll download that later :)

• Downloading the 'additional content now', servers seem to be quite busy...

• Hmm... pressure seems to be quite high...

My Internet connection is working just fine but Logic Pro X decided to lie to me and say it's not...

• @Samu said:
    Downloading the 'additional content now', servers seem to be quite busy...

I'll wait a bit then...

• Downloaded here in the UK. Awesome! 14GB additional content for Alchemy. Woo hoo! This is just great news. Cheers Apple.

• Surprise surprise, whatever next.

• Is it so, that Apple now "give away" software that other people paid more than $1000 for?

• Just wanted to ask the same Q
    Is it the same full vanilla Alchemy?

• APPLE ∀˥ƆHƎW⅄, it loads 1.5 files, even boasts some improvement.

• Arse, requires 10.9 and I'm on 10.8. Can't download Mavericks now so I'd have to install Yosemite, but after reading the horror stories for running it on older Macs I daren't. Arse.

• Been waiting on this one for some time now,

• Is Logic available for Windows?

• JG sits back and waits for the inevitable etc

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Is Logic available for Windows?

It used to be. :-) "Logic 5.5.1 was the last version to be released for Windows."

• @Diode108 said:
    It used to be. :-) "Logic 5.5.1 was the last version to be released for Windows."

Circa 2002-03

• woah, sounds great... one of those things that I would feel guilty about having just knowing so many "other people paid more than $1000"

• @Hmtx said:
    woah, sounds great... one of those things that I would feel guilty about having just knowing so many "other people paid more than $1000"

Must be a deep kick in the butt for customer of the PC version unfortunately but hard to blame Apple here if they make a company an offer they couldn't deny.I would say this time they have done everything right.

• It looks very different on their screencap.> @thesoundtestroom said:

Is Logic available for Windows?

Every once in a while Doug comes up with some funny shit. Besides, the words, "Logic" and "Windows" don't quite sit well in the same sentence. :)

• it's also in apple main stage - $29.99. then you can get the free logic remote app, which has a keyboard that includes alchemy's magical transmogrification pad, so you can play alchemy FROM your ipad if not actually on it. (seems like you need to unhook your mac from ethernet and turn on wireless for logic remote to fully connect.) there's also a huge amount of content available, seemingly free. just got this all hooked up, so know nothing more...

• nice, MainStage received Alchemy too

• with regard to the earlier post, please check system and software requirements before investing! seems like most everything has to be up-to-date software-wise. and, yes, i do use actual hooks...

• @mratto said:
    with regard to the earlier post, please check system and software requirements before investing! seems like most everything has to be up-to-date software-wise. and, yes, i do use actual hooks...

Good to know.

• Halfway down now, Yea !!!!! Definitely a bit slow, looks to be a really popular upgrade Shocked it happened as fast as it did, was expecting this time next year. 19GB of additional sounds libs just for Alchemy as well!

• edited August 2015

My friend Rob Martino (http://robmartino.com) is a big part of the Alchemy team. Apple bought Camel Audio back in January and Rob went to work for Apple. He couldn't tell us what he was doing and we've been unsure about the fate of Alchemy. This sure answers that question and Rob tells me he's been working on this for 4 years. He is a wonderful programmer and musician who also happens to a great guy. This is great day for him and us!

• After just a bit of playing around with it, I'm almost speechless. For such a beast of a synth to come in a free update is near astonishing. Never really used LPX all that much, now I see myself using it all the time.

• I hope they bring it back to ios as well.I think there is a good chance,especially if they really want to release an ipad pro.Bringing both together would be SO obviously a smart and logical move that even the apple marketing can't overlook it :)

• OK, just a minute here. Can I go buy Mainstage for $30 and get the FULL Alchemy for free? This seems a bit off... maybe too good to be true.

• Yes, MainStage comes with all the sounds/instruments available in Logic Pro