Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW APP: MKSensation Live Giggin'/Rompler Module

Gospel Musicians releases a MKSensation Live Giggin' Module for iPad for free with In-App purchases.
Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mksensation-live-giggin-module/id996418917?mt=8

The MKSensation for iPad is a spin off of the MKSensation Player's EP for Kontakt Player. The goal of MKSensation is to be your complete gigging and rompler based library with all of the bread and butter sounds that a keyboard player would need. Think of MKSensation as a virtual rompler of which you can layer and mix sounds together on the fly. It's designed to be simple and ready to play instantly for instant inspiration. Effects (reverb, chorus, tremolo) can be applied globally or bypassed.

Sounds Available:

1. Piano 1 - MKS Piano 1
2. Piano
2 - MKS Piano 2 (FREE)

3. EP 1 - MKS EP 1 with and without chorus (Sampled using the original chorus)

4. EP 2 - MKS EP 2 with and without chorus (Sampled using the original chorus)

5. Power Grand - Classic gospel grand piano

6. Acoustic Grand - Warm acoustic grand (FREE)

7. Dyno - 80s type electric dyno

8. FM Tine - DX FM electric EP

9. Brass - Warm Brass Section with Mod Wheel LFO (FREE)

10. Synth - Poly Synth with Mod Wheel LFO

11. Strings - Warm cinematic strings

12. Pad - Warm pad.

Promotion:
MKSensation is a free download which includes three free sounds. Purchase all sounds for $19.99 until September 15th, 2015.

Video Demo:

Comments

• Hey Jamal, will Audiobus and IAA be added. Nice sounds.

• i love those interfaces where everything you accidentally touch opens a BUY NOW dialog

• edited August 2015

Half a gig out of the box. Wonder if the IAPs are already loaded just locked....? Hafta say for a fool like myself it's always a bit of a downer when you open a new app, pop up the onscreen keyboard, select a base sound and....nothing. Rebooting.

EDIT: Which worked....

• Sometimes the 'tech-geek' in me gets upset. Why do we in 2015 need >500MB to 're-create' the sound from a module that had ~1MB ROM and where are the 'real' virtual emulations of the older hardware?

Both Yamaha and Roland have made some legendary gear but fail to capitalise on their investment for a new era...

• I would like an app that has an interface for live playing IAA apps mapped across a keyboard with separate volume controls like this. Nearest I have so far is AB with MiMiX.

• @Samu said:
    Sometimes the 'tech-geek' in me gets upset. Why do we in 2015 need >500MB to 're-create' the sound from a module that had ~1MB ROM and where are the 'real' virtual emulations of the older hardware?

Both Yamaha and Roland have made some legendary gear but fail to capitalise on their investment for a new era...

That's a great question and here is a short answer

Yamaha, Roland, etc... use a very proprietary method in which to compress their files. The compression rate is even smaller than that of FLAC. They also use 44kHz/16-bit. In addition they loop the sample at a very, very small length and use even more proprietary software to "synthesize" the sound to make the decay into a seamless loop.

It is very, very involved and to be honest if the download was 5-6 MB, then many would complain of the quality.

• edited August 2015

@mgmg4871 said:
    Hey Jamal, will Audiobus and IAA be added. Nice sounds.

AudioBus is already added.

Also, IAA will almost not be needed anymore now that iOS 9 has the new plugin architecture.

• Is there a key Range feature for splits?

• Sounds are wonderful, but I'll need to get an iPad with enough memory to work this.

Glad to see you on the forum Jamal!

• @GospelMusicians Still Yamaha and Roland managed to make the output from their instruments worth sampling so they must be doing something right even with short loops and 'synthesis magic' ;)

I'm pretty familiar on how different synthesis engines/methods work and the work involved in making them sound good so this is in no way criticism, just a reflection over the situation in general. Some day I personally hope that Yamaha and Roland 'catch up' with Korg (iM1 as one prime example) when it comes to recreating their older hardware for a new era. I mean they already have access to the 'DSP-Code' needed for re-creating 'the machines'.

