Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOOP TREE: How do you use it?

How do you use it?
What type of music do you do?
What DAW do you use with it?
What is the best thing about it?
Compared to LOOPY - what is difference?

Thanks in advance. Having a couple spare bucks I was thinking about trying this app out. Looking for user opinions and experience.

Comments

• I've just jumped into the "looping world" with both LoopTree and Loopy HD (as they're on sale).

My first impression is that Loopy HD is more intuitive than LoopTree, even if the latter isn't difficult to play with.

Two things I really prefer in LoopTree are : layer recording (vs overdub in Loopy HD) and touch up actions.

• But hey... what about synchronization in looptree ? I there some ? Ableton link ? Midi sync ? This is basic requirement...

• @Renetik said:
    But hey... what about synchronization in looptree ? I there some ? Ableton link ? Midi sync ? This is basic requirement...

Yeah LoopTree biggest disappointment for me, so much potential but no sync, no edit start times, pain to record other apps in time and not cheap either. New apps Group the Loop and LooperSonic much better so far, Link planned soon with both I think

• @heavybeats Sorry to hear LoopTree didn't live up to your expectations. I hope you'll be pleased to know that we are planning on introducing more or less everything you mentioned. There's some under-the-hood work that needs doing to allow us to sync with Link, but it'll get there :)

• @CodingCod said:
    @heavybeats Sorry to hear LoopTree didn't live up to your expectations. I hope you'll be pleased to know that we are planning on introducing more or less everything you mentioned. There's some under-the-hood work that needs doing to allow us to sync with Link, but it'll get there :)

Great news, will be such a complete app with Link and extras added. Looking forward to it!

• @CodingCod
    Any update on adding Link?

• I bought LoopTree and for the most part, it works as advertised. I just have some defect where my brain somehow understands how to work in DAW's, but loopers confuse me. The layout of LoopTree is very DAW-like, so that was part of the appeal to me. I do revisit it from time to time because it's nice to use on iPhone.

• @heavybeats said:

@CodingCod said:
    @heavybeats Sorry to hear LoopTree didn't live up to your expectations. I hope you'll be pleased to know that we are planning on introducing more or less everything you mentioned. There's some under-the-hood work that needs doing to allow us to sync with Link, but it'll get there :)

Great news, will be such a complete app with Link and extras added. Looking forward to it!

I second that. Bought Loop Tree at start, disappointed too and hardly used it. Good to hear from the dev that LINK and extra's will be added :) Hope the update will be soon and not that months.

• @srcer said:
    @CodingCod
    Any update on adding Link?

Hopefully the silence is a sign of furious coding in progress. Would be terribly ironic if LoopTree didn't get Link considering MIDI Link Sync is a staple around here.

• I think LoopTree is super cool. The paradigm it uses makes it possible to have practically infinite, non-destructive loops.

• Yes, this is true.... untill Loopy ME finally comes out ;-)

PS : what I only mean is that Loopy HD is way older than LoopTree... And Loopy ME will set a new reference of quality for loopers (I'm really confident about that).

• Not to mention Loopy ME will most assuredly have Link!
    Come on LoopTree, you can do it!

• Thanks for the support and encouragement. LoopTree is still in our minds although days jobs have been taking priority.

Back when we released MIDI Link Sync, we had also proved the concept of LoopTree with Link sync, however it feels like it'll take a fair effort to get from there to working version. We'd like to move to the amazing audio engine 2 before implementing Link.

So many exciting possibilities!

• I am not monogamous with Looping.

I use different loopers for different things on different devices.

LOOP TREE - Vocals
    LOOPERSONIC - Loop Creation Assembling Samples
    LOOPY - Basic Idea Formation / Performance
    GROUP THE LOOP - Song Recording and Formal Recording Composition

Have Everest but never quite got it.

• @CodingCod said:
    Thanks for the support and encouragement. LoopTree is still in our minds although days jobs have been taking priority.

Back when we released MIDI Link Sync, we had also proved the concept of LoopTree with Link sync, however it feels like it'll take a fair effort to get from there to working version. We'd like to move to the amazing audio engine 2 before implementing Link.

So many exciting possibilities!

Hope possibilities will soon be implemented. Maybe just make basic version and after that multiple updates. This type of working gets the user the feeling that devs are not abandoning their app :)

• Any news about looptree?

• @Bartlinux said:
    Any news about looptree?

Also curious about this

• Very quiet around here. In the meantime I'm playing around with Quantiloop Beta. It 's really nice!

• @Munibeast said:
    Very quiet around here. In the meantime I'm playing around with Quantiloop Beta. It 's really nice!

Looptree seems to look to have become abandomware :(
    Shame it never made it to Ableton Link, looked something with with great potential.

• @Munibeast said:
    Very quiet around here. In the meantime I'm playing around with Quantiloop Beta. It 's really nice!

Quantiloop is the one that will be king, the new features are mindblowing