Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Haunting of Sally Caster - new album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell

A 70s style Prog fest with some more modern noises too from Doug (The Soundtestroom) Woods and Colin (Alter Ego UK/A Multitude of One) Powell!

A showcase for many great iOS apps including: Audiobus, Cubasis, Audioshare, AudioMastering, SynthMaster, Bismark bs-16i, SampleTank, Alchemy Mobile, Thumbjam, Jamup Pro XT, Arturia iSem, iGrand, Jordantron, AUFX: Space.

Now available for download here:
https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/album/the-haunting-of-sally-caster

Also includes a full colour PDF booklet containing the full story of The Haunting of Sally Caster, more images, credits, track info and the inspiration for the album.

Comments

• That was quick! I haven't listened to it yet but none the less, nice work gentlemen

• Purchased! I wonder if includes samples of Doug saying, "H'lo, h'lo, welcome to The Soundtestroom!"

I'll report back.

• Thanks @johnfromberkeley ! :) (no it doesn't feature Doug saying "H'lo, h'lo, welcome to The Soundtestroom!" That just isn't scary enough for this album! :)

Yes @TGiG - it all happened vary quickly. Doug and I seem to be on the same wavelength musically! Just had a look and I first received Doug's Cubasis Project file for his Jordantron demo called The Haunting of Sally Caster on 16th July - so that is a whole album and booklet done and dusted in just over 1 month! :)

• Love Rats in the Attic

• Man, I'm bummed I have deadlines, I wanna hear da Jordantron.

• Proggy. Epic. That's the first song. Hahahaha, I can't wait to hear this whole thing!

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    it all happened vary quickly. Doug and I seem to be on the same wavelength musically! Just had a look and I first received Doug's Cubasis Project file for his Jordantron demo called The Haunting of Sally Caster on 16th July - so that is a whole album and booklet done and dusted in just over 1 month! :)

Wow, impressive stuff.

• This sounds AWESOME on my Klipsch speakers - great job with the compositions, mix and mastering and just a big ol' kudos to you, Colin, and Mr. @soundtestroom Doug Woods. Great, powerful, fun stuff to listen to.

I know this is a joint project, but i can't help, listening to "Rats in the Attic," but suspect Doug's recent "John Carpenter" tribute video could be viewed as a bit of a disclaimer ;) I mean that in the best possible way, of course!

Beautifull playing throughout from both of you. Much success to your album! Just hearing it today cheered me up :)

• Actually, believe it or not, @eustressor, that track is actually one of mine that I originally wrote several years ago and gave the midi track a new lease of life with better sounds! But it does sound a bit John Carpenterish. Although he is not one of my conscious influences :)

Glad you liked it.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Actually, believe it or not, eustressor, that track is actually one of mine that I originally wrote several years ago and gave the midi track a new lease of life with better sounds! But it does sound a bit John Carpenterish. Although he is not one of my conscious influences :)

Further evidence why you two make such a formidable musical duo - cool, cool, cool :)

• Thanks everyone for the great response, actually also "Rats" was so complete when ?I got the project it was the one song on the album that I never touched.

The John Carpenter Project I made fitted very well with the theme, as did a couple of the others so we remixed and added new parts and they became part of the album too

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    The John Carpenter Project I made fitted very well with the theme, as did a couple of the others so we remixed and added new parts and they became part of the album too

Awesomer and awesomer. I look forward to kicking back with the PDF and a full listen later.

Just wanted to add, to you and @AlterEgo_UK, that this release has given me great inspiration as well ... I've been sitting on a "ready to master" EP for 2 weeks now, unsure how and where to release. Also wanted to include a PDF and maybe some art.

I now feel like Bandcamp is as good a place to get started as anywhere.

• Cheers, @eustressor and thanks for downloading the album! :)

• Listening to it now :)

• Congradulations! I'm using the hotel WiFi to listen to it. It's really well written. It would make a great soundtrack to a supernatural/horror film. Great prog rock too!

• Wow............... This is soo good. It sounds excellent. I love it.

• Thanks @mkell424 and @High5denied . Glad you like it! :)

• Here is a taster of all 12 tracks on the latest album from Doug (The Soundtestroom) Woods and Colin (A Multitude of One) Powell. This will also give you a taste of some of the artwork in the PDF booklet:
    The Haunting of Sally Caster

This is an album with a story - it comes complete with a colourful PDF booklet that contains the story of Sally Caster and lots of other info!
    Album trailer video:

To get the most out of your Sally Caster experience, read the story first, up to the track listing, then follow the tracks in order as they play and then read the Epilogue and credits :)

• @AlterEgo_UK Great promo video. What program did you use?

@DD829 said:
    Very charming.

Remember folks, play music to charm
    Not to impress.

What does "play music to charm not to impress" mean?

• Thanks, @DD829.
    @mkell424: I used Pinnacle for iOS for the video.
    I presume "play music to charm not to impress" means don't be too flashy e.g. Showing people how fast you can play or using the strangest rhythms you can come up with at the expense of a nice melody. :)

• edited August 2015

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    I presume "play music to charm not to impress" means don't be too flashy e.g. Showing people how fast you can play or using the strangest rhythms you can come up with at the expense of a nice melody. :)

That's a great saying. I've never heard that before. It's true in prog they sometimes they do what I like to call "jacking off" with their instruments. ;-)

• Just watched the trailer - now looking forward to the full album experience. Next stop, the full live show at the Classic Rock Society!

• @AlterEgo_UK @thesoundtestroom

Wow...wow...wow! Better than I had hoped for...and I was hoping for something pretty good!

Very inspiring guys.

• Thanks, yeah so far people who are into that prog rock style seem to really like it

• Thanks, everyone! :)