For those in need for the classic 'gospel-sounds' this is will probably be fully embraced, but for 'sound-tweakers' like me I'll pass this time around :)

• @Samu Thanks for the input. Trust me, every sound designer in the world (And I know a lot), wish we had the DSP tools that Roland, Korg, and Yamaha have, but we are resorting to FLAC and AAC formats. These big companies have compression algorithms that can compress up to 7-10 times the amount and keep the quality, so we can't compete there.

I do agree that the sound quality is high, but can't compete with the big sample engines. For example a Korg M1 piano or EP will have maybe 4 velocity layers. Our libraries have 12, but larger.

the MKSensation starts off as a "gospel" module, but it definitely can work for any music. We have more sounds coming as well. Take a download of our Neo-Soul Keys and play the demos...Our quality is high: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neo-soul-keys/id579058867?mt=8

I agree....Korg is kicking major but on the iOS side and we are looking to do the same :)

• @Lacm1993 said:
    Is there a key Range feature for splits?

Not in version 1. Splits are coming as well as more sounds.

@funjunkie27 Which iPad do you have? We test all of our apps using the iPad 4th Generation. Anything higher than that (excluding the iPad 3) should work fine.

• Not worried about that @GospelMusicians. I have a iPad4 and mini retina, but both are fully loaded 32G models, so I would have to determine what could be culled or upgrade to a 64/128G.

• This is my kind of app, I shall be demoing this very very soon

• Technically, I guess someone can play songs for me at my funeral.

• @RustiK said:
    Technically, I guess someone can play songs for me at my funeral.

Like, maybe, 60 year old Skrillex will play some of his wayyyyyy outdated house stuff from way back in the 2015"s. :)

I wonder if they will call it "Classic House"?

• If you are not familiar with our MKSensation line, note that it is taken from the classic Roland MKS-20 piano module. The first 4 sounds are those.

• I like the video: both the sounds and the style. As a practical question, I'm curious to hear how these instruments stack up against the obvious alternatives: IKM SampleTank, Roland SoundCanvas, and Korg iM1. (I did catch your note, Jamal, about the number of samples per note.)

• @dokwok2 I downloaded it once I saw this thread and watched the video. Thought it would be great for my live music use and used it for about an hour before coming to the conclusion that The Korg Module sounds are a lot better. If only Module had the layering capabilities of this with a realistic strings IAP...

• @nercrome Our first set of sounds are for our gospel cats that need those bread and butter, but there will be more sounds coming. We are working on them now. You'll be able to configure your own buttons.

• @GospelMusicians glad to hear that! hope to hear a lot of good stuff from y'all :)

• I recon Musikman4Christ is gonna love this :)

• There absolutely no doubt that Neo-Soul Keys is one of the finest apps for Electric Piano sounds on IOS. It is also true that it takes a great deal of space on an IPad. This app is of similar type. I am very excited and grateful to @GospelMusicians for whipping out another stunning app. I wish, like others, that it did not consume so much IPad space. But the quality of the sounds are truly fantastic. Another fine instrument added to our arsenal. Thank you so much!

• Thanks @NoiseHorse. @Samu actually inspired me to talk to explore the synthesis methods as well. But the truth of the matter is that there is always an inverse relationship between quality and size. The smaller the files, usually the less the quality. I personally just bought an iPad just for my music, but I do understand the size issue.

• Good to know splits are coming as well as new sounds, i really need something simple for live playing

• @GospelMusicians, are all the instruments downloaded with the free 500 MB download; and unlocked with purchase? If not, how much extra space in MBs will the full purchase of instruments add to the existing 500 MB?

• @bsantoro said:
    GospelMusicians, are all the instruments downloaded with the free 500 MB download; and unlocked with purchase? If not, how much extra space in MBs will the full purchase of instruments add to the existing 500 MB?

i'd like to know the same

• The whole complete package is 540mb

• @bsantoro Yes, you get the complete download and the sounds are unlocked. If you make an IAP, nothing else will be downloaded.