Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Experimental Ambient Piece with Animoog, Alchemy, Midimorphosis and FX

edited August 2015 in Creations

For the indulgent:

First pure drone, ambient piece created for the Ambient Online Image Inspired Dare #4. I posted the picture of yellow balloons into a generative iOS app called Spinphony and then played with the sounds, chords, notes in realtime. I then recorded it into Audioshare via Audiobus, placed it into Secret Base Design's Midimorphosis and sent the track to two Animoog Patches and one Alchemy patch. One Animoog patch was ran through Harmony Voice and Stereo Designer. I Then recorded the results live into Cubasis, messing with the X/Y Pad in Animoog and the remix pad in Alchemy in realtime. Finally, I then played one more Animoog patch live into Cubasis via Audiobus and reversed it. I then EQ'd in Cubasis, mastered in Master Record, and then slowed it down 40% in Audiostretch.

Comments

• Waw. Quite a story. Incredible workflow. Will listen.

• Lovely. I really like the textures and wandering quality. Hopeful yet foreboding. Very sweet. Just as things get cozy the reversed parts give these nice unwinds to make you question where you are at. Great title.

• That Spinphony is cool, thanks for the tip

• @Macao95 said:
    Waw. Quite a story. Incredible workflow. Will listen.

Ha! Thanks. Yeah, I did it all very quickly believe it or not with all of those steps. Just trying something new in between my insanely anal normal song creation process.

• @AudioGus said:
    Lovely. I really like the textures and wandering quality. Hopeful yet foreboding. Very sweet. Just as things get cozy the reversed parts give these nice unwinds to make you question where you are at. Great title.

Thanks! I like giving myself a challenge to get a song going. This happened to be an actual challenge, but then I added in using Spinphony, which had sat in my dust collecting apps folder. I do enjoy the internal synth as well, just didn't fit with what I was doing.

• I have been considering midimorphosis wondering if i could pipe in some sample based pieces from old tracks and resurrect them in a new way... Hmmm...

• @AudioGus

It's pretty great. I have used it for offline processing and realtime. It is made for guitars, so it doesn't handle drums well, but everything else has been spot on. I read somewhere the @SecretBaseDesign was going to rewrite it and make a brand new app from it. Not sure if that is the case. It has given new life to my Omnichord however.