Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I'm not seeing the update for Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer yet, (UK) this may be a regional thing. I like it a lot and its great that it will be on the bus!

• edited May 2013

Just a heads up on the Yamaha app...It sounds so bad it'll make you depressed. Really, it's so bad it will actually make you mentally ill. Plus, of course, most "cool" stuff is locked behind IAPs. Doubt even the awesome Turnado or any FabFilter plug can remedy this one..

• Yeah, I agree with @ChrisG on the sound quality, although I don't think it is that bad, since I don't believe I'm mentally ill (others may disagree.) I do like the app though. For getting ideas for composition, it's been pretty helpful to me.

• It's a great idea and yes most of the decent sounds are IAP's and I remember seeing somebody say that the Fabfilters actually make Yamaha MMS sound good.

• I like this app too.some people sometimes don't want to turn a hundred knobs for five hours
    just to get some noise as a result.this app works fine to develop ideas .
    The update is not yet available in germany.

• For me Yamaha MMS is great for creating new ideas - quite an intuitive interface and sounds fine with a bit of processing...

• edited May 2013

Sorry, I don't think it sounds bad, so I must be mentally ill. Ok, the sounds aren't going to surprise anyone or win any awards, but as a collection of basic sounds to get ideas down, they do the job. It can be very powerful as a song writing tool - lots of patterns in a variety of styles, plus you can create your own, you can record linear tracks over the patterns (or just ignore the patterns and use it as a normal midi sequencer), saves as midi file or you can drive other apps directly, so team up with something like Bs-16i. More versatile and better sounds than say Chordbot - but they all have their place. And you can export to a Motif, if you happen to have one lying around...

• This is a super deep app and I think this puts people off..all sounds and kits can be customised..it handles cpu well too..no crackles or pops on my iPad2...it can sound very cheesy though so you have to work at making it sound good...the quality of the sounds is good..

• One thing I found is I turn off the reverb for each "instrument" that seems to help make it sound a good bit better, especially the drums. What are some things you do @thesoundtestroom? I also will get something I like abs dump I out onto the glorious FabFilter's

• I'll tell you what I found nice..is get a drum pattern going then go to edit sound and take the decay down on the kit...you get a really nice clipped feel to the whole pattern..very tight...add a tiny bit of delay and no reverb and some nice effects can be got..just getting into recording my own phrases..and one of the coolest things here is I can record a sequence type phrase in C then tell the app to change key every beat or bar over however many bars I like...very cool feature..I also love the beat variation section..and the fact that you can choose to vary the beat or not over the course of say 4 bars..so 1st bar no variation 2nd bar varied 3rd no 4th yes. And it remember only the section you are working on...complex stuff...

• @thesoundtestroom Sounds like another tutorial video. Lol

• Yes, a tutorial video please.

• @thesoundtestroom already has this demo/review on YT:

• Video of complex stuff. Lol

• This video was made ages ago..I understand the app a lot better now..As an easy to program drum machine this is hard to beat...the more you want to do the more complex and interesting it can get..

• Yeah...I thought it might still serve as a good primer for those who just got the app. But now that you're an old hand at it @thesoundtestroom, can we assume an updated video is in the works? :-)

• Ha...yeah I was thinking about doing a more detailed one just focusing on the phrases you can make yourself and the synth editor..it has a lot of sort of hidden stuff that aint apparent to you start digging..normally I like apps that are fairly easy to get to grips with because they make for a quicker workflow..and some like this keep me going back to see what else there is to find..

• Yes please

• @soundtestroon Thank you. Im sure everyone appreciates your service to the forum.

• There's NOTHING from Yamaha in the Brazilian AppStore. I don't even have TNRi, which was one of the first apps I've looked for when I bought my first iPad. Yamaha is only second to Korg in keyboard sales here, there's even something called Yamaha Brasil, so I really don't understand that. :/

• edited March 2014

• edited June 2013

• edited June 2013