Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

n-Track Daw Updated

n-Track Daw updated with fix for effects crash. Kudos to Dev.

Comments

• Nice on the turn-around time!

• Yes, credit to dev

• I'm loving this daw. Everything's working. Been testing with Sampletank.

• It's so cheap and I definitely don't need it but.......why do I want it so bad! This is a serious sickness.

• Is anyone using a external audio interface with n-Track? I just tested with my akai EIE and get no sound from input source in AB. I can play recorded tracks through EIE but can't record. Anyway sent Dev a email.

• @Bootsy I completely agree, it's an addiction and were all stricken with it.... In infects us all...we watch daily for new apps and justify why we "need" them so we can buy them....but it hurts so good

• @Mgmg4871: I hope this quote from the user guide helps:

If you have connected an external accessory that allow to record in stereo, press the Hammer button and select Settings or click on the settings button in the lower toolbar (iPad), then click on the Record mode button to toggle between recording a single mono track, a single stereo track or two mono tracks (stereo to two mono).
    n-Track for iOS (version 1.8 and later) supports recording from USB multichannel audio interfaces connected via the Camera Connection Kit (currently supported on the iPad only).

You can read more in the Pro-Audio multichannel recording on the iPad page
    NOTE: it appears that the iPad disconnects the external USB device as soon as you plug something in the device regular headphones jack. If the external USB device doesn't appear to be working, please try unplugging any accessory in the headphones jack, disconnect the USB device, wait a few seconds and connect it again.

• @NoiseHorse Thanks but that didn't help. Are you using an external audio interface?

• Nope just thought it might help, sorry!

• edited May 2013

Hi all,

this is Flavio from n-Track. Thanks for the useful comments we've found on this forum. We are 100% committed to making n-Track work great with Audiobus as we believe it's a great platform and a big step forward in making music and working with audio on iOS.
    We have received lots of feedback from Audiobus users since the first version that supported it went live yesterday. Thanks to Apple which this time was very quick in publishing the bugfix for the 'touch to add effects' button crash, sorry for that.

We are currently investigating a few issues related to Audiobus:

• some combination of 2 or more simultaneous input apps break audio streaming, i.e. you hear the app audio together with noise bursts

• using Audiobus seems to stop audio input from external audio interfaces with multiple (i.e. 4+) inputs. Stereo input/output devices don't seem to be affected

• sometimes it's difficult to stop n-Track to stream audio in the background, you may have to kill it twice in the background apps list

We expect a new version that fixes the problems to be available next week. I'll post on this forum when I have updates.

Flavio.

• edited May 2013

Thank you Flavio. We appreciate your rapid responses to issues. Very useful app.

• Flavio thanks for that update, I was just going to post when I see it.

• N track or MT daw, which is best in your opinions.
    I want something that will clock sync properly and will primarily be used for recording guitar.
    I keep buying apps and end up not using them, addict! ;-)

• N tracks advantage is automation and more effects IMO.

• edited May 2013

I must say I was quite surprise about the features that this App has and it's price point. As mgmg4871 stated it has automation and more effects, I notice however that you can't do automation on the effects, am I doing something wrong.
    Could someone check this feature and if this is so maybe we see this in next update.
    Looking forward to next update.

• @nutomoro - no midi clock (right guys?)

• Hopefully midi clock will be in next MT Daw update.
    Thanks for the replies gents :-)

• @Nu2moro - what would you use MIDI clock for? We do have MIDI clock in the Windows/Mac version of n-Track, we could add it to the iOS version, it's not however a feature that is commonly used

• Probably for triggering drum machines to start when recording.

• +1 for midi clock :))

• Ntrackdev
    I want to able to sync midi/ drum track to recorded audio. As is often the case after you have recorded a nice guitar track you need to change something on the drums or midi to suit what you have played. It's also especially useful for recording audio from these cpu hungry synths that struggle with polyphony on iphones.

• edited May 2013

@ntrack dev - if you added midi, you'd be the first 24 bit/96khz daw to be able to do so. Your competitors, Auria and MultiTrack, dont have MIDI (yet)

• I usually judge how good an app is by the way it disappears when you're using it, that is to say, after the initial learning curve everything becomes instinctive, you can forget the interface and just think about what you're trying to create. I'm thinking of apps like Samplr, Thumbjam, Alchemy, Multitrack DAW, we all have our favourites, don't we. Which brings me to n track studio. Now I love a bargain and I thought "this looks amazing, look at all those features and it even has our beloved Audiobus bolted into it as well" lets give it a go...........imagine my surprise when after nearly 3 hours I still haven't managed to do anything vaguely creative with this because of the many crashes, freezes, mysterious audiopastes and things that make you go aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrah! Somebody, please, tell me it's me, I'm just stupid and this is the best thing since Audiobus. Has anybody managed to anything with this without it crashing? I know the developers will ask "what kind of problems are you having"? Tell us, be specific, you know what......."I ain't got time ta bleed" .............begone from my beautiful ipad foul unfinished app. £5.48 down the drain, beware.

• @Mmmwahaha I am with you....this app is a nightmare!!! Bugs, bugs and more bugs... a really top flop....deleating...

• Wow, has it been that messed up? After i bought it, I havent had a chance to really push it.

• I've seen a lot of crashes too, as well as tracks being auto created for no apparent reason. Early adoption does have it's risks!

• I got in touch with Apple and for the first time ever asked for my money back, they have agreed to a full refund. If something doesn't work properly, I'm not paying for it.

• is it really that bad? i had been thinking over the last few days about picking this up since i still had $10 in itunes credits left, otherwise i'll blow it on borderlands granular and something else, and just buy beatmaker 2 in a few weeks. any thoughts/suggestions?

• edited May 2013

I haven't had that bad of an experience with this app. The one crash after trying to open effects, but the Dev gave a workaround until was updated. He updated with a fix and is working on some new features.. I think that shows he is serious about making improvements. I've learned there are a lot of variables in app creation and it takes time. I can't off hand remember one app that didn't need fixes. My only issue with Devs is when they ignore the issues.

• i understand that completely, because i am truly terrible at coding. so i couldn't even imagine what some of these devs go through. it's just when i checked appshopper the app has been out for just over two year. i just got taken back when i read Mmmwahaha's thoughts on it. kinda figured with two years in the app store most of the bugs would have been worked out, but i'll give it a chance if you think it's as good as BM2 as far as straight up audio is concerned